Author Topic: Does VMX in Australia need a refresh?  (Read 38339 times)

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Does VMX in Australia need a refresh?
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2013, 07:34:35 pm »
O thats no threat
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2013, 07:38:56 pm »
What upsets me is when you have a person on the MV board suggesting to pull away from MA . That is going to help isint  it .

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 07:41:46 pm »
Why not just say that in the first place instead of giving John grief. You get your point across then without getting ppl backs up
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2013, 07:43:00 pm »
Started out well... as I might have mentioned on another thread.. degenerates to picking on the person ..rather than the subject...all too easy on many forums.. I think I can hear the dumbgeon door opening... :o

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2013, 07:46:21 pm »
I would only get in the way these days Brent ,  bit like you .

That must be a poor attempt at a stir. Im older than you yet I have been competing against your son. ::)
I dont pretend to be A 53 year old MrMX but I have trophied at every event except for 2 with bike breakdowns for the last 2 years. Whats your record?

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2013, 07:53:13 pm »
John judging by your Post it is clear you have plenty race experience , it has lots of merit . like you, I have held a full national and international licence for many years . Like a few other people with the love for old bikes , we get together and ride now on private properties . No hassles , no trophies, no politics  , just camping , riding and fun for all .

That's exactly what Classic Dirt is..

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2013, 07:55:02 pm »
I think thats the way its going

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2013, 07:55:29 pm »
John judging by your Post it is clear you have plenty race experience , it has lots of merit . like you, I have held a full national and international licence for many years . Like a few other people with the love for old bikes , we get together and ride now on private properties . No hassles , no trophies, no politics  , just camping , riding and fun for all .

That's exactly what Classic Dirt is..

and maybe thats the answer..

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2013, 07:57:13 pm »
Maybe its getting to serious

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What can be done to help VMX in Australia?
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2013, 07:58:40 pm »
You need to get off the pian killers , have never read so much B#&% S#!@ in all my life.

I told you start your own thread

in other words forkoff you are getting in the way

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2013, 08:06:29 pm »
John when  you talk about healthy. Do mean that in terms of number  followers , restorers , collectors  or does that only include licensed Racers ?

Sorry for the delay in answering; had to take the Missus shopping  :-)  I mean numbers in the way of competitors.

When I suggested moving away from MA, I wasn't condoning it, it was probably more for MA's benefit to smarten their act up and help & support national Championships rather than making it harder for them.  But roadracing has had to have a break-away controlling body in the AASA, if MA doesn't watch themselves I can see AASA taking a slice from motocross, especially with a motocross track at Winton ( a track that supports the AASA).
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2013, 08:10:04 pm »
Well no more from me but someone from MA is going to be explaining to me what a MV board member is doing suggesting that VMX pulls out of MA.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2013, 08:14:55 pm »
There's still plenty of people that like to race but like i said in another thread with QVMX, Brisbane MCC and Conondale club days we can get our fix with so many local races on good tracks within a couple of hours from home. A lot of guys are content with that instead of travelling interstate for the Nationals..

TM BILL

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2013, 08:16:29 pm »
I wouldn't read into anything too much about where VMX is ATM . The lack of entries for the PC nats is obviously dissapointing for all  concerned .

I think it all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ money is tight ATM for most people so recreation and sport are usually the first to slow down.

I used to be able to get across 2 or 3 times a year to race inc the nats and CD but over the last couple of years things have become tight. Our regular visitors from Aus to our events are also feeling the pinch, as Johnny O said VMX is still strong in QLD and Tossa said its all good in WA . Not so much has been said about the other states but you guys would know if there has been a general decline in numbers at local events but i suspect not.

People will have to cut back travelling to the bigger events , its no reflection on the events but just a case of only so may $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to go round.

We have been experiencing a downturn in numbers for the last couple of years (we have been in recession a bit longer than you ) and when you talk to people they are still passionate about VMX but its those $$$ again.

Everything goes in cycles and the economies must come right again sooner or later and when they do i think we will see an upsurge in VMX again .

What you have in Australia is IMHO a bloody good template for all VMX events .

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2013, 08:17:28 pm »
Ok , now we are talking again . That brings me to the next question . To be classed as a VMX brother , do you have to race ?
Or are you still classed  a VMX  enthusiast if you just like to put around for the sake of memories ?  

Surely there isn't a defined line that separates the racers from the put-around chaps, I probably fit in about half way, I try to ride as fast as I can but it is also important to me to match the period for memories sake.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.