Author Topic: YZ465H Build-up  (Read 13117 times)

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
YZ465H Build-up
« on: May 03, 2008, 12:25:05 pm »
I am building a YZ465H  fitted with all XYZ componentry with some other rare aftermarket and trick bits I have collected over the years.... here is where I am at.., I will keep the pics coming as It progresses.

ted

Re: YZ465H Build-up
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 01:06:06 pm »
Have you ordered your xyz stuff yet?

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 01:17:12 pm »
Will watch with interest E74.  She looks sweet already.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 01:46:53 pm »
Have you ordered your xyz stuff yet?

I have some but I am still to place an order for one Fox Shock, one Ohlins shock, one lower billet tripple clamp, 2 x forged footpegs, pro-form pipes and mufflers,boost botle and manifold,seat foam and cover etc.etc... if you want to combine some shipping just let me know ,I will be happy to ship it with mine,...
Darren

ted

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 03:00:17 pm »
Just be wary with some of their stuff...my experience is pipe needed bending to fit,sidecovers needed spacing and cutting to fit around pipe,footpegs needed drilling and new springs and pins from a later model....   order petrol tank as a full kit or you will just end up with a tank and no boost bottle bracket,tank mounts,tank bolt .petrol cap and fuel tap

i will pm my mobile...give me a call and i will fill you in on the good and bad contacts

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 05:10:20 pm »
I ordered all my plastics through them ... very high quality, I asked Scott to throw in some tank mounts which he did and the decals have been good too. I got an exhaust from retro rocket and it was way off, needed plenty cutting and fiddling, but I agree the xyz plastics are pretty close to the pipe but the package is really good quality. If I did another bike I would not hesitate to buy them again.
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 08:02:10 pm »
Appreciated Guys, my plastics and tank for the bike are all Genuine or NOS, I have learned that there is nothing like the genuine article when it comes to plastics, I do beleive however that their other stuff is very good.

ted

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 05:57:27 pm »
Tony i disagree....I think their plastics are ordinary
The seam joint on the tank is poor and if you want to bolt thru the centre of the sidecover ( flat ) surfaces provided you have to either drill 8mm holes ( to fit a 6mm bolt ) or elongate them.
Look at the quality of their plastic castings ( dimples ) and compare it with a modern bike
Sure they are old bikes but these plastics are being re-produced today not back in the dark ages
I would definitely look elsewhere

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 06:05:48 pm »
You've buggered us up there Ted ::).  We poo poo'd everything else and ended up on XYZ.  We thought we had looked elsewhere.  XYZ seem to be the best of a bad bunch.
Hurry up multimount  ;D ;D

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)

ted

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 06:53:15 pm »
Sorry yz250h i didn`t mean to rain an anybodys parade but you have to tell it like you experience it
Maybe they are the best available...if so it is a pretty poor standard
But they are only race bikes so who gives a toss out on the track

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 07:07:07 pm »
They still have to look good doing it mate  ;D ;D ;D
Us Yamaha blokes have been around the mulberry bush about 3 times and came up with XYZ.  So I guess it is a pretty poor standard if XYZ are the best  :o.  Other marques seem to do Ok, but nobody caters for Yamaha (yet) ::).
I have heard a rumour that the concourse parts bloke is going to make some in Australia.  Details are sketchy though.  I've said it before, but you wouldn't think it would be that hard to make a good copy of something in this day and age.
It would be really good if he could give us an idea how far away some of his products are.  I would probably hold off on buying crap if I knew the good stuff was on the way.  Nobody does the right hand side cover very well.
The wait continues  :-\

Edit - sorry E74 - hijacking your thread.  We probably should take it over to your thread Ted

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 07:26:17 pm »
YZ repro plastics even for riders should be exactly the same as originals, all the other bike manufacturers seem to get good reproduction plastics so why cant we. It doesnt matter if its for a rider or a queen the plastics should be what these 'reproduction plastic producers' say they are... reproductions,  not the crap we get served up. If they advertised there plastics as "injected molded orange peel ill fitting universal covers" then yes I would understand, but then how many would they sell.

But on a much brighter note, it now looks like one of your own countrymen is taking the bull by the horns and making top quality plastics. Not only is he dedicated, he believes in the product he producers and feels that whether the bike is for racing or a queen the plastics should be exact copies and readily available so if they get scratched, damaged or you just want 2 sets you dont have to take out a second morgtage on the house. Thank you Scott, looking forward to a new set of G/H plastics from you.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 07:37:18 pm »
Me too !
You still bitter about those Maiers DJ ??

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 07:42:56 pm »
Has anyone tried the plastics from vintage iron? The yellow yz plastics of theirs is excellent, not sure who makes it but it's top shelf.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008, 07:54:08 pm »
Don't get me started Tony, in fact I think I will have a sacrificial burning of the maiers, after all they are still virgins, and I wouldnt even give them away for fear of a contract getting placed on my head.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer