Author Topic: Troy Bayliss Classic 2013 and 2014  (Read 112731 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Troy Bayliss Classic 2013 and 2014
« Reply #300 on: January 19, 2014, 08:54:39 pm »
Man, Masa may not have been the fastest racer but he sure can slide a bike! Great sequence, thanks.

[/URL][/URL[URL=http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/gbankier/media/566_zpsb4136014.jpg.html]][/img]
action sequence of 'masa' thru turn 2 at classic       cheers g.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:04:43 pm by Graeme M »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 19, 2014, 09:28:06 pm »
Great shots g465b you were in a good spot. Good pic of the Legends led briefly by Leisky..

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #302 on: January 19, 2014, 09:49:27 pm »
geezas,the classics were all penrith club,justabout :D,i can see alvin still hasn't perfected his starts  ;D, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 19, 2014, 10:26:16 pm »
geezas,the classics were all penrith club,justabout :D,i can see alvin still hasn't perfected his starts  ;D, :P
I don't think any others were given the chance to ride, certainly no one from Interstate..

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 19, 2014, 10:47:49 pm »
Great racing in my opinion as well, 13 of us went and that's the problem there's not enough viewing space. Some of my mates got told about this is our space so move. There was hardly any space anywhere.

This event will get bigger and Troy as the tie in it can't move anywhere  so I think some temporary grandstands will be required.If you are in a low position on the fence line it's hard to pickup race numbers as you are looking over a mound. I too heard all the shade tents went up at 5am, and obviously the various flat top trucks set up at the western end were the sponsors.

I know it's growing but they need some stands.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 20, 2014, 06:36:59 am »
sammys engine was stock i set it up  only changes were the forks, front brake , rear shock and a pipe  the rest standard out of the crate if he had the power like the other top runners he would have done even better

Offline Lindsay

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2014, 08:25:56 am »
What a great event. We set our shade up at 6am and it was packed with the Troy Herfoss fan club. It would have been unbearable in the sun early on without it. A lot of ring in's also made use of our shade. No one was told to move on.

I like the Americana format, made for intense racing and the two Yanks added so much to the event.

Much kudos to our Herf.  His only ride since last years event was on a postie bike at Temora in October and a few hours practice a few weeks ago.

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 20, 2014, 09:00:20 am »
  Yeah herfoss looked great ! the  troy bayliss just looked very hungry ;) and some of those ringin's have been going to short-circuit at oldbar since the sixties ,and payed their admission like everyone else , their were some spectators actually roping "their" area off -WTF its not real estate ! iam sure it will get bigger and set-up to suit  ,Well done troy/taree club etc ;)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 20, 2014, 09:46:05 am »
It would have been unbearable in the sun early on without it. A lot of ring in's also made use of our shade. No one was told to move on.
It was unbearable Lindsay, I wish we'd have run into you. I had my Quickshade in the car but by the time we got there it wasn't worth unpacking it. Because of commitments at home I couldn't get up there on Friday to set up camp like many must have.  If we had set up on Friday or even at 6am there's no way I'd even consider roping off our area for our own exclusive use. The people next to us had their area roped off and were as comfortable as shit sitting in the back of their ute on comfy chairs under their Q-Shade while Slakey and I burned up in the open 2 person wide area next to them. They were nice people but I feel they were a tad selfish hogging 5m of area for just four people and 2 German Shepard dogs. The bloke on the other vside was just as inconsiderate. While he didn't have a Quickshade he had a series of beach umbrellas mounted on his ute tray. When a mate asked if he could stand in the shade of his brolly for a little relief the bloke rolled his eyes and reluctantly let him in for a minute or so of relief from the heat. I know I sound like a whinger and I don't want to detract from the brilliance of the meeting but the attitude my friends and I copped from the Quickshade hogs protecting their precious piece of turf and the non thinking attitude of my neighbours in turn one put a damper on what was otherwise the best racing I've seen in ages..
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:48:03 am by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 20, 2014, 10:33:08 am »
We got thers at about 5 on fri arvo and there were shades lined up on the ground from one end to the other.
The guys from the club kept their word when they said no one except for the sponsors could set up on friday.
A 6 am arrival saw all the previously lined up shades in a heap and it was first in best dressed.
I supplied the 6x3 shade and was lucky to get under it with all the blow ins but no one got punted but they did get cold beer and a feed with a lot of laughs and great race action.

