Author Topic: Does VMX in Australia need a refresh?  (Read 38311 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: What can be done to help VMX in Australia?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 04:41:42 pm »
Is there really a problem Australia wide? National titles, Classic Dirt, State titles and club days in Qld have always attracted large numbers.. I might be biased but that's the facts.

Yeh it seems like you have good turn-outs in Qld.  I think events like Classic Dirt have a wider appeal and will always attract more riders, just like the Broadford Bonanza.
For sure mate, Victoria used to be a very healthy VMX state..
Used to be! What is it now?
Going by this and other threads I thought vmx in Vic was suffering, is that not the case?

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: Does VMX in Australia need a refresh?
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 04:46:45 pm »
There was a decent turn-out at the last round of the VCM champs last year, and I think Viper is firing on all cyl's.  Maybe each class could do with a bit of a boost?

I think Viper in Vic will only get stronger now that Pete Gruber is steering things, he's added a non-comp class which I think will bring the boys to the yard (so to speak lol)

Seems racing is ok at State level, wonder why no one wants to travel to the nat's?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2013, 04:49:06 pm »
Maybe combining the National Champs with a CD or Bonanza?  Plenty of racers and a huge crowd of spectators?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2013, 05:18:18 pm »
Now that sounds like a great idea John but how many days would you need .Maybe over easter 4 days ?.
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2013, 05:33:56 pm »
The only thing that comes to mind is has been ,no sorry never been .

You must be looking in the mirror with that reply.

Reading your replies has me thinking you must have all the answers, pretty negative if you ask me.
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2013, 05:38:40 pm »
Well I dont remember asking you Grubber.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2013, 05:39:01 pm »
We have established Victoria,WA and
vmx friendly tracks with QVMX, BMCC and the Conondale
are healthy states in the mostly dominated pre78 era's..

So John Orchard another question you could ask "is pre90 strong enough all OVER Australia yet" ??
Reasons being its two very different aged family orientated riders/owner,as this has been established before on the forum.
food for thought  :)
ps: STOP squabbling you kids  >:(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:43:22 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

albrid-3

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2013, 06:29:59 pm »
Vintage Motocross has dropped in numbers over the years, The victoria title 7 rounds series should have never been spilt, and should go back as its original Status. and riders that I have spoken too about this all agree, older & young riders don't bother anymore, they would like to come back if it was a Victorian championship series like it was 15- 20 years ago when the numbers at each meeting where over 100 competitors. Track distances are too far away, there are no juniors and Junior classes to keep this vintage movement going.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:38:50 pm by Dave #6 »

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2013, 06:44:43 pm »
Maybe I'm speaking out of school, but is it possible that a Nats event isn't getting the support needed because state vmx ARE going so well? :-\ in vic Viper has Peter and BigK, the right people now at the helm to make it brilliant, against some peoples thoughts Frank seems to have the members support at VCM, John
Orchard welcomes mod and vintage at all of his Mitchell club practice days, and the CSC still gets reasonable numbers considering its primarily made up of over 45's.

VMX in Victoria at the moment seems to heading in great directions on every front. Maybe....just maybe people feel they're on a pretty good thing at home and don't feel the need to complete at a national level to get their big fix.... :-\ Althogh they're just my humble thoughts.

I do though ask of anyone that wishes to sling shit in the direction of any of the names I've mentioned.......what have you done to improve and/or benefit your sport lately????? Cause these blokes have done PLENTY!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:52:18 pm by Rookie#1 »
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2013, 06:50:49 pm »
Maybe combining the National Champs with a CD or Bonanza?  Plenty of racers and a huge crowd of spectators?

John The Bonanza is only 2 days.the format is Pre  75  15 minutes
                                                                   Pre   80  15 minutes
                                                                   Pre   85   15  minutes
                                                                   Side cars  15  minute    
     Then it all starts again  so they get 3 runs AM  3 runs  PM both days.
     So i don't think  150 plus riders would be too happy if you tried to Join
      in that weekend when as for some of them it's there Ones a year Ride..

But your idea of running it at Broadford make sense good track good
      Camping...Queens Birthday perhaps...Nearly in the midle of all states
      to get two..

The  Stig

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2013, 06:56:53 pm »
I cannot see that being the reason as go back a few years ago and Viper and Vmx was huge , you could not compere numbers to what is out their now .I still think it has something to do with the split .Most have a classic and post classic bike and choose witch event to do. To expensive to do both .

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 07:07:19 pm »
Yeah and fools like you did nothing to help
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 07:21:30 pm »
Back to gobing off Andy ,Well like i once said we will catch up ,you shouldn"t be to hard to find just need to lock for the little four eyed F$&@ .

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What can be done to help VMX in Australia?
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 07:21:51 pm »
You need to get off the pian killers , have never read so much B#&% S#!@ in all my life.
John requested that "if anyone wants to bitch, start your own thread" so why have you gone out of your way to stir up shit? The point being was made to solicit thought's on where things are at in the sport at a National level and all we get is you attacking people with a mass of diatribe.
As a once great moto-crosser said "dude, you've got some serious issues you need to sort out with yourself"

Back to gobing off Andy ,Well like i once said we will catch up ,you shouldn"t be to hard to find just need to lock for the little four eyed F$&@ .
The last time a thread like this escalated, someone's mum had to come to the rescue of the recalcitrant child, albeit a little to late for the family's standing in the motocross fraternity.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:34:33 pm by BAHNZY »
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 07:31:38 pm »
Was i the one who started gobbing off was i. Grant as per usual you jump in cause shit and then make threats to people.Instead of slinging  shit offer some constructive thoughts and stop threatening ppl.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:33:20 pm by marshallmech »
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A