Author Topic: NSW Pre65 MX Series  (Read 9758 times)

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: NSW Pre65 MX Series
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 10:31:58 pm »
Totally agree on the photo above it would actually be perfect.... if GD66 can provide a link that would be great.

Onto it, son. ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Montynut

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 11:34:19 pm »
What about the "The Roy East Classic Scrambles Championship".

I like that one

Any others?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:17:42 am by Montynut »

Montynut

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 12:00:16 am »
You could call it the ( Roy East Grand National VMX Series) or ( Roy East Grand National State Series)and dedicate the races to others within the program.

Dave this is actually a series of Pre65 races that runs at 3 meetings of the 7 round Heaven series this year. The meetings chosen to host the Pre65s are the most suitable circuits for the bikes.

The Pre65 do not have separate meetings as such. We are trying to rejuvenate Pre65 MX racing in NSW as the participation of these bikes has almost ceased in our club. We know the bikes are out there. We are trying to offer a limited number of meetings with a focus on suitable circuits to allow the owners and riders of these valuable machines to take part in a limited series which is more attractive we hope.

The attitude of Roy East to VMX sort of encapsulates what we are trying to do. He was super successful in his golden period but continued to ride his beloved Metisse into later life just for the sheer joy of it. I understand that Vic and other states have a stronger following of the Pre65 era and this series we hope will put life back into it in NSW.

We would really welcome riders from inter-state particularly at the CRC (August) or Canowindra Cup (October)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 12:02:30 am by Montynut »

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 09:05:18 am »
Can you give me dates and the closest events to me ( in Queensland).
I like the idea and would like to support it.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 09:06:33 am »

albrid-3

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 09:18:02 am »
You could call it the ( Roy East Grand National VMX Series) or ( Roy East Grand National State Series)and dedicate the races to others within the program.

Dave this is actually a series of Pre65 races that runs at 3 meetings of the 7 round Heaven series this year. The meetings chosen to host the Pre65s are the most suitable circuits for the bikes.

The Pre65 do not have separate meetings as such. We are trying to rejuvenate Pre65 MX racing in NSW as the participation of these bikes has almost ceased in our club. We know the bikes are out there. We are trying to offer a limited number of meetings with a focus on suitable circuits to allow the owners and riders of these valuable machines to take part in a limited series which is more attractive we hope.

The attitude of Roy East to VMX sort of encapsulates what we are trying to do. He was super successful in his golden period but continued to ride his beloved Metisse into later life just for the sheer joy of it. I understand that Vic and other states have a stronger following of the Pre65 era and this series we hope will put life back into it in NSW. You have my full support, the flame is burning brighter.

We would really welcome riders from inter-state particularly at the CRC (August) or Canowindra Cup (October)

I see know what you are trying to do Montynut, Once the dates are set, I would also invite other clubs like the Classic scramble club, we have members with pre 65 bikes, and would be happy to support this series, I do hope that you keep it as a small series. This is an excellent idea and I wish you well, do it right and they will come. Plus it will give me a chance to come to nsw and catch up with my son.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:31:15 am by Dave #6 »

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 11:58:45 am »
For a pre-65 series, the Rickman pic would be ideal, but if it's a Roy East-titled series surely we could come up with as good a pic as possible of the great man himself.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 12:19:15 pm »

For a pre-65 series, the Rickman pic would be ideal, but if it's a Roy East-titled series surely we could come up with as good a pic as possible of the great man himself.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 12:46:37 pm »
It'd be lovely if we could get Roy's beloved Metisse along to the event. It's owned by Brian Clarkson who's not feeling too well himself these days. It'd be fantastic if he could bring it down from Port Macquarie,  I'll have a chat with him but I won't get my hopes up too high. Does anyone know the whereabouts of Herbie (Can't think of last name) that used to work with Clarko at Penrith Wreckers and owns the fluro orange T100 Tribsa Mk2 Metisse? I'd love to see that bike out again.

I'm also working on getting Edgar Phipps to bring two or three of his bikes below...........

ESO Metisse

Monark 500 Triumph
                                          Ex Terry Gunter/ex Graeme Bartholomew TriBSA

Gavin Martinis lovely ivory Matchless Metisse

Jonesy has committed both his Cheney Matchless and Black Betty
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:09:58 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 12:57:03 pm »
This is an excellent idea and I wish you well, do it right and they will come. Plus it will give me a chance to come to nsw and catch up with my son.
It's also a good opportunity to bring the Adler up for a fang Dave. You do still have it don't you?

What about Bert Cavell and his lads on the family Beeza's, Mr Bamford and his Trumpy Metisse and my old mate Vern Grayson and his great little Cheney Triumph? I know the AJS is still in rebuild mode but has Dave T finished his Greeves yet?...........I'm just throwing 'em out there. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:13:30 pm by firko »

albrid-3

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 01:42:26 pm »
Gary Whites Monark, Ray Akins Greeves, Rick and Barnards, Jawas and Greeves, Rod Mcdonald Dots or Greeves, Hally`s CZ twin ports, John Boag`s CZ twin port. Ross Martin Greeves, Gary Edwards, Gold star and Sprite, Stewart Youngs, Sprite. There are heaps more. David Morse Velo Metisse.

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 02:21:20 pm »
 The little 250 Husky`s going to be up against it....  Can`t wait ;D ;D
Couple of CR`s

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 03:34:19 pm »
Will you bring the Adler up dave??
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline monte34

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2013, 07:37:15 pm »
Do you still have the Adler Dave, I was always keen on that bike. If you still have it, is it for sale?

Offline czeck

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 09:40:17 am »
ENTRIES NOW OPEN
SEE
http://www.heaven-vmx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/pre65-flyer.pdf
for details
If you have a bike at home and cannot ride it, please bring it up. I am postive that we can find a rider for your bike. It would be great to see and hear a whole bunch of early 4 stroke machinery.
I am bring up 2 bikes,
Lets make it a big day.