Author Topic: unfortunate experience with VMX member  (Read 5847 times)

maxvmx

Re: unfortunate experience with VMX member
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 04:11:29 pm »
You get bad apples everywhere - that said still nice group of people on this forum and I'd rather trust than be dubious.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 05:51:05 pm »
Forge forward ktm, i said somethimg that i should not have which was a bit selfish on this forum a couple of weeks ago and the boys pulled me into line, and i learnt from that.
Good bunch of guys.
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 07:20:32 pm »
Here is a story to highlight how a true gentleman with integrity acted in a similar situation.

Quite a few of you know of all the cooling system issues I have been having with my Steaming 84 CR250. Lately the diagnosing of where the problem was coming from brought me to question the integrity of the mechanical seal in the Clutch cover.

I had bought that clutch cover from a very nice guy on this forum for a fair price some time back. When he read on my post that we were thinking the problems could be coming from the mechanical seal, he sent me a PM saying how terrible he felt that it could be the cover he sold me causing the problems and insisting on sending me half my money back.

Naturally I told him it was not necessary to refund anything to me, he couldn't be responsible for a seal blowing, but he still insisted again to send me money. That is integrity. I won't take any money from him but I will buy him a beer when I catch up with him. Thanks Simo, your efforts give a man faith.

KTM, I am sure the PIQ will read all these posts and hopefully he'll think long and hard about how it was handled.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:39:42 pm by KJ222 »
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 07:56:29 pm »
This is a tricky one. I have had the pleasure to know the seller of this wheel for some years now and have found his integrity to be without fault. I have heard his side of the story and there seems to be a considerable "time frame" which has passed since said purchase. I'm not sticking up for anyone but there is always at least 2 sides to every story and every person accused has the right to a fair hearing. In this particular case I guess the question is how long is the "warranty" period?
K

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 09:01:07 pm »
NONE
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 10:18:58 pm »
Yes some time has passed, wheel paid for early November i think, delivered 24 december by mutual arrangement, with Christmas etc tyre removed 2 weeks into new year, immediately rang and explained, apology accepted along with "please send me your bsb and acc.no. etc, couple days later check messages "dont bother sending" etc, sent message back asking if he "really wanted to NOT refund" etc- no reply, time drags on.....today i saw someone else get burnt and i thought i really dont want to see some of these other helpful guys get caught.  Like i say, i stand by my word, this guy decided not to, its a learning experience and nothing to do with someone warranting a 30+ year old part but EVERYTHING to do with sticking by your word, time frame has zero to do with it.

Anyway enough said on it, if he doesnt think he did the incorrect thing by a forum member so be it.

Cheers,
Kt.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:33:08 pm by Ktm181 »

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 11:55:03 am »
I bought a sight unseen bike from a forum member understanding that it needed some work, I was dissappointed that the seller had neglected to paint the full picture but I have chalked that up to experience. Win some lose some, most of the bits I have traded or bought from members have been just what they were said to be though. I have had to return some parts which were not correct for my purpose, but have always had polite dealings with forum guys. I always ask for photos now though, if someone is reluctant to send a pic then I would certainly be reluctant to pay up front.
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

TM BILL

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 12:55:42 pm »
I bought a sight unseen bike from a forum member understanding that it needed some work, I was dissappointed that the seller had neglected to paint the full picture but I have chalked that up to experience. Win some lose some, most of the bits I have traded or bought from members have been just what they were said to be though. I have had to return some parts which were not correct for my purpose, but have always had polite dealings with forum guys. I always ask for photos now though, if someone is reluctant to send a pic then I would certainly be reluctant to pay up front.

I think your situation is a little different , not knowing all the facts i cant have an opinion but i have found that buying bikes sight unseen or even from shit photos can be a minefield .

The worst thing is that 2 human beings can have entirley different opinions of whats Exellent , very good ,good, fair and fuct  ???

Even describing in emails or over the phone doesn't change things . Unless you know the person and their bikes etc then its a minefield .

Not saying you didn't get burnt Rocket frog but in many cases like yours it would not happen if the buyer went and looked at and test rode the bike  ;)

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 01:24:41 pm »
NONE

Ted i dont think any on the forum expects a warranty when they Buy things
       off members on the Forum Just fairness if its not in the condition that the seller
       thought it was in once its pointed out to Him he should have given a Re-fund
       Some times you cant pick a cracked rim untill you take the Tire off that's no fault
       of either party .

kTm 181 if you could P.M his details ..

The Stig

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 03:32:09 pm »
Too true Bill, This guy described the bike as basically good. I can now say that the sellers mechanical skills and metalcraft exceed my own considerably, if in the sellers opinion, the bike was basically good.

Some of the parts were excellent and other parts were junk in my opinion, I guess what I consider to be salvageable and what another fellow would deem salvageable depends entirely on ones ability and and the value in pursuing the repair.

Caveat Emptor is the lesson here, me thinks.
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 05:24:35 pm »
NONE

Ted i dont think any on the forum expects a warranty when they Buy things
       off members on the Forum Just fairness if its not in the condition that the seller
       thought it was in once its pointed out to Him he should have given a Re-fund
       Some times you cant pick a cracked rim untill you take the Tire off that's no fault
       of either party .

kTm 181 if you could P.M his details ..

The Stig

[/quote

I'm not taking sides...I simply answered a question
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 08:29:46 pm »
Hi guys,

i think we all agree on this, lets look after our small world as much as we can, its generally a nicer place than the "real world" and we should cherish it. Thanks heaps for all your input, its a touchy subject at any time.

Now since i started this thread and it was inadvertantly pointed out to me this morning that i can lock it, if its ok with you lot i might .It doesnt need to be front of mind on here too much and i certainly DO NOT want rub the guys nose in it any further.

Happy trails,
Kt