Author Topic: Troy Bayliss Classic 2013 and 2014  (Read 112797 times)

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Troy Bayliss Classic
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2013, 06:59:56 am »
The V-Twin Godden /Chris Watson pic is fantastic.What a machine and what a rider!
Love to hear it full noise.

Offline mitch75

• C-Grade
  • Newcastle NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2013, 08:10:31 am »

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:17:30 am by mitch75 »
Yamaha DT360a DT250b DT100c YZ400D WR250ZG.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2013, 09:09:36 am »
#08 Jeff Grabham

#43 Anthony Dall #3 Paul Casslick

#2 Stephen Gall

#101 Josh Hook #27 Jamie Stauffer

Gally

#27 Jamie Stauffer #A Dave Armstrong #3 Casso #Mc Gary McCoy

#14 Randy De Puniet

#21 Troy Bayliss

#27 Jamie Stauffer
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:15:25 am by 2-NINE-7 »

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2013, 09:15:09 am »
Grabbo's got a bit of class, eh, Shaun !!
Top pix
Foss

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2013, 09:41:37 am »
Any chance of some names to go with he pics? Please,......
The track looks a tad oily ;)

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2013, 10:26:56 am »
Grabbo's got a bit of class, eh, Shaun !!
Top pix
Foss

Too right Foss. First on his slider then on the Duc! Couple of highlights of the day for me  ;D

Here's a pic from when he wore a younger mans clothes. Canteen corner at Canberra 1989. #28 is Tony Hyde #65 Phil Prior?? In the background is my then girlfriend now wife Carolyn freezing her ass off. Standing next to her is the late, great Tommy Pitt. Tom's bike is on the trailer so he must have packed it in for the day.

Cheers
Shaun

Curly3

« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2013, 11:02:48 am »
Yeah Grabbo's a great bloke and it was great to see him out there again.
Nepean will put their hand up to host a round of the big twins, they are working on opening up the Longtrack again and there is an already established 400m Shorttrack.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2013, 11:26:51 am »
Yeah Grabbo's a great bloke and it was great to see him out there again.
Nepean will put their hand up to host a round of the big twins, they are working on opening up the Longtrack again and there is an already established 400m Shorttrack.
Yep, Grabbo certainly is a great bloke. When his now way more famous son Ben was a little tyke riding a tricked up KX60 he told him to call me Mr Firkin and not Firko or Mark. To this day Ben still greets me as Mr Firkin (with a wry smile, of course). Grabbo raised him and Damien to ride all aspects of bike racing and to be gentlemen and they're both very good at both. I just hope Grabbo doesn't ride that Fugly Ducati at too many of these proposed 'twins' events.....it's way too ugly.

Here's a couple on the slow build that'll quickly get onto the A build list once the twins class is ratified.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2013, 12:20:16 pm »

Action Park Raceway suits the big twins, maybe a round there would be possible. We have a couple of members running big twins.
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2013, 12:29:40 pm »
Quote "Yep, Grabbo certainly is a great bloke. When his now way more famous son Ben was a little tyke riding a tricked up KX60 he told him to call me Mr Firkin and not Firko or Mark. To this day Ben still greets me as Mr Firkin (with a wry smile, of course). Grabbo raised him and Damien to ride all aspects of bike racing and to be gentlemen and they're both very good at both."

EA heard on the local ABC radio this morning that Ben finished 15th in the Dakar.
Foss

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2013, 12:36:53 pm »
Mia and I just arrived home to Terrigal on the Grumpy Trumpy..........What a great weekend !!
I spoke to Kevin Magee and an old Central MCC member, Will Hagon and the Speed coverage will be aired prior or during Round 1 of the World Superbikes.  8)
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2013, 12:42:18 pm »
My mate was talking to polite American named Earl, my mate commented on his nice Nicky Hayden t-shirt and asked 'Bit of a fan ?' my mate asked. "Well I suppose seeing he's my son" ;D
Was a big meeting and will probably only get bigger.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2013, 04:02:00 pm »
  am sure Kenny Russell's family has the bike and I'm sure Wato or Lovett will ride it in the  "Old school" Twins,
I was told this morning that Watto bought the big Godden twin off Kenny Russells widow, don't know if my informant was on the mail or not. He'd tried to buy the bike but was told it'd been sold.
 I have a brand new Trackmaster XS in pieces, Ray Hensley sold it to me in pieces so I could copy it,
SON,if you look closely at my Trackmaster in the photo below you'll notice that it's got a variable height swing arm pivot. It's one of only two made by Hensley and Clyde Williams to experiment with frame tunability. In the end they figured it wasn't needed so it never went into production. My frame went to upstate New York for ice racing duty with a Shell XS750 Yamaha motor and the other TT500 powered one is still owned by Clyde. I was going to fit the Benelli engine but once I found out how rare it is I'll use what it was made for, an XS650. I've got a really light home made frame I got from a guy in Texas that I'll chop up for the Benelli.(see bottom). The Benelli has a deep sump that means I'll have to take out the bottom rails to clear, as can be seen in the shot of Gene Hartlines Trackmaster Benelli. I couldn't bring myself to do that to a genuine Trackmaster.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 04:25:57 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2013, 04:39:21 pm »
Mark you are right, I knew Chris had it again but I thought it was for a display, but he just told me he owns it and will ride it in the "OLD SCHOOL" races as he will be an Event Sponsor.
Don't worry they will be "Handicap" races in more ways than one. Age, Weight, Ability, Capacity??
As to the Benelli I have a Star Racer that looks close and another Trackmaster that is for British, I am moving sheds next weekend and I will PM you about them,

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2013, 05:12:55 pm »
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info