Author Topic: Queensland Moto Park(Wyaralong) Interclub-QVMX, BMCC May 26th  (Read 18185 times)

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland Moto Park(Wyaralong) Interclub-QVMX, BMCC May 26th
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2013, 10:13:07 AM »
The 80cc Race is bloody funny to watch!

Offline nigmax

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2013, 10:14:20 AM »
Yeah had a blast, great weekend can't wait for Toowoomba  ;D

Cheers
Nick
WAIT TILL HE SEE'S THE BATS!!

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2013, 09:36:42 AM »
We should also thank the QMP track guys who prepared the track (Mick & Ross) and Ray. I did a little bit but those guys are the main ones.

I was interested in the 80cc race.  I have asked this question before on another thread, but is it time to introduce a class for Juniors on classic mini-bikes?  You can race 9 to 16 year olds together if the permit allows for it. Because this meeting was at QMP did anyone notice how many sons and daughters of classic riders were also riding on the other tracks.

Kevin
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2013, 12:47:11 PM »
I think that's a great idea, I noticed it for sure! Most of the kids cant wait till they turn 16 to race with us...
QVMX limits the class to pre 90 models with maximum wheel combos of 14" & 17"...
More young kids having fun, more parents & kids doing projects together (in most cases), more members, more revenue for clubs...
9-12 years & 13-16 years class?
Am I on the wrong thread?

Offline The Stroker

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2013, 04:46:39 PM »
Q.V.M.X. constitution stipulates, " no juniors ", and in my opinion that's the way it should stay.
Let us old bloke have some fun without chasing grommets around all day, its hard enough keeping middle aged men organised, let alone kids.

mainline

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2013, 09:46:08 PM »
Q.V.M.X. constitution stipulates, " no juniors ", and in my opinion that's the way it should stay.
Let us old bloke have some fun without chasing grommets around all day, its hard enough keeping middle aged men organised, let alone kids.

Sorry to those that enjoyed the 80cc race, but I have to agree with the sentiment above. When you have full grids like we did on the weekend, it did seem a bit silly to me to have three 80's buzzing around while everyone waited.

It may be short-sighted, but we have two complimentary clubs up here, catering for all eras up to pre90, and I can't see how adding a 'novelty' class to a race day is necessary for the future of vmx.

Both Brissy clubs have heaps of practice days each year if the kids (or adults) want to have a go on an old 80.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2013, 10:35:42 PM »
The 80's are a waste of time proven by the amount of people interested in riding one..

Offline foxy969

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2013, 06:58:44 AM »
Hi Mainline,
The 80cc isn't a novelty race within the QVMX club it is actually a club championship class.
This can be 80cc 2 stroke and also up to 100cc 4 stroke.
This was introduced by and voted on by club members.
This was a interclub day for both clubs but it was also for points for QVMX members. As it was one of their championship rounds.
I do believe the whole day run well and finished well and truly within the time frame alotted for the event.
With the numbers building up in many of the other classes the clubs still need to be mindful and run the classes that have smaller numbers at times.
It was great that the 2 clubs QVMX and BMCC were able to get together and enjoy a day like this and on such a wonderful track. Look forward to the next interclub meet.
Regards Lisa Fox

Simo63

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2013, 08:08:25 AM »
One of my current projects in an RM80XD that I am rebuilding so I can bang handlebars with Foxy (of the Brian variety as I can't catch Lochie) because those guys racing each other around on their 80's looks like a whole lot of fun to me.

And that's why I do this VMX thing ... for fun so I'm happy to either watch the other riders have fun or, when my bike is ready, get out there and have some more fun myself.

I've seen a number of XL100's (they might be big bore 125's for all I know) at a couple of BMCC meetings and there were 6 or 8 80's at the Connondale Classic last year .. and they had a whole lot of fun ... even Tatey dragged out his fully race prepped TM75 for a blast.

I'm sure this fun thing will catch on and a few more 80 might appear .... if nothing else they are fun to watch and it's another 10 minutes for our tired old bodies to recouperate so I support the class (which is not for juniors).

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2013, 08:54:17 AM »
Im with you Simo63!
Im doing a RM80k in the near future, & im looking forward to running it!
We will be scrapping for the minors though, with Tommy Hannan & Russell Williamson.
Lochie is at a slightly different level...

Offline The Stroker

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2013, 04:20:26 PM »
The 80cc bikes are fine as long as the rider is over 16.

mainline

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2013, 05:13:13 PM »
Hi Mainline,
The 80cc isn't a novelty race within the QVMX club it is actually a club championship class.
This can be 80cc 2 stroke and also up to 100cc 4 stroke.
This was introduced by and voted on by club members.
This was a interclub day for both clubs but it was also for points for QVMX members. As it was one of their championship rounds.
I do believe the whole day run well and finished well and truly within the time frame alotted for the event.
With the numbers building up in many of the other classes the clubs still need to be mindful and run the classes that have smaller numbers at times.
It was great that the 2 clubs QVMX and BMCC were able to get together and enjoy a day like this and on such a wonderful track. Look forward to the next interclub meet.
Regards Lisa Fox

Hi Lisa,
Sorry if my post came across as negative as I thought the whole day (track and management) was fantastic and said so in a post on the previous page. I was merely voicing an opinion after someone asked a question about the 80cc class, and maybe "novelty" was a poor choice of words.
I do think however, if the 80cc/100cc class is to stay it'd need a few more entrants. I don't know if you could combine them with another class?

Anyhow,it was a great day, my first time back racing in over 12 mths, and i'm really looking forward to the next one.
Cheers
Paul
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:19:43 PM by mainline »

Offline foxy969

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2013, 05:52:58 PM »
Hi Paul
I should have separated the sentences a bit more. Top part was to explain the classes of 80cc. But the rest was just my opinion on how well everything come together for the interclub meeting and how good it was see the great numbers of entrants. I should have put it in a separate post(thinking about it now)
Written word is hard, I didn't take anything you said as negative at all sorry if my blurb come across that way.

The 80's usually run in with the Pre 75 or Pre78 125's which is really funny to watch as the 80's usually run circles around the 125's.
The class did have other classes in with it however one class (1 rider)didn't show and other class still only had 1 rider.

Regards Lisa

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2013, 05:58:04 PM »
Great video Elvis I love the sound of that 500 Braaaap!

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2013, 05:38:54 AM »
Great video Elvis I love the sound of that 500 Braaaap!
stay tuned for the second one on the Evo 250.