Author Topic: Post Classic Slider Class.  (Read 10753 times)

Curly3

Post Classic Slider Class.
« on: March 13, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »
Now that we have a split I feel there is a need for a whole new Slider class.
Classic Slider class is basically for early 2 Valve engines so my thinking is for an early upright 4 Valve class that would fit into the Post Classic program.
Yes I know the split was only just last year and there is still a grey area on whether our title meetings are run as stand alone or together.
Thoughts?

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Post Classic Slider Class.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 06:15:24 PM »
More sliders the better .
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Curly3

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:20:55 PM »
Totally agree, how'd Jnr go?

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 06:37:13 PM »
 At last nights Penrith Club's meeting we gained another new member rider from way back who has just got hold of a Godden dirt track slider and is keen to get back amongst the action!
 WAHOO!
 cheers
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 07:24:51 PM »
No name Punchy?

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 07:45:44 AM »
slides i think you have missed the boat on rule changes this year but it will give you 12months to nut it out. as punchy know`s the slider class in the moms is a mess doesn`t reflect what is out there.

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 09:14:13 AM »
Yeah Mick, I should've pointed out that we are discussing rule changes for 2014 at the moment.
Can anyone put a date on when Leading Link Forks came in as a standard component on Slider frames, pre or post 1990?

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 03:28:03 PM »
i reckon its post 1990 as i was still riding post 90 and cannot remember seeing any in early 90's
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 03:54:03 PM »
 Two of the new Penrith members this year are ex Villawood riders, My friend Hal Pickering  (rebuilding a '72 Ossa), and his friend John Testory (not sure of the spelling).

John has just aquired a Godden slider in need of work.

Cheers, PANCHO
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 04:56:55 PM »
probally no reason given  DT tends to run all eras you cant add an evo class ( 4 valve upright - non link) to the current rules and little or no impact to the event timetable, but there would be a lot of short circuit bikes out there to fill that period 76-90 potentially
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 05:43:34 PM »
Have a 77 centre port Godden with a mk1 wessie nearly ready to roll. Just a clutch and ignition system to complete. Unfortunately unable to do HBB or Nats this year but that will allow me some time to get it fully sorted. Next is a big gun Hagon Jap. Ex Bergmier 600cc side ad jap motor in a Hagon frame if I can workout how to stop the valve covers touching the tank!

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »
rosco
use a short laydown tank they are cut off to allow air filter and carby underneath
jim

Offline colmoody

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 09:32:12 PM »
Hey Pancho, any chance the guys name that has just got the Godden is John Testorie. If it is the bloke I am thinking of he used to and probably still does live out Rossmore way.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 09:40:37 PM »
Thanks Jim I'll have to trim the rear tank mount, which I hate because I like to leave things looking original. Have a couple of narrow alloy tanks and going to see if I can push them further up the headstock and then re tack the rear mount to get a bees dicks clearance. Looking forward to building it as I did one for a mate quite a while back, came up a treat, then he just upped and sold it without it firing a shot in anger. Didn't even think to offer it to me first, not much of a mate!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 10:44:14 PM »
Keep it as simple as possible....call it Classic Upright Slider class and make it eligible to all upright engined sliders with no leading link front ends. Simple enough for even the dumbest of the dumb to understand. Keep the 2v class as a pre 75 only class, no centre port frames and leading link front ends, basically as it's always been. If you start trying to work out year specific cutoff eras you'll open a can of worms (not pun intended Trev). There'll always be engines that will be deemed as uncompetitive but that's far better than continuous argument over when the first GM came out or whether an 892 Jawa should be in the same class as an 895. All Goddens, Weslakes, Jawas, GM's and 4V conversions on 2V Jawas all in the same mixing pot.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha