Author Topic: Anyone imported a bike via Robzridez?  (Read 7438 times)

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
Anyone imported a bike via Robzridez?
« on: March 27, 2013, 07:26:40 pm »
Looking to import a bike from USA. Has anyone used Rob. Based in Tweed heads which is good for us In Brisvegas. Anyone with any info?

Offline Paul552

• Legend
  • HEAVEN #552
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone imported a bike via Robzridez?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 08:00:03 pm »
i am also interested in this guy?? has anyone purchased a bike off him??
'77 YZ125D '84 CR250RE '89 CR250RK '84 CR80RE  '09 YZ250F

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 08:13:36 pm »
What price is he charging?  Darren Cheney can ship to Brisbane port and for about $1000 for a bike

Offline Robo 47

• C-Grade
  • Green bikes rule
    • View Profile
    • QVMX
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 08:26:37 pm »
Bought a bike off this guy.

He was a good guy to deal with.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 08:37:59 pm »
i picked up WR 400 that he advertised as a 240 so i like the guy...
He is easy going and we did a quick barter over the phone.

bike was a little less in shape than suggested but its my fault as i sent an "aircooled husky man" to look at a watercooled one...

Simo63

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 09:39:27 pm »
What price is he charging?  Darren Cheney can ship to Brisbane port and for about $1000 for a bike

DDR and Shoreline do it for $800 if that helps

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 09:57:34 pm »

Robo47, you wouldn't happen to "Robzrides" would ya??
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 10:02:59 pm »

Robin from Shoreline said he is not bringing bikes in anymore... Did DDR bring a bike in for you at $800? They quoted me more than that.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 10:09:03 pm »

Robo47, you wouldn't happen to "Robzrides" would ya??
2 different people..

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 10:12:50 pm »
Cool, i keep an eye on his eBay listings and website regularly. Reckon he brings in some pretty good stuff at fairly reasonable pricing. Also seems to slowly drop prices over time to gain interest instead of letting things stagnate for months, good business i think. FWIW I reckon anything between $800-$1000 to bring in a bike to the east coast as an all inclusive price is pretty reasonable.
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

Simo63

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 10:17:18 pm »

Robin from Shoreline said he is not bringing bikes in anymore... Did DDR bring a bike in for you at $800? They quoted me more than that.

No but I spoke to Wade only last week about one and he quoted me $800 to bring it in.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 10:21:12 pm »

No but I spoke to Wade only last week about one and he quoted me $800 to bring it in.
Their prices are coming down on bikes and shipping. A couple of mates have bought bikes from them lately at prices much less than what they were advertised at, times are tough..

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 10:23:51 pm »
Cool, i keep an eye on his eBay listings and website regularly. Reckon he brings in some pretty good stuff at fairly reasonable pricing. Also seems to slowly drop prices over time to gain interest instead of letting things stagnate for months, good business i think. FWIW I reckon anything between $800-$1000 to bring in a bike to the east coast as an all inclusive price is pretty reasonable.
I spoke to one of his mates on saturday who said he sells a bike a week, that's pretty good going in these times.

Simo63

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 10:25:31 pm »

Their prices are coming down on bikes and shipping. A couple of mates have bought bikes from them lately at prices much less than what they were advertised at, times are tough..

I agree JO, times are tough for all of us in business and they are no exception.  When speaking to Wade, I discovered they are very very negotiable on a lot of their (initially overpriced??) stock.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 10:33:42 pm »
I think a lot is due to poor advertising and people having not a lot of sales background knowledge despite being good at their chosen field, I hadn't sold a bike in two weeks until last Saturday and then moved 5 in one day! It really does go in peaks n troughs. I put a high emphasis in having good pics and provinding as much info as possible, also make myself accessible to the buying public almost all hours of the day n night and always treat folk with decency when speaking with them regardless of if they're inquiring about a bike priced at 300 bucks or 20k. If a qualified nothing like me can sell em anyone can.