Author Topic: Forum Upgrade  (Read 20939 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Forum Upgrade
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:06:24 pm »
I have contacted a local website hosting company about migrating the OzVMX forum to their hosting package (cheaper and more storage space) and upgrading the software. I will also give the forum a facelift at the same time.

The end result? Hopefully a fresher look with improved performance and maybe even the ability to host photos directly in the forum.
The cost? $1500.

So, I will appeal to OzVMX members to donate to the cause to raise the necessary. Once we have $1500 in kitty I will proceed with the upgrade. Should I not reach the magic number, fear not that your donation will instead be used to fund my lavish lifestyle. Rather, I will put that money towards my future costs which include $600 annual fees for the Ning ausvmx site and $400 annual fees for the forum as it is.

Hopefully we will be able to raise the funds and we can upgrade our forum.

Please donate via Paypal using the email address gmc99 at bigpond.com

or by direct deposit to this Westpac bank account:

Title: Graeme McElligott
BSB: 732-636
AC No: 555769

You can also send cheques to:
Graeme McElligott
PO Box 1622
Tuggeranong ACT 2901

I won't be able to personally thank you, but believe me your contributions will be highly valued and appreciated.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:18:23 pm »
Thats only $30 from fifty people, considering the amount of people benefiting from this site in one way or another i think that shouldn't be too hard to achieve. Maybe even club secretaries could find a lil in their purse to make an extra donation on a clubs behalf?? Come on folks, its less than a slab of ya favourite piss and i bet we don't think twice before we buy the next one of them!!! Cant wait to see a fresh new look here and the possibility of direct image uploads is fantastic! Also Graeme i reckon providing a PayPal account email address may be a good idea too, people dont generally enjoy giving money away no matter how good the cause so the easier it can made for folks the better i reckon :) Just my 2c

Cheers, Brendan
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:21:57 pm by Rookie#1 »
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:24:06 pm »
Done deal.
                I would probably make the nightly news if i couldn`t have a read of this site each day.  Well worth the money.   Peter.
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 10:35:55 pm »
Also Graeme i reckon providing a PayPal account email address may be a good idea too

I did offer that, it's

gmc99 at bigpond.com

I just type it like that to avoid auto scammer software picking up my emil address...

Offline Stewart Allen

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 10:37:27 pm »
Posted my slab via paypal, thanks Graeme.
CHEERS STEWART

Doing it to old things is fun
# 74 Heaven
IT490 Will be going one day soon
CR125M
SL175 bitza
IT250D needs work
CR250RE Not going as yet
YZ125F

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 10:38:45 pm »
Happy to contribute towards the upgrade Graeme.
Maybe all the guy's that sell bikes, parts and gear through the forum should think about donating to the forum up keep as is done on "Marks Swapmeet". Just a thought.

Stan.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 11:04:01 pm »
Also Graeme i reckon providing a PayPal account email address may be a good idea too

I did offer that, it's

gmc99 at bigpond.com

I just type it like that to avoid auto scammer software picking up my emil address...

Oh man ::) guess i better get some sleep!   ::) :D
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 11:09:01 pm »
Slab sent  ;)

ANYONE USING PAYPAL MAKE SURE YOU SELECT "FRIENDS OR FAMILY" SO THE BASTARDS DONT SAP FEES FROM OUR KIND DONATIONS, BASTARDS!! :D

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 06:28:23 am »
You know, I had a big battle with Paypal  year ago over the Donate button I had on my site. They made me take it down cos I am not a business. I think that's bullshit, there's plenty of websites that aren't businesses using it.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 10:09:35 am »
Geeez I think that may have been me that linked that into a post?????? I thinks???, sorry for the prblems if it was ???//maybe I thinks too much, it would be a good name for an Indjian I reckon "Thinks too much", I was never really sure of my young name when growing up. But I think it may have been "Oi you", then again it may have been "Get Out of That,"

Slab sent  ;)

ANYONE USING PAYPAL MAKE SURE YOU SELECT "FRIENDS OR FAMILY" SO THE BASTARDS DON'T SAP FEES FROM OUR KIND DONATIONS, BASTARDS!! :D

Bartardo s allright, you probably shouldn't get me started Rookie#1, They state in their little self praise amble, that they charge only 2.5% for exchanging my currency when shopping overseas, but in actual fact charge all but 4% over the last six months.

Then when I bought a bike at Xmas they intervened, blocked my Instant paymentpayment and would ONLY process it as an E-Cheque, Limbo-ing the payment for two weeks over the Xmas, new-year holiday break. Which gave the seller at the time, a case of what seemed like endless mistrust and irritation ::)

Whoops, where was I,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Oh yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Happy to contribute towards the upgrade Graeme.
Maybe all the guy's that sell bikes, parts and gear through the forum should think about donating to the forum up keep as is done on "Marks Swapmeet". Just a thought.

Stan.

Good one ;)

I will do something tonight Graeme, wont be much, but rivers are started with lots of little droplets, good luck.  
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:42:45 am by Mick De »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 10:17:02 am »
Paypal contribution sent. Maybe some of the members can donate part of their Post Classic Nats entry refund to the cause.  :-\
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 10:22:06 am »
It would be interesting to know what response you get for the cause.  I guess I don't expect to know 'who' or 'how much' but maybe how many do donate?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 11:51:46 am »
Graeme just a Cpl of $ hope it helps .
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 12:20:03 pm »
some from me as well  ,hope it helps too

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 12:45:44 pm »
Same here, donation made through Paypal, took your advice Rookie and sent it as personal but the greedy bastards still charged a fee - 3%.

Might be a good opportunity for us to all oversubscribe here, so that Graeme has a few spare quid for the Future  ;).