Author Topic: Non serious ...Rules and regs that should be....  (Read 15308 times)

Offline Big Bird

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Rules and regs that should be....
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 06:40:20 pm »
Aah Ted, you beat me to it.  Gotta learn to type faster.  And think faster.  D'oh!

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 06:55:48 pm »
Yep that's when the real fun started.

Believe it or not I have a young mate , early 30's  who gets his mates together and goes into Sydney at night and taunts the cops to chase them.....on latest model Beta trials bikes. He reckons cop cars are useless on stairs. Not one of them have ever been caught.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 06:57:59 pm »
only 1 rule
= There are no rules
Na that wont work hell we would have fun
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 08:03:38 pm »

The rules for Vinduo are pre 85 and thats the way they should stay
      there are enought Ilegal bikes in Vinduo now ===  MX bikes
       So if you want to run pre 90 go and start up you own Series as a
       matter of fact go to pre 95 that way you can all have W/Cooling
        Disq brakes Long travel Suspension ....
       At the moment Vinduro's are set out just right for pre 85 bikes .
       Letting pre 90 bikes in would Fu$#@$ k up the balance in Riders/bike
        needs as far as type of course to run on
        It would be like the troubles VMX / and pre 90 are having  today...

The Stig..

All Vinduro's should be Pre90......Cookardinia 2014 :)

( That may cost you a lot of entryies )
[/quote]

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 08:19:09 pm »
Mandatory flag marshals to be the Monster Energy girls

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 08:26:22 pm »

So your going to run it as a Pre 90 event, since your going against the Vinduro Pre 85 scene then why not also make your own name for a Pre 90 class, because the way I see it Vinduro will only ever mean Pre 85 and I would never enter a event that goes against that.

Cheers Mick.

Did you invent the rules for the Vinduro's, I don't think so. The Pre 85 format I'm assuming is a follow on idea from VMX. There is no hard and fast rule regarding the Vinduro format. Once again you have put myself and I'm guessing others off with your comments, but I guess that's the EBT way. There was a pre 93 type event run at Coffs Harbour a couple of years ago with a massive turnout. Obviously there are people unlike yourself who can think outside the square and see that's it's a good idea.
   While you're on the subject of offending people, give the CD event organisors a shout and tell them that they did a bad job with CD9, the rules clearly say "up to and no later than 84" yet there were 93 model WR'500's, late 80's Huskies and CR's all doing laps. Why didn't you stop them Mick??? they're breaking the rules.
   I've said this a million times if a guy wants to ride a 1/85 plated bike at an event I would rather have him enjoy himself than turn him away because someone says it's wrong. Vinduro is all about good old, relaxed unrestricted fun, perhaps you've forgotten this Mick, besides Cookardinia is not your event and never will be.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 12:33:07 am by Maicoman »
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 08:31:12 pm »

The rules for Vinduo are pre 85 and thats the way they should stay
      there are enought Ilegal bikes in Vinduo now ===  MX bikes
       So if you want to run pre 90 go and start up you own Series as a
       matter of fact go to pre 95 that way you can all have W/Cooling
        Disq brakes Long travel Suspension ....
       At the moment Vinduro's are set out just right for pre 85 bikes .
       Letting pre 90 bikes in would Fu$#@$ k up the balance in Riders/bike
        needs as far as type of course to run on
        It would be like the troubles VMX / and pre 90 are having  today...

The Stig..

( That may cost you a lot of entryies )

[/quote]

Stig, were you at Cookardinia 2012? If you were you would have seen YZ250K=Watercooled, XR250RE=Disc brakes.
  Pre 90 has worked from what I'm seeing of the VMX scene and I can't see the reason why it wouldn't work for Vinduro's.
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 08:37:17 pm »
Some of the current rules I think are silly and are designed to try and change history and create some sort of level playing field, but probably don't make bugger all difference to the end results anyway. So maybe a real way to make things more fair is the way they do it with horse racing, by making the faster horses carry extra weight. So blokes that go too fast , like that Brad Van Barrelo, should have to wear a backpack with a 40kg bag of cement in it  :D. That would make it much easier for slow, fat bastards like me to compete with fast, skinny blokes  ;D.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:56:22 pm by Husky500evo »

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 09:45:43 pm »
I have to say, there are a couple that I know of , that want be back because of that . You win some you lose some.. . But I guess there are more modern paying customers knocking on their doors, then what  they loose in  old ones .   

What BS!  They put on the advertising.  What do you want them to do search every ute that comes though the gate ::)     
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 10:01:01 pm »
Rule:
play the game "bench racer" pg 76 in VMX #53 and hopefully don't get 'kicked of the forum' while missing a turn  ;D  ;D
Love ya work Roger H
Best is in the West !!

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 06:18:11 am »
Some of the current rules I think are silly and are designed to try and change history and create some sort of level playing field, but probably don't make bugger all difference to the end results anyway. So maybe a real way to make things more fair is the way they do it with horse racing, by making the faster horses carry extra weight. So blokes that go too fast , like that Brad Van Barrelo, should have to wear a backpack with a 40kg bag of cement in it  :D. That would make it much easier for slow, fat bastards like me to compete with fast, skinny blokes  ;D.
Not a backpack but 1 of those fake pregnancy things the yank hubbies wear, much more realistic shape than a hump on the back

TM BILL

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 06:37:54 am »
Not a backpack but 1 of those fake pregnancy things the yank hubbies wear, much more realistic shape than a hump on the back

Have you been shopping at those special shops again Tony  ;) ;D

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 07:56:16 am »
I have to say, there are a couple that I know of , that want be back because of that . You win some you lose some.. . But I guess there are more modern paying customers knocking on their doors, then what  they loose in  old ones .  

What BS!  They put on the advertising.  What do you want them to do search every ute that comes though the gate ::)     

No NSR but they could police it better at the Shute before they go onto the track's
      Credit to M/R mcc they said at briefing pre 85 no raceing. keep it within the Spirit
      of things.   
      ( But that's like telling a Terrorist not to harm any one ) Entry to the Track is the only
       place to stop them making a Joke of the Rules..because there is no machine examination.
       prior to going on to the track..

The Stig

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 08:15:15 am »

No need, already have the shape naturally  ;D

TM BILL

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 08:28:37 am »

No need, already have the shape naturally  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

You all go for the weekend mate  :)