Author Topic: Queensland Moto Park(Wyaralong) Interclub-QVMX, BMCC May 26th  (Read 18205 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland Moto Park(Wyaralong) Interclub-QVMX, BMCC May 26th
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2013, 09:01:30 AM »
Agree 100% with Lisa and Paul, fantastic well run meeting on a great track with a big turnout of riders, vmx is alive and well in Qld!
About the 80cc race, I think with only 2 riders at Coles creek and 3 at QMP the class was introduced prematurely.. I would think you'd need a guaranteed 10 or more starters to run it...

Simo63

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2013, 11:20:43 AM »
Agree 100% with Lisa and Paul, fantastic well run meeting on a great track with a big turnout of riders, vmx is alive and well in Qld!
About the 80cc race, I think with only 2 riders at Coles creek and 3 at QMP the class was introduced prematurely.. I would think you'd need a guaranteed 10 or more starters to run it...

I disagree JO.  At Coles Creek there were exactly 3 Pre 78 250's .. should we not run that class until we can guarantee 10 starters?  I support that the clubs allow these bikes to race by combining them with other classes where possible.

I think combining the 80's with the pre 74 125's at Coles Creek was fine although Davey might not agree judging my his hand waving gestures in the final race of the day  ;D

Offline kim80y

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2013, 12:38:50 PM »
Many classes often don't have more then 6, thats why they can be combined, so everyone can have a go, including sidecars, how many runs would sidecars get if they had to have 10 to a meet??

If the day was so jam packed that there couldn't be anything else fitted in then that may need a closer look, but even at QMP there was all in ride at the end, which only 2 took up the oportunity, and sidcars could have had another run too, but declined.

I welcome the day there are too many classes and bikes at a meet for grids to be full aall day and not enough time in the day to get through a meet.

Cheers
Kim ;)

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2013, 12:46:13 PM »
2 points, the number of riders dosnt really change with the number of class's, the average of riders seems to be static over the last 6 or so years. Watching 2 or 3 bikes in any class is a waste of time and the organisers need to be mindful where possible, the other thing to consider is that small wheeled machines can not race with large ones under the GCR's( and yes I'll stand corrected)

otherwise, it all about the fun, and if it works, go and have fun

Cheers Worms
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:50:17 PM by worms »

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2013, 12:48:10 PM »
a great meeting for the sidecars we all had a ball doing what we do, ride em, brake em,  fix em for the next time (we had fun thats what its all about) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2013, 01:16:38 PM »
Simo I know you've only been in vmx for 5 mins so you're probably not aware that new classes are usually introduced because of demand, 3 bikes in a new class is hardly high demand.
Pre 78 250 has been proven over time as a popular class, you're not always going to get big grids at club days  but it got off to a better start than the 80cc class and good numbers turn up to title events.
Who knows maybe this discussion will get more people interested in the 80 class?

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2013, 01:22:50 PM »

I welcome the day there are too many classes and bikes at a meet for grids to be full aall day and not enough time in the day to get through a meet.

Cheers
Kim ;)
You've just described most Australian titles I've been to..

Simo63

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2013, 01:43:37 PM »
Simo I know you've only been in vmx for 5 mins

Ouch .. that stung JO.  I've been racing VMX for a bit longer than 5 minutes JO but I certainly concede it's only been 5 years since I first raced my restored Elsinore at Coles Creek.  Regardless of you pointing out that I might be a VMX novice I do not think I said anywhere that 3 bikes makes a class.  What I questioned was your statement that they should wait until there are 10 bikes to make a class and seeing as though you did not qualify that with "at a club day" then I responded with my opinion.  But hang on??  We are still talking club days so, again regardless of my novice vmx nature, I believe if there is more than 2 bikes that want to race then let them go for it.  Sure combine the race into other classes to make sure the event goes smoothly.

Who knows maybe this discussion will get more people interested in the 80 class?

Lets hope so. I'm certainly working on getting my bike out there to boost the grid numbers ... well ... really just to have a bit more fun ;D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:22:33 PM by Simo63 »

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2013, 08:18:16 PM »
Quote from Wasp. The other thing to consider is that small wheeled machines can not race with large ones under the GCR's( and yes I'll stand corrected).

You are corrected in senior classes (not Junior) there is no wheel size restrictions.  I have seen fathers race their son's or daughters 85cc bike at club days in the Lites class. A club is also allowed to race small wheel 85 with big wheel 85 Juniors together (sorry I used the word junior). I'm also sorry if I touched on a taboo subject by suggesting there could be one 80/85cc classic MX Junior class. Classic MX has a great family atmosphere.

I also had a great day on Sunday. I didn't know there was an all in race at the end. The club needs a PA.

PS how do you ad quotes from a previous post in blue.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2013, 08:29:07 PM »
it's worms, not our old mate wasp! ;D I would like a level 4 stewards opinion. and as always i will stand corrected, race them seperate, but not together.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2013, 08:40:31 PM »
Sorry about the name mix up, but you did get a level four steward's opinion. also level four CofC, Race Secretary, scrutineer, starter, judge/timekeeper and former MX commissioner.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2013, 05:18:36 AM »
cool, I will agree that at Minikana's they can, but we arnt racing Minikana's here, so again, if your a club you would want to confirm that the GCR's allow for combining of your minis with the larger wheeled bikes in general competition.

it's a healthy debate, the club needs to confirm before just throwing these bikes in the mix.

race them seperate is all I'm saying.

Worms
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 05:57:11 AM by worms »

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2013, 07:26:54 AM »
dont be sorry for using the word junior
julia raced for 2 years bmcc as a junior on 125
in that time only 2 other boys joined her
i put up a motion at bmcc agm 2009
to have a juniors 80 class
this motion was voted no
with crys of we dont want juniors taking over our club
perhaps its time for a change

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2013, 09:47:20 AM »
Well that's EFed that.
Spoke to local TM agent(TM motorcycles...not Suzuki TMs) yesterday and he mentioned the great day that they had at QMP on the "fantastic natural terrain circuit out there" on their moderns practising for Connondale this week end.
When I mentioned that they had modded all the neg camber corners and made it faster, he related how much quicker it was and sooo much better.
I 'spose that's great for high speed modern riders but that's not really what that track was built for (supposedly??) 

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2013, 09:53:46 AM »
When did they modify the track Vaughn?