The classics field would have been all Penrith as it was the club president who was asked by Troy to organise the field but there were a few from cannberra, wagga and merimbula after some drop outs.

I heard a lot of whining about the juniors having so many races as they did not pay to watch kids ride but I am of the opinion that it is the future racers you are wathching and they all gave it their best!

A great event to catch up with ytour mates and have a great time  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:34:46 am by Sorelegs11 »
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 20, 2014, 11:29:14 am »
I would not be the one to tell Troy that Olster cant ride in Dads event or Jamie Stauffer that Max cant,
Tommy Edwards won last year then went to the US and won 2 AMAs on Hunter Goodwins bikes
this year Hunter and his dad and mechanic came here and rode Tommys bikes
These people are friends with Henry and Sammy
this event has had good coverage in the US courtesy of Miriam from Flattrack Live
and combined will do lots for US v OZ Flattracking in the future
I had to get Sammy and Masa some track time so I hired Barleigh Ranch, I invited 6 kids that I assist to a Flattrack School so they could learn from these stars, Paul Caslick and Stephen Gall (who is OK following his crash as is Masa) Coached these kids and another 6 that paid for the chance, it was one of the best things I have done in Motorcycling and we will do that again.
SURE you didn't pay to watch kids but maybe the event would not exist if it wasn't for kids
Maybe it was Ollie that got Dad back into Dirttrack??

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 20, 2014, 11:30:39 am »
Thank you Grant for allowing the use of your great photo sequence for Masatoshi.

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 20, 2014, 11:54:42 am »
I would not be the one to tell Troy that Olster cant ride in Dads event or Jamie Stauffer that Max cant,
Tommy Edwards won last year then went to the US and won 2 AMAs on Hunter Goodwins bikes
this year Hunter and his dad and mechanic came here and rode Tommys bikes
These people are friends with Henry and Sammy
this event has had good coverage in the US courtesy of Miriam from Flattrack Live
and combined will do lots for US v OZ Flattracking in the future
I had to get Sammy and Masa some track time so I hired Barleigh Ranch, I invited 6 kids that I assist to a Flattrack School so they could learn from these stars, Paul Caslick and Stephen Gall (who is OK following his crash as is Masa) Coached these kids and another 6 that paid for the chance, it was one of the best things I have done in Motorcycling and we will do that again.
SURE you didn't pay to watch kids but maybe the event would not exist if it wasn't for kids
Maybe it was Ollie that got Dad back into Dirttrack??

Shit yeah good onya Graeme.

As for the kids, how many are going to back up at their local with the aspiration to be a part of something like that in the future, given the chance I would say all of them. I know I am and I ain't a kid and I didn't even get to go!

The TBC got heaps more US coverage than the Superprestigio I recon. There has even been ramblings of a DGP since, wouldn't that be great!

Cheers,
Steve
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 20, 2014, 08:28:23 pm »
hey son you are correct
troy bayliss   world super bike champion
paul feeney castrol 6 hour winner
i could only tell you the rest over a cold beer

Offline hagon_84

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 20, 2014, 11:21:44 pm »
Did anyone get the 111  sidecar crash my mate Greg parsonage and Brandon barrat we're riding it both boys are doin well but the bike is a mess forks bent frame bent few nights in the shed with the oxy and pipe bender and we!'ll have her back on track  ;) . I had a yarn with Darcy after the event he hurt his knee pretty good apart from that he was pretty lucky after hittin the timber fence at speed hopefully he's all good for nz in April, hopefully next yr a few others could get a start in the Evo class  ::) I would skid it on a slider for sure given the chance

Al.
1977 Hagon rm250b, 1977 yz400d, 1972 gauzonni rm125, 1969 greeves griffon 250, 1973 greeves griffon qub 380, hagon eso 500.