Author Topic: Maico squarie  (Read 5057 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Maico squarie
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 12:31:18 pm »
I somehow don't think he'll find Mick Hockley has much stuff at all any more Mick. Fast Eddie bought everything in a job lot a year or so ago and he won't even sell me back a genuine square barrel alloy tank that I own and had given to Mick to copy that got caught up in the deal!

Now we've settled that it is two different bikes, if you look very closely on hig definition you'll see that much of the parts on the 350 in the photo I took at Rockley motocross a few years ago have mysteriously materialised on the 350 for sale in Brizzy. Barring the motor and wide frame/narrow frame differences, everything else seems to be the same.

I'm confused  :-\ :-\ so I'll take little Reggie and a 6 pack over to Jonesys for a bench race and a dig through his projects. ;)
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 01:10:09 pm »
I somehow don't think he'll find Mick Hockley has much stuff at all any more Mick. Fast Eddie bought everything in a job lot a year or so ago and he won't even sell me back a genuine square barrel alloy tank that I own and had given to Mick to copy that got caught up in the deal!

Now we've settled that it is two different bikes, if you look very closely on hig definition you'll see that much of the parts on the 350 in the photo I took at Rockley motocross a few years ago have mysteriously materialised on the 350 for sale in Brizzy. Barring the motor and wide frame/narrow frame differences, everything else seems to be the same.

I'm confused  :-\ :-\ so I'll take little Reggie and a 6 pack over to Jonesys for a bench race and a dig through his projects. ;)

Thanks Firko, interesting Knowledge. Sounds like a great plan. Reggie, a six pack and some bench racing at "Casa Del Jonesey's".
I hope it feels like a Friday for you and the rest of the week, like a weekend :D Cheers.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 02:40:56 pm »
Here's some 'reject' shots from the Mick Hockley 350 Maico shoot I did in the early 90's. You can see why they never went to press ::).

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 11:01:08 pm »
Bump
Best is in the West !!