Author Topic: ALLBALLS  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
ALLBALLS
« on: December 07, 2012, 08:14:59 pm »

HI Guys, once again need your learned advice,

Allballs swing arm kits? I am needing one shortly for my RM465, $80 landed, ARE THEY ANY GOOD? Who has used one of the ab kits and found them good/bad/indifferent?

thanks in advance,
Kt

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: ALLBALLS
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 08:18:22 pm »
yep, they're great  ;) ;D order them
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 08:52:45 pm »
check out VMX Unlimited - kits for around $60?????  Have heard they are OK - sometimes fit can be a bit hit and miss.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 09:14:11 pm »
They are a bit hit & miss regarding "correctness".
K

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 11:47:53 pm »
Put one through my 07 YZ was a quarter the price of the. Genuine bits.  And all fitted perfectly , just greased and go !  May be lesser quality who knows but for that price you could afford to change them every other year.....
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 08:56:58 am »
Thanks for the replies men,

Freaky, you are right about the price of the originals, full swing arm bears and spacers (which are a form of bearing anyway) and seals is nearly 300 with freight! Bell crank and shock bearings and seals add another $7-800!!!! well over  a grand if buying in Aus, for instance the small bell crank bearing that connects the rear strut to the swing arm $150 EACH here, i managed to do a deal and get them for a 100 in Aus each,

anyways, ALLBALLS for the swing arm it is.

Kt

mainline

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 09:33:56 am »
I'd definately be buying the AllBalls kits over anything else on offer, BUT just keep any eye on the new vs old parts you're swapping out.

I recently did the swingarm, linkages and wheels on a 97 ktm, and found a few minor differences between oem and the allballs kit. Most didn't matter, some where a definate improvement over stock, but the alloy bearing spacer with hardened ends (crush tube) that went in the rear hub was a couple of mm longer than stock which meant the bearings wouldn't seat fully in the hub and could have had the rear wheel 'float' from side to side if I hadn't turned it down to the right length.

Offline D project

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 09:44:56 am »
The allballs kit for the Suzukis are ok,but you need to use a genuine Suzuki inner dust seal cap. The allballs is too big ::)

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 01:48:27 pm »
ktm181, I had a local machine shop machine up a steel sleeve to fit inside the full floater bell crank, and then used off the shelf bearings from my local bearing supplier for about $20 each. I then used a new genuine Suzuki inner spacer/sleeve and it turned out perfect. The machine shop hated me 'coz of the dimensions of the steel sleeve was not that easy to make being pretty thin. If you took one of your old bearings to a bearing supplier, they will be able to find a bearing the right width, right I.D, and if my memory is correct, its 2mm smaller O.D., requiring the 1mm thick sleeve to be made up.Hope this helps.
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 02:13:57 pm »
I'd definately be buying the AllBalls kits over anything else on offer, BUT just keep any eye on the new vs old parts you're swapping out.

I recently did the swingarm, linkages and wheels on a 97 ktm, and found a few minor differences between oem and the allballs kit. Most didn't matter, some where a definate improvement over stock, but the alloy bearing spacer with hardened ends (crush tube) that went in the rear hub was a couple of mm longer than stock which meant the bearings wouldn't seat fully in the hub and could have had the rear wheel 'float' from side to side if I hadn't turned it down to the right length.

Had a similar thing happen during 250 rebuild.  Each swingarm bush was a poofteenth long meaning the motor wouldn't fit no matter what I did >:(.  Half a mm taken off each and all OK.
Everything else I have got from them has been spot on.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 04:56:30 pm »
ktm181, I had a local machine shop machine up a steel sleeve to fit inside the full floater bell crank, and then used off the shelf bearings from my local bearing supplier for about $20 each. I then used a new genuine Suzuki inner spacer/sleeve and it turned out perfect. The machine shop hated me 'coz of the dimensions of the steel sleeve was not that easy to make being pretty thin. If you took one of your old bearings to a bearing supplier, they will be able to find a bearing the right width, right I.D, and if my memory is correct, its 2mm smaller O.D., requiring the 1mm thick sleeve to be made up.Hope this helps.

Thanks Suzuki311, SO you mean you machined a sleeve for the main bell crank bearing OR for the spherical bearings where the struts connect? Or both? I spoke with a bearing shop, he reckons the sphericals in good quality around $40 ea, reckons couldnt supply the main roller bearings, my rollers are ok as is its shaft but the sphericals, as usual chewed out!  Any help muchly appreciated GUYS, THANKS ALL OF YOU.
Kt

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 10:30:42 am »
The allballs kit for the Suzukis are ok,but you need to use a genuine Suzuki inner dust seal cap. The allballs is too big ::)

Hi Jason, PM sent.

Kt