Author Topic: First Vic Vinduro for 2013 confirmed!  (Read 7942 times)

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
First Vic Vinduro for 2013 confirmed!
« on: January 03, 2013, 10:25:37 pm »
The first vinduro in Victoria for 2013 will take place at Three Bridges on Sunday 3 March. Ryan and the Oakleigh MCC guys will undoubtedly produce a challenging loop. Stay tuned for more detail.

Tex

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: First Vic Vinduro for 2013 confirmed!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 11:32:48 pm »
Noooooo
I have to contend with the wifes birthday that weekend. :'(
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline mustanggrahame

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 06:32:45 am »
Bugger, can't make it either.
Your excuse seems pretty lame Geoff. Take the good wife with you.
Cheers, Grahame
RT1, DT1F, MX100A, TY80A, YZ80D, DT125E, CR125RE, 1982 KTM125RV, 1985 Can Am ASE, 1989 YZ250WR, 1991 YZ250WR

maico police

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 08:24:05 am »
Where abouts is Three Bridges? Is it a tight loop or a little more open?

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 08:59:39 am »
Geoff, this is a great opportunity. As a birthday present she'll never forget why don't you let you wife ride the KDX at Three Bridges? To make it even more special you could even offer to pay her entry fee. What wife wouldn't be delighted with such a thoughtful gift?

Three Bridges is typically pretty tight with a few open bits and some interesting hills.

It's located near Yarra Junction / Warburton.

Tex
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:00:35 am by Tex »

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:27:08 am »
Geoff, I wouldn't normally make this sort of an offer but in the spirit of maintaining your matrimonial harmony I will loan you, or your missus, my KDX175 to use at Three Bridges. See, problem solved - no jealousy as you will have the same(ish) bikes to ride and I'll hear no more wussy excuses from you.

I can just see the two of you on her special day.....riding bar to bar on matching bikes (well, mines tidier than yours) through the sun dappled glades, chortling while dragging bikes over logs, fixing KDX clutches together, trying to borrow spokes to repair your wheels, sharing sips of water from your camelback.....sharing, thats what its all about. Give her special memories that you will both cherish for years to come!

No need for gushy thankyou's, I'm just feeling good to be giving you lovely and deserving pair a nice day out.   SO BE THERE!
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 02:55:25 pm »
Hey guys .a silly quesion is their a capacity rule for seniors we have a mate who is four feet tall and weighs as much as a 13 yer old boy.He has access to a pre 85 yz85 and wants to come have some fun.Does anyone no if this  would be ok.I no overseas they did run classea down to 50 cc.Thanks for any info ....CHEERS GREG

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 03:07:52 pm »
Greg, if its a pre-85 YZ80 (the YZ85 is way too new) with some mock-up lighting and adequate silencing I couldn't see there being an issue for your mate to use it.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 04:28:17 pm »
The age (pre 85) and engine size aren't an issue, however bike are supposed to be 'full size' i.e. no small wheeled bikes. I'll check this query out and get back to you.

Tex
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:30:36 pm by Tex »

Tony T

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 09:09:53 am »
Shit, poo, bum, blast, damn, bugger etc etc.

Clipsal 500 that weekend and I have to go.  :(

So much for my New Year's Resolution to get to more events. First one up and I've failed already..........  ::)

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 09:56:34 am »
At least there are some different brands of taxi's to watch this year.

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 10:58:11 am »
Shit, poo, bum, blast, damn, bugger etc etc.

Hmmmm......Dr.Freud has noted a bit of a theme/fixation being exhibited by Mr Tony. How long have you had this anal retentive issue? Do you exhibit other behaviours leaning toward OCD? Vuurrry interesting. It is good that you release your stresses in this cathartic manner. We must talk.....
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:22:22 am by Canam370 »

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 09:48:46 am »
Geoff, I wouldn't normally make this sort of an offer but in the spirit of maintaining your matrimonial harmony I will loan you, or your missus, my KDX175 to use at Three Bridges. See, problem solved - no jealousy as you will have the same(ish) bikes to ride and I'll hear no more wussy excuses from you.

I can just see the two of you on her special day.....riding bar to bar on matching bikes (well, mines tidier than yours) through the sun dappled glades, chortling while dragging bikes over logs, fixing KDX clutches together, trying to borrow spokes to repair your wheels, sharing sips of water from your camelback.....sharing, thats what its all about. Give her special memories that you will both cherish for years to come!

No need for gushy thankyou's, I'm just feeling good to be giving you lovely and deserving pair a nice day out.   SO BE THERE!

Thank you for the kind offer CanAm (or should I say Freud) but when I told my wife of this fine opportunity she politely declined.
Well, to be honest she wasn’t all that polite about it, matter of fact she was quite lucky the wind didn’t change at that moment otherwise her face might have stayed that way.

It seems all is well though as all it will take is the purchase of a movie ticket for her to allow me out for the day.
This is a win/win  for both of us as I won’t have to sit through a chick flick and she won’t have to put up with me moaning about it.
Now to start work on the bike
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

SPANISH ARMADA

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 10:07:16 am »
Yes tony and ossa parts spread over the countryside to pickup I am sure if u decide not to go and come and pickup I will try hard to find someone to take your clipsal ticket  ??? ::)

Tony T

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 04:39:56 pm »
Double damn!
I've been so busy with work stuff, I forgot about that stuff at your place.

Thinking............  ???