Author Topic: 2013 Classic Dirt Track Champs - Main Thread  (Read 91667 times)

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Classic Dirt Track Champs - Main Thread
« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2013, 05:17:16 pm »
Come on you OVER 60's with Over 263cc bikes..............we need 2 more riders ( only 8 at the moment ) for an Australian Title......BE THERE OR BE SQUARE........ :) 8)
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 29, 2013, 07:34:28 pm »
C'mon guy's we're not in the Ret village yet, time to amp up the enthusiasm.
Easy for me to say but If I could've I would've.

Offline hagon_84

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 30, 2013, 12:45:56 pm »
Well my Temora trip has come to an abrupt end even before it started  :'( , whilst practicing o the weekend on our own private track me old man and a bit of a get off and smashed his leg leg up pretty bad so not only he spend his birthday in hospital in surgery he wont be riding Temora or for some time now probably be in for a month or more, but on a brighter note good luck to everyone who is riding there and anyone who is riding novembers charity meet up bjmcc ill see you all up there with me race face on ;)
1977 Hagon rm250b, 1977 yz400d, 1972 gauzonni rm125, 1969 greeves griffon 250, 1973 greeves griffon qub 380, hagon eso 500.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 30, 2013, 03:28:21 pm »
 :-X  sorry to read the above news hagon_84..
I cant make it either ~~ 5000km ~~ cant make it ....speedy recovery  8)

check this on fullnoise website
Dirt Track News
Classic Dirt Track Titles set to be a big affair
Posted: Monday, 30th September, 2013 : 1:35 AM - - 338 Reads
The 2013 Australian Classic and Post Classic Pre 1985 Dirt Track Championships will be staged at the Woodlands Speedway in Temora on the weekend of October 5 and 6 and has attracted a huge entry list of riders from four states. 
This is the opportunity for old dirt track motor cycle riders, and for young dirt track motor cycle riders who can get their hands on old dirt track motor cycle machines to fire up those old machines and chase championship glory.

The championships cater for machines that rolled off the production line last century – split into seven categories from Pre-1960 through to the ‘newer’ old machines.

Riders compete in five separate age groups from the Under 30s through to the Over 60s, while there is one special class for Pre-1975 machines of any capacity with the riders over 70 years of age. That “Super Senior Class” had three competitors.

At last count over 100 riders had entered a total of 171 machines and will contest 198 events over the course of Saturday and Sunday.

Not all classes will have championship status as some have not attracted the minimum number of entries required.

Over 20 Australian champions will be crowned, and perhaps a few more if some late entries can be added to some fields. Competition will not be any less intense in the other classes though, even if only bragging rights are at stake instead of championship medallions.

A small contingent of junior riders is also part of the support program, but they too will be competing on old machines which will be strange to them. The entry list has been drawn from a total of 32 motorcycle clubs across four States.

The Queenslanders will come from as far afield as the Whitsunday region, Maryborough and Brisbane, Victorians from the Melbourne area while two South Australian clubs – Levis and the Mud’n’Tars - will also be represented. The biggest entry list not surprisingly is from the host club which caters for many of these classes of racing at their regular club days and inter-club events like the Golden Wheels series. The ACT, City of Penrith and Griffith clubs are all well represented while there is a sprinkling of entries from Cowra, Dubbo, Forbes, Goulburn, Leeton, Panorama, Wagga Wagga and Wyalong. The entry list contains a real cross-section of riders who have competed in a variety of race disciplines over the years.

Many of last year’s winners will be at Temora, headed by dual champions Ashley Wilesmith, a Temora local, Griffith rider Peter Lee and Dion Prowse of North Brisbane.

Don’t be fooled by the combination of old bikes and old bodies, the racing will be very serious for as soon as the starting gate drops it will be the “race face” that takes over. Competition is normally as fierce as is seen in open competition, the only difference being that he bodies will take a bit longer to recover.

Off the track the atmosphere is special as many riders treat the event as a reunion and a chance to relive memories of past glories, although not all riders have been former champions.

The Chief Executive Officer of Motorcycling Australia, Mr David White has praised the Temora Motorcycle Racing Club for its efforts in organising the event.

Mr White was extremely pleased to hear of the three entries in the over 70’s class. “It shows that classic dirt track racing can be fun at any age” he said.

Further information can be obtained by contacting Ian New on 0419 235742.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:36:18 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 01, 2013, 08:51:59 pm »
Thats a real bastard 84, please pass on our collective wishes for a speedy and complete recovery to your dad.
Safe racing and travels to the rest of you old bastards.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 01, 2013, 09:29:53 pm »
On a need to know, why is that Peter Lee's name high lighted  ;D

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 01, 2013, 09:46:04 pm »
just is dave must be something in it

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 01, 2013, 09:53:21 pm »

Well my Temora trip has come to an abrupt end even before it started  :'( , whilst practicing o the weekend on our own private track me old man and a bit of a get off and smashed his leg leg up pretty bad so not only he spend his birthday in hospital in surgery he wont be riding Temora or for some time now probably be in for a month or more, but on a brighter note good luck to everyone who is riding there and anyone who is riding novembers charity meet up bjmcc ill see you all up there with me race face on ;)
That's a bummer. Your dad's been away from  the sport for a long time and I bet he was really looking forward to it. Wish Alan all the best for a speedy recovery and don't feel bad about missing out on Temora, supporting your dad in his time of need  is way more important than any race meeting. I'll see you in November at the Classic Motocross Nats.....bring the old fella on crutches if he's moving OK by then ;D.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline sprint76

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 02, 2013, 09:18:10 am »
Has anyone seen final instructions yet.
Had a look on the Temora web site, with no luck.
Am I looking with my eyes closed again?

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #324 on: October 02, 2013, 10:57:40 am »
you shouda received an e mail from Lyndel with final destructions on or about the 26th?, :P
pm sent
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 02, 2013, 01:54:05 pm »
 Sorry to hear the bad news about your oldie, here's to a speedy recovery.  Other than that good to see the 'Super Seniors' event up and going, would like to be in on that, but looks like I won't be on a 'bike for a while, would've been right for Syd. West on the 15th Sept. but things have gone wrong.
 pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 02, 2013, 03:21:29 pm »
I hope everyone making the trip to Temora has a safe/happy time there and back. Go the Vic. boys!!!
regards  Mark

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 02, 2013, 06:19:49 pm »
On a need to know, why is that Peter Lee's name high lighted  ;D

31 pages says it can be  ;)  :)
http://forum.ozvmx.com/index.php?topic=17576.0

Have a fantastic ride people  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 02, 2013, 06:36:26 pm »
Only 2 more days and still got stuff everywhere  ::)

Nothing like having a couple of months to get organised.

Looks good on the weather front,just got to kerb the enthusiasm on friday night.  :-\

See you all there!
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #329 on: October 02, 2013, 07:45:40 pm »
I've just got three front tyres to fit tomorrow and I'm ready  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
Shaun