Author Topic: Not VMX- Registering a private import bike in Vic???  (Read 5537 times)

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Not VMX- Registering a private import bike in Vic???
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 09:56:08 am »
                                                                                                                                                                                          Home of the brave land of the free.p

No, no Paco. Not land of the free...its land of the two, not free. Can you no read? >:(
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 11:28:59 am »
If it hasn't got a compliance plate you will have to find someone who has a RAWS for that particular bike and be able to comply it.  Some bikes are easier than others, ie. cheaper.  The fact that it is 17 years old may help.  Otherwise you will have to do some sleight of hand/smoke and mirrors type trick.

Best shot is to call motor reg and talk to them and get it straight.

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 02:49:46 pm »
I stand corrected,Can Am.But where is the other one ?
what ! Who me ? Nah

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 07:14:33 pm »
Rookie log on to the Vicroads site ,type in your question and bingo you will find the answers you seek. Of course you may have to bang around in there a bit but the  full procedure is in there.
1994? good luck   
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 07:20:38 pm »
                                                                                                                                                                                          Home of the brave land of the free.p

No, no Paco. Not land of the free...its land of the two, not free. Can you no read? >:(

I thought we lived in land of the fee
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 07:26:36 pm »
The Aussie owner has taken a long time to not register it, 17 frigging years :o,It,s not as if you would use it for track days & not need reg, although they are a great bike,I have spent a bit of time riding a mates one :), Alarm bells would be ringing for me as to why ???,It would want to be cheap or come with a rego guarantee ;)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 07:38:11 pm »
The Aussie owner has taken a long time to not register it, 17 frigging years :o,It,s not as if you would use it for track days & not need reg, although they are a great bike,I have spent a bit of time riding a mates one :), Alarm bells would be ringing for me as to why ???,It would want to be cheap or come with a rego guarantee ;)

I am 100% confident the seller is on the level, he just never really bothered with the rego as he always had other bikes. This is the last one to go, it's only got the minimal k's on it that it had to have to be a legitimate private import, does 560k's from new and $2500 sound like a good thing Chris??  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:39:54 pm by Rookie#1 »
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 07:56:17 pm »
Yeah Brendan the price is good pending you being able to rego it,I remember riding with my mate,I had one of those Honda VFR400 grey import jobbies & he was on the Tiger,I was always overcooking the entry into the corners coz I didn't see his brake light come on thinking it wasn't too tight,when we swapped bikes I found out why,the Tiger had awesome engine braking & he was just rolling off the throttle :D

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 09:26:25 pm »
Yeah Brendan the price is good pending you being able to rego it,I remember riding with my mate,I had one of those Honda VFR400 grey import jobbies & he was on the Tiger,I was always overcooking the entry into the corners coz I didn't see his brake light come on thinking it wasn't too tight,when we swapped bikes I found out why,the Tiger had awesome engine braking & he was just rolling off the throttle :D

I had the same thing recently.....turns out his brake bulb was blown! My entry speeds were a bit hot a few times - goes to show...don't rely on someone elses apparently great, fast, lines :o
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 02:30:50 pm »
this bike should be fitted with an import plate.i would buying this bike on the proviso that the current owner gets it reg for you.to get it tagged thru raws will most prob cost you around 2500 if you can find someone to do it for you.bike sounds suss to me and i have had a bit of experience with this sort of thing

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 09:01:48 pm »

I had the same thing recently.....turns out his brake bulb was blown! My entry speeds were a bit hot a few times - goes to show...don't rely on someone elses apparently great, fast, lines :o

Just catching up on old threads and read this, there was nothing "apparent" about about those grreat fast lines they were what they were :P

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 12:01:59 am »
Well i've now got the bike, the correct documents and the previous owners help when it comes to rego time which will be simple. All i have to do now is take it over to my man in Plenty (Vic) who will inspect it and get me import approval tag, he's an older bloke who works from home and is gonna do the inspection and obtain the tag for $285! After that it is like any other vehicle rego in vic so will just require RWC then down to vic roads (who i'm chummy with at my local ;) ) and she's done. Should cost just a touch north or south of $1000 to get it on the road so I'm more than happy with that considering the bike only cost me 2.5k  :)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:04:40 am by Rookie#1 »
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236