Author Topic: When is classic dirt  (Read 15768 times)

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: When is classic dirt
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 06:42:53 pm »
STW996

Don't take offence. He's Welsh. ;D
Constructive critism can only be helpful to hold a better event next time. I guess GB and co have a lot to consider when laying out tracks, different skill levels, different machines, the terrain and remediation of the land after the event, as well as those project management issues: DA conditions, on time, quality and budget
It's good to get other ideas, learn of new tools for the job. The photos of the blue markers look interesting. Are they practical when you need 2000+ who knows? Worth a look at though.

There may even better ideas out there?

oldfart

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2013, 06:48:05 pm »
  quote ... "At the riders briefing you all sign a bit of paper saying that you understand that motorcycling is dangerous and if you are unhappy with anything  go and see the clerk of the course and if you are still unhappy don't ride. Simple no one is making you do it. You are riding  a dirt bike on uneven terrain you are going to fall off and you are going to get hurt if you don't except that then you need to find another sport ".
By signing this piece of paper the PROMOTOR  still has a duty of care.... and this is the point being made.

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2013, 06:52:58 pm »
Risk Management is a whole other ball game....

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2013, 06:57:32 pm »
Yes the promoter does have a duty of care the tracks where inspected by an MA official and passed fit for use  so the next line of responsibility is yourself if you are not happy you and only you can make that call.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2013, 07:00:40 pm »
Well John, STW and Xl 83, thanks for your comments, thing is I did have a great time at CD9 and and the small issue of moving camp etc was far out weighed by the whole great experience of the weekend 10 times over.

Thanks to the property owner, the organisers (paid or not) and all the volunteers!

And Firko thanks for the kind word also.

Brett         Number 85
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2013, 07:00:52 pm »
I've attended hundreds of riders briefings and often wondered if somebody refused to ride on what they deem as an unsafe track , Do they get a full refund on prepaid ride fees? If so do they get the money on the spot or do they wait for a refund further down the track.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2013, 07:30:29 pm »
I went to last years connondale classic and had the best time of my life up there.
If i had a choice of going to either a classic dirt or a connondale classic, sorry but
connondale wins me over buy a mile.
i have been to a few CDs before but you just cant beat the excitement and adrenline rush of
racing against the best riders on one of the best vmx tracks around australia in Queensland.
See you all there again this year. :)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2013, 08:34:15 pm »
There may even better ideas out there?
Using the above like Davey Crocket,though made with a four way split poly plumbing pipe.Father in law makes them for a nice price.Keep your eyes peeled at this years Manji 15000  ;D
Have to purchase a small orger to get them in the harder ground or a good crowbar  :P

Other natural terrain events in WA use old car tryes,though have to be placed out and collected after each event.  :P Tyre business happy for us to take them away.  :P  :)

For whats it worth West Aust hasnt used wooden stakes for about three years,only on entering and exiting Enduro check points.

ps The track guidelines dont specify requirments for a non comp event.
cheers A

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:01:08 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2013, 08:47:31 pm »
I did also see these hardwood stakes used at one of the CD events I couldnt believe my eyes .
I think a PVC plastic flexi material put in the ground on a slight down ward angle towards the racing direction. so if some falls on the pvc peg it lays flat no hert done.     ( how hard is it  ??? )
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:49:21 pm by mick25 »

oldfart

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2013, 08:50:38 pm »
Take the time to read ....Appendix 5  of the MOMS  ;)

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2013, 09:14:31 pm »
Over the years I have ridden many enduro special tests and moto cross events with tracks designed by GB, Phil Lovett and Cris Cater, what you always find with their tracks is they include many off camber corners.Why ? because they are always a test of skill,everybody hates them! At the end of the day we ride them and learn from them and leave the event being a better rider! :o

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2013, 09:15:19 pm »
Well, on the enduro track they made us jump a LOG there was no down ramp or nothing and it was between trees only about 2m apart :o

Geez, MX used to be an extreme sport ::).  I guess that’s enduros now, always has been really :P.    

The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2013, 09:22:10 pm »
Well, on the enduro track they made us jump a LOG there was no down ramp or nothing and it was between trees only about 2m apart :o

:D  I think they call that EnduroX now....  ;)      One thing hasnt changed ...OLD BIKES  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2013, 09:36:48 pm »

I didn't jump that log once.....

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2013, 07:59:29 am »
Maybe we should form a club , lets say we call it the Classic Dirt Club.

Then we apply to the state government for a grant.

Then we buy some nice blue track markers , a couple of containers ,some generators , shit lets put a bridge across the road to reduce the opportunity of running some one over.

Really  you pricks , grow some balls , its shit like this that make's "men" loose interest in putting on events.

Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs