Author Topic: Anyone imported a bike via Robzridez?  (Read 7434 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone imported a bike via Robzridez?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 10:40:56 pm »
I think a lot is due to poor advertising and people having not a lot of sales background knowledge despite being good at their chosen field, I hadn't sold a bike in two weeks until last Saturday and then moved 5 in one day! It really does go in peaks n troughs. I put a high emphasis in having good pics and provinding as much info as possible, also make myself accessible to the buying public almost all hours of the day n night and always treat folk with decency when speaking with them regardless of if they're inquiring about a bike priced at 300 bucks or 20k. If a qualified nothing like me can sell em anyone can.
Where do you think the best place to advertise/sell bikes is? I've got a few i want to move soon.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 10:54:58 pm »
As much as I hate to say it EBay is still the #1 site to move a bike. If ya put any more than bargain prices on things it won't sell at auction but that's fine, you'll generate plenty of interest and have people contact after the auction or during and quite often get an offer reasonable enough to part with your wares. This also suits as a listing will only cost you around $8 but having it sell at auction or via "buy it now" will cost and additional $45, also transport cost put a lot of people off with normal prices being around $350 to Syd and $400-$450 to Bris. That's where you keep your big family here in mind and offer transport for around $150-$300 depending location, you'll always find someone here who it suits great to cover travel costs of their own and works a win-win for both you buyer and the person who should happen to be travelling that particular way in the near future. Food for thought.

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 11:15:03 pm »
Cool thanks :)

STW996

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 11:19:36 am »
John, Also try Gumtree (for selling).

I had those (Ohlins and Fox) shocks for sale on here (OZVMX) that started nothing more than a shit fight between suppliers (so deleted ad) and sold both pair (free advertising) in less than a week on Gumtree. Also A foot note to this I placed my FPV sedan (car) on it last Friday at 4.00 PM and it sold by 5.30 PM!!!!!

3 ads in a week and all sold! It is free and it works.

I am going to try some bikes next.

Shane
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:30:40 pm by STW996 »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 11:31:57 am »
Thanks Shane.

Offline trialsmutha

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 06:01:54 pm »
Darren Cheney is the go for bringing in bikes,
 I used wade from DDR last year, he was great over the phone, once they got the job, what was to be a a month and a half turned out to be nearly 4 mths, there were a few extras scratches as-well

Darren is hassle free, no damage, quick pick up from anywhere in the states , does all the paperwork

I can not recommend this bloke enough, makes it easy , i wouldn't use anyone else, he has brought half a dozen bikes in for me and a vintage car

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2013, 08:13:19 pm »
I put an old VF750 on gumtree and i've had 3 solids calls, 1 inspection and two more nxt week... Much better than ebay and free

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 04:46:53 pm »
I used DDR and was happy, they also bought in spares that I had sent to his warehouse for no extra cost, which saved me a heap in postage. That was over a year ago, at the time was $1100 ,did all the work, bike had no title so extra work for him. So he cleans it ready to ship and all paper work. It would appear that prices have gone down since to ship. He now ships from L.A instead of Seattle ,so properly easier to get them to L.A than Seattle. All depends on  what bike you are after, I would buy one of DDR bikes or Robz if you want something common. I imported a bike that I could not find here and searched for years, spotted it on Evil Bay.
Don't forget that overland transport is expensive in the States and you have to pay GST on the bike you bring in. Also the bike has to be over 25 years old or I think you pay even more tax.
Hope that helps