Author Topic: Early Christmas pressys.  (Read 6924 times)

IT400C

Re: Early Christmas pressys.
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 01:18:31 am »
Reggies a ripper name but the opportunity to call him Rastus
A good name but my Aunty and Uncle had a little Yorkie named Rastus....a prick of a dog, used to piss on your leg. The close runner up for a name was Fido. I know it's the generic dog name but have any of you ever actually seen a dog named Fido? Me neither. Reggie's much better than his pound name 'Balboa'. Apparently he became mates at the pound with another dog named Rocky...Rocky Balboa, get it ???. Pretty lame eh?

In a similar vein, I had a mate who had 3 dogs at one stage...

1:  Negga
2:  Schwarz
3:  Arnie..

He used to love calling them at the same time..

Arnie, Schwarz 'n Negga!

Offline Flatout

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 12:12:59 pm »
Mark,Ive seen these little guys in action.. Hunter's a good name cos thats what they do best.. hunt things. casa del firko could be disneyland for the little guy ..ST52

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 12:45:09 pm »
They certainly are neat little dogs. Even though Reg is only half grown and the size of a Chiuaua, he's got plenty of bottle. My mates German Shepard bitch was playfully stirring him up the other day and Reg gave her a good old nip on the nose for her trouble that left a chunk missing. Twenty years ago I had a Bull Terrier named Porky and my mate had a Jack Russell named Sid Vicious who had been raised with Bull Terriers and thought he was one. One day Porky went a bit too far with Sid and Sid locked onto Porkys throat with a Bully style death lock, there was no way he was letting go and despite his size was trying to shake Porky in an attempt kill him. >:( We eventually separated the pair with the result being that Porky had to get 12 stitches in his neck. They remained mates but Porky knew Sids limit from then on  ;D.

Little Reg is going to be exposed to as many animal and human experiences as possible so that nothing should make him uncomfortable. He's actually great mates with both of my mates Shephards, the female is a very clucky dog and she thinks hes her pup, and actually tried to milk feed him in the beginning, despite the fact that she's desexed herself ::).
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 03:26:09 pm »
Think i will fear Reg more than the Doberman next door to castle del firko
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 03:35:49 pm »
Yeah Mikey, I don't think Reggie's up for big Bronson next door. I've had to put bricks all along the bottom of the fence to stop the little bloke digging under, if he managed to get in there the result wouldn't be pretty. On the other side we've got a mother and daughter shitzu pairing that are more Reggies speed, they dig into our yard which was cool before Reggie came along but I'm not sure he wouldn't dig back out with them so I'll have to sort out that fence too ;D.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:41:57 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 03:55:44 pm »
Perfect size to sit up on the padded fuel tank.  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 04:01:29 pm »
Perfect size to sit up on the padded fuel tank. 
We're going down to the farm for a few days between Christmas and New Year and that's one of the tricks I want to teach him while we're there. I'll sit him in one of those dorky push bike baskets on the front of the IT or PE for some slow rides until he gets the knack of it. ;D If he freaks out I won't push the issue. ;)

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 07:17:55 pm »
I live with two Tenterfield Terrier (called Minture Foxies by some), they are the wife's, which means I get to feed and clean up after them and she gets to treat them like children.

This is Theodore, who is now five years old and weighs in at 4kg.

This is Thadeous (Boofhead), a younger 1/2 brother to Theodore, as a pup. He is now 2 years old and weighs in at just over 4kg.

Both are un-papered pedigrees, that the wife got from one of her friends, she claimed that they "followed her home", and I suppose she is technically correct as they both came here in boxes on the back seat of her car. The pair of them play the cute card way too often and could easily get away with murder. They both also suffer from small dog syndrome and think they own the world and spend a lot of time barking at the roos and foxes that live up in the hills behind my place and come down to my dam of a night.

As much as I hate to say it, they all ways bring a smile to your face, and the place would now seem empty without them.

CJ
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:25:18 pm by Colj500 »
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 10:44:42 am »
I've been chasing one of these for a while now,
just arrived ;D
thanks Santa 8)
"flat bickie"

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 11:21:48 pm »
Reggie Firkin update:
After a pretty crook beginning in life Little Reggie Firkin has just about overcome the infections that stemmed from his initial abuse. He'll always have scars on his face but the chicks seem to dig it, they reckon it gives him character. Here's a shot of him taken on Australia Day chilling out on the couch after a huge lamb chop blowout. He's a contented little fella these days.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:30:26 pm by firko »

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 09:48:01 am »
Nice Pup and i think he looks like a reggie. And there is a but i think you should have called him Stains after dropping a pile on the carpet. just think all the nieghbours