Author Topic: All time classic photographs  (Read 86279 times)

albrid-3

Re: All time classic photographs
« Reply #210 on: July 04, 2013, 07:56:57 pm »

albrid-3

« Reply #211 on: July 04, 2013, 07:57:30 pm »

albrid-3

« Reply #212 on: July 04, 2013, 07:59:10 pm »

albrid-3

« Reply #213 on: July 04, 2013, 08:00:10 pm »

albrid-3

« Reply #214 on: July 04, 2013, 08:01:38 pm »

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 04, 2013, 08:05:53 pm »

But Dave, "What big hands you have" ;D ;D ;D

Stan

albrid-3

« Reply #216 on: July 04, 2013, 08:14:19 pm »
Stan, there are very clever people in this world, I love the Honda RC6, and the wheels and forks being made.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2013, 08:42:24 pm »
Paul, Dave's bike was a 200cc or something close to that from what I've been told......there is no way a 125cc 4 stroke Honda is going to go past a 125cc 2 stroke Honda Elsinore in a straight line ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2013, 09:21:03 pm »
Great opportunity to confess all Dave?? J

mainline

« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2013, 09:37:24 pm »
Paul, Dave's bike was a 200cc or something close to that from what I've been told......there is no way a 125cc 4 stroke Honda is going to go past a 125cc 2 stroke Honda Elsinore in a straight line ;)

What class was this?  I would have thought a 200 4 stroke z fair match for a 125 2 stroke?. Didn't know they were running them together in the one class?

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2013, 10:02:00 pm »
What was wrong with the bike? 
It was a battle between John Budd, Elsinore, John Boag Zundapp, Me Maico, plus their was firko mate on a 1975 Suzuki,
I'll leave Dave to explain whether his bike had an XR200 motor or not but I will go to the defence of my friend. Dave keeps claiming that Mick Cram who ended up getting the third place trophy after Dave was eventually disqualified was riding a '75 TM Suzuki. MA dealt with the case and found Micks bike to be a proper '74 model with confusion being caused by the bike being fitted with a '75 model starburst logo tank, so any allegations of Mick himself cheating were dismissed. They also found Dave's little Maico to be "a tad large" for the 125 class. For the record Mick Cram didn't protest Dave, as disappointed as he was when he found out he'd been beaten by an allegedly oversized bike, he still opted to let it go. The protest came from elsewhere after officials were informed by other racers that the engine in the Maico was from a later, post 75 model.

Thankfully situations such as the above are these days few and far between  because most racers know the drill and eligibility knowledge has improved to the point that it's pretty hard to pull a swifty without someone spotting it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 10:17:43 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2013, 10:11:29 pm »
Dave?

albrid-3

« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2013, 10:26:33 pm »
What was wrong with the bike? 
It was a battle between John Budd, Elsinore, John Boag Zundapp, Me Maico, plus their was firko mate on a 1975 Suzuki,
I'll leave Dave to explain whether his bike had an XR200 motor or not but I will got to the defence of my friend. Dave keeps claiming that Mick Cram who ended up getting the third place trophy after Dave was eventually disqualified was riding a '75 TM Suzuki. MA dealt with the case and found Micks bike to be a proper '74 model with confusion caused by the bike being fitted with a '75 model starburst logo tank so any allegations of Mick himself cheating were dismissed. They also found Dave's little Maico to be "a tad large" for the 125 class. For the record Mick Cram didn't protest Dave, as disappointed as he was when he found out he'd been beaten by an allegedly oversized bike, he still opted not to protest. The protest came from elsewhere after officials were informed by other racers that the engine in the Maico was from a later post 75 model. s

Thankfully situations such as the above are these days few and far between  because most racers know the drill and eligibility knowledge has improved to the point that it's pretty hard to pull a swifty without someone spotting it.
Well Mark Thats good ready, all new to me, My bike could have been a 350cc, and it could have been a 125cc, truthfully I have no idea, as far as I was concern, the bike was a 125cc, not 200cc or 185cc. (Quote) they also found dave`s little maico to be a tad large, well I would like to know who found my bike was a tad larger, because no one said anything to me on the day of the Titles, only you Mark a week or 2 later. and as for MA, nothing was mention to me, I gave up the title because of all the bullshit that you were saying about me and you were going to write bullshit in Australian Dirt Bike. Magazine about me being a Cheat. Plus I didn't even Know the size of the engine, The famous Hallam Brothers built the engine, they are well known for their engine building.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:10:00 pm by Dave #6 »

Offline monte34

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2013, 07:08:12 am »
Dave, why would you give up your placing and not know the capacity of the bike you were riding. Surely if you were in the right you would have it checked out and tell the world ???

albrid-3

« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2013, 07:45:20 am »
monte, l bought the engine complete and running off Ken wiltshire, from terang motorcycle wreckers victoria, Ken is well Known for his speedway sprint Midgets. I also bought the rolling Maico Frame off ken too, Even Ken
didn't know the size of the engine, but we did no that it was a very good engine and being build by The Hallams, its was going to be a ripper. and it proved itself, the Hallam Brothers engineering Knowledge is outstanding.