Author Topic: Dead Man Walkin'  (Read 6068 times)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Man Walkin'
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2013, 03:11:11 pm »
Note to self. Start hanging out with doctors and paramedic types  ;D
My wife's a E.D. nurse, If I keeled over she'd just look down at me and mutter "Die ya barstard..."

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 05:00:08 pm »

One thing about life... no one gets out alive... ;D :D

any sign of the almighty while you were over there??

Maybe I wasn't gone long enough, but I got nothing.  No "Go back!" or "Come to the light", no out of body experience or long dark tunnels.  Just have a pain in my sternum from all the pumping and a desire to live life a little fuller and healthier.
 ;)
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 07:57:56 pm »
Here's an idea that would make Jerry and I very happy.

While we both come from a different part of the emergency services spectrum we both have training (Jerry far more than me) to hopefully make a difference to the outcome of people who we encounter in our downtime who have suffered a cardiac event, and other emergencies.

It's great to hear that TR has survived a near death situation but how about all of you take heed of what has happened and rather being one of the useless sods who stand and watch a persons life ebb away take the step to become PROFICIENT in first aid. It may be wonderful for you that Jerry for example may be able to keep your blood pumping pending arrival of his Ambo mates but what if the boot was on the other foot.

How about every contributor to this thread get back on here to say they have, as a result of TR's good fortune, put their money on the fridge and received First Aid training - good if you are out on the trails too !

While we're at it how many of you donate blood ?

Cheers guys and good to hear you survived TR !

Dave Mac  :)
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 10:22:13 pm »
This thread should be called LIVE MAN STILL KICKING  ;D My old man had a heart attack a few years back. As we live in a country town the local hospital thought it best they fly him by  helicopter to Sydney. When my  Dad was a young bloke he was stuck in a lift for 5 hours so he hates lifts & flying. You guessed it the day of his heart attack they put him in the lift to take down to the helicopter pad. Just before they wheeled him down the corridor of the hospital he called out to me. Garry  he said I said yes Dad as I lent down to hear what he was going to say. Some last minute father to son talk. No not my old man he grabbed my shirt with his fist and most the hairs on my chest  and said  I want a bloody cardboard coffin don,t waste your money.With that they wheeled him away. I had dinner with him tonight   ;D All the best mate keep on riding. Jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 09:23:54 am »
 Just have a pain in my sternum from all the pumping and a desire to live life a little fuller and healthier.
 ;)
[/quote]

thank your luck stars its your Sternum! :D :D ive heard some pretty funny ER stories....

Ive completed and had  level 2 1st aid tickets since the early 90's (mining business) but im out of ticketed time now (was in management!!) now unemployed o I might sign up for a refresher as the process is now continually refined thanks to real life tests like TR's and each new bit of info works its way into the system so its worthwhile.

The best bonus and I guess I was always lucky was that each course was always taken by a cutie pie which ensured a 100% roll up for every session. Unfortunately they would always make us use the dummy!! 8)

Yes so as Dave Mac says, if you haven't taken a 1st aid course b4, get one under your belt asap as it will give you the clarity in a bad situation to make some real judgement on wether to let them die or try and help :D :D

im sure weve all heard about the bloke being electrocuted by the power pole and ol mate whacks him with a 4x2 to "break contact"

a first aider would ask first....