Author Topic: Queensland Moto Park(Wyaralong) Interclub-QVMX, BMCC May 26th  (Read 18183 times)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland Moto Park(Wyaralong) Interclub-QVMX, BMCC May 26th
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2013, 09:34:54 AM »
Lets get something clear the natural terrain track does not belong to vintage and it does not belong to quads. It was to be just used for special occasions and race meetings.  That is why there is a start area and flag points.  In my opinion if it keeps being used as much as it is the track will just end up as another track at the park.  For any track to be true natural terrain it shouldn't be over used.  Also even if the PROs were on Pre78 machines they would still rut up the track they just go so much harder than any of us old farts.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2013, 09:54:23 AM »
wE

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2013, 10:02:49 AM »
Try again. Stichers in my finger have me bumping all sorts of buttons.
We were told that from the very begining so lets keep it that way please. Lock it up and just use it for "occassions"
I'l even supply some cattle to run on it and we can split the profits ( I was going to say sheep but you know how some of these VMX riders are)

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2013, 10:05:22 AM »
Well said K ;)ev!

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »
Here is hoping we get another great club day there again one day. Thanks to Kev and the QMP crew for such a well maintained track and both clubs for a smoothly run event.
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2013, 07:57:40 PM »
Sorry I haven't responded for a few days, but there are some things that need comments.

1. Worm the club doesn't need to confirm anything RE the 80cc class.  The GCRs already permit the 85cc 2/- & 150cc 4/- classes to race small wheel (15" to 17" front) and (14" rear) with the big wheel class (19" to 21" front) and (16" to 19" rear) together GCR 12.17.3 & 12.16.0.3 a).  Please note 85 2/- & 150 4/- Juniors are permitted to have full size wheels 21" front 18/19" rear.  So small wheel machines can race with bikes with the normal size wheels.  Also the sup-regs permit the club to combine classes if needed.

where in the GCR's does it list 80cc bikes for classic motocross, it does not, so unless they are part of the sup regs, i would think they are in breach of GCR's, so by all means have a seperate race but I think you will find you should not combine them with other classes. But hey, you advise them as you must be right. Worms

Offline maico67

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2013, 05:09:53 PM »
As far as I'm concerned , if I get a ride in what ever category I've nominated for ,and the day doesn't drag out , I'm happy for the 80s to have a ride , as i understand they were voted in by the club anyway ,is it really concerning those against it that much ??
Stop sucking on a lemon , and get over it , or get yourself an 80 !!!!

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2013, 12:19:30 PM »
Worms The quote (in blue) you have from me is wrong.  The following words are not from me.

"where in the GCR's does it list 80cc bikes for classic motocross, it does not, so unless they are part of the sup regs, i would think they are in breach of GCR's, so by all means have a seperate race but I think you will find you should not combine them with other classes. But hey, you advise them as you must be right. Worms"

Yes it doesn't say that 80cc is a classic or post classic class in the GCRs it also doesn't list a Women's class should we drop it too.  (I don't think so).  It also doesn't say in the GCRs that you can't have any extra classes at a Classic meeting.  The sup-regs have been approved with the 80cc class and Women's class so that is it.  Protest it if you want to.  And again the 80cc class is a senior class so it can be combined with another class.  At QMP it was run with the Women's class.  If you still think the GCRs don't permit it please find that rule and let us know.

Either way let the club get on with doing what they do best.  Or run for a position on the club executive and do it your way (if you have the support).

Kevin
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2013, 01:39:53 PM »
I don't care how many classes the club run, my point is about protecting the committee and it's members from liabilities from running outside the GCR's. Has anyone bothered to contact MQ or MA regarding the 80cc class in Classic Motocross and have written guidance for running of the class. If they have, good, but if they havnt they need to, that is all I have been saying in a round about way.

as for doing things my way, well it would be done as per the GCR's and by the book. As I learnt the hard way at the introduction of Pre85, applying to MA for the class and introducing it at club level, all done by the then committee of the QVMX for all of Australia and look at where it is now, so lets make sure we do it right and lets see where it ends up.

I will make this my last post,

Worms

Simo63

« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2013, 01:47:53 PM »
I will make this my last post,

Worms

Hmm ... I hope you mean "I will make this my last post on this subject" Trev?

Offline The Stroker

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2013, 06:27:17 AM »
As most of us know, if anyone is going to run things by the book, it would be Trev, and with his wealth of experience it would be done right as well.