Author Topic: Queensland Moto Park(Wyaralong) Interclub-QVMX, BMCC May 26th  (Read 18184 times)

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland Moto Park(Wyaralong) Interclub-QVMX, BMCC May 26th
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2013, 10:54:13 AM »
they took out a fair bit of dirt on the off camber corners in some corners they took about 2ft of dirt on the inside lines

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2013, 11:14:28 AM »
Well I'm talking out of turn a bit as I didn't ride last weekend but from what I've been told they have dug out and put berms outside the of the neg camber turns up the top of the hill.
I just think that it was one of the best tracks I have ever been on, though I've only ridden a few, because it had a bit of everything including those neg camber turns, which made riders have a bit of a think plus it slowed the field down which made for better racing. The surface was near to perfect loam and the terrain and lay-out more than suitable for both riders and spectators.
AND one of the best for passengers TOO......
Think about being a passenger over an appearing horizon into a neg camber right hand-er, then having to jump over for a down hill neg camber left hand-er, which tightens up and runs along a neg camber terrace, which then kicks left and then dips down to the right.
(lucky I was on with Lama and not Hansi or even Popeye for that matter :D :D :D :D)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2013, 11:32:35 AM »
The track was excellent last weekend and if they've changed it since the nationals last year it's minimal and i didn't notice it..

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2013, 11:37:13 AM »
could be you're on different lines so maybe you need a ride in a sidecar to get what I mean......when's a good time for you??

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:58 AM »
Track was pretty much the same for me too. Maybe you sidecar guys need to stay on the track... Or turn up  :-*

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2013, 12:52:19 PM »
come on Brad, sidecars in Qld have grown exponentially since 2009.....far quicker than any other class.
so we break down at times (so do the outfits) so what?
so I didn't make it to Wyaralong....1st race I've missed in a while.
just like the fat kids, we get picked on for being different.
BTW. My Wasp is looking for a driver for Harrisville....you available?

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2013, 10:14:00 PM »
I'm going to have to remember to edit first. ::)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnnCCIqr_1w

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2013, 04:48:50 PM »
Cheers. I forgot to start it off on the line. Remembered half way round the track. A picture of concentration I am.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2013, 11:04:15 AM »
Sorry I haven't responded for a few days, but there are some things that need comments.

1. Worm the club doesn't need to confirm anything RE the 80cc class.  The GCRs already permit the 85cc 2/- & 150cc 4/- classes to race small wheel (15" to 17" front) and (14" rear) with the big wheel class (19" to 21" front) and (16" to 19" rear) together GCR 12.17.3 & 12.16.0.3 a).  Please note 85 2/- & 150 4/- Juniors are permitted to have full size wheels 21" front 18/19" rear.  So small wheel machines can race with bikes with the normal size wheels.  Also the sup-regs permit the club to combine classes if needed.

2.  John the track has changed.  With work having to be done on the track on a regular basis the profile of the corners and camber has changed.  The bikes push the dirt to the outside of the corners and it hasn't always been brought back in.  Sometimes it has been done to protect the sprinklers.  Fixing broken sprinklers is not a pleasant job especially on a cold day.  Digging in mud is not my idea of fun.  For a track to be a true natural terrain track it can't be used all the time.  The best natural terrain track in Queensland was Echo Valley, this is going back 30 years.  It was used once maybe twice a year.  There is a DVD that shows that.  Conondale is going down the same track with over use.  Tracks can not remain natural terrain if they are used too often.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »
Kev if anything I like the track more now than last year, maybe the slight off cambers of last year are more level making the corners easier to get thru.. Or maybe it's just that my Maico turns so much better than the RM370? ;D

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2013, 05:05:48 PM »
Yes I agree the track is better to ride now (and maintain) but the more it is used the less and less it is natural terrain.  The only bits that are grass now are on both sides of the start straight.  We had the PROs there on Thursday.  Waters. Gibbs, Moss twins, McKenzie, Marrmont and more.  They kept pushing the track wider and wider.  Pushed one water barrier 2.5 metres of the track and broke a sprinkler (of course).   
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2013, 06:28:48 PM »
Ban the Pro's and save the track for Vintage.. Problem solvered!

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2013, 06:40:06 PM »
Don't ban the Pros...Put them on Evos! :D

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2013, 07:24:11 PM »
Put them on pre 78s with limited rear wheel travel. It's the LTR that digs up the track. Piss them off to their own circuit!
If they cut corners or continue to push it wide, put some ropes up like in the UK.....no corner cutting there and no complaints about tracks being dangerous either.