Author Topic: Early Christmas pressys.  (Read 6923 times)

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Early Christmas pressys.
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 12:52:33 pm »
Good to hear Mark, bought my little dog about year and a half ago for the wife and she a cracking guard dog better than my old AM staff, she rules the house with an iron paw

Last one was when she came back from being desexed, the old dog got to her and I had to to hand raise 7 staffy x Jack russell pups :o
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 02:20:21 pm »

You know it's a terrier's world and we just live in it!
Ain't that the truth, , once late Flojo I tried to 'claim' the points for a long deceased dried out rat carcass . New pup seems to have it in for the steam mop moving or stationary!
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 03:23:12 pm »
Carol says Reggie is looking big and needs a diet and Edna and marky to stop spoiling him.....lol
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2013, 04:12:25 pm »
Here's some updates on Reggie Firkin, head of Casa del Firko security. As you've possibly read earlier I got the little guy from the RSPCA as a severe cruelty survivor. Because he'd been so badly treated he came with a lot of health issues, including a stress induced disease called Puppy Strangles which is related to shingles in humans. As a treatment for that he periodically has to go on steroids to control his skin rash. A side issue of the steroids is that he puts on a bit of weight....which is OK considering he was nearly starved to death 9 months ago. Another issue is that he absolutely hates riding in the car* which was brought to the fore a couple of months ago. I'd taken him to the park to chase the ball and upon getting home he was so eager to get out of the evil car he jumped straight past me and out the driver window of my Jeep before I'd even come to a stop. The result was a broken back leg. He was in plaster for three weeks but today he's AOK, if a little fat. He loves everyone especially 93 year old mum and is a happy and very content little guard dog.  I'd never really thought much about lap dogs before but the Jack Russell turns out to indeed be a big dog in a little package.

*The vets seem to think he hates car rides so much because he relates each car trip to the one which took him to be dumped under a milk crate in the bush...in his mind every car trip might have an unhappy ending. Another related thing is his dislike of being left alone, for even a minute. He's a work in progress, the poor little bloke.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2013, 09:54:11 pm »
Jack Russell's are completely devoid of any road sense whatsoever. Have you let him sniff out the window? Maybe just let him sit in the car when it's parked in the yard and get him a little bit comfortable.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 12:09:09 am »
Reggie Firkin head of security is looking good for a mascot,along with the nice little dirt tracker. 8)  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2013, 09:22:26 am »
Jack Russell's are completely devoid of any road sense whatsoever. Have you let him sniff out the window? Maybe just let him sit in the car when it's parked in the yard and get him a little bit comfortable.
Absolutely Lozza, I have to watch him like a hawk when I take him out onto the front yard. We've got a lot of kids in our street and as soon as he spots kids playing he's off to play with them without a hint of looking before crossing the road. The other day I turned around and there he was laying down in the middle of the road catching some rays as if it was the perfectly normal thing to do. I thought he'd been hit by a car. The problem with him getting his face out the car window is that because he's such a short arse and my car being so big he can't get his head anywhere near the window. I've tried to prop him up on cushions but he doesn't like that either. As I said in my previous post, he's a work in progress so I take him in the car as often as I can to hopefully eventually get him used to it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:07:55 am by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2013, 04:12:45 pm »
Head of security Reggie Firkin models his new Harley Davidson collar. No more Nancy Boy collars for our Reg  ;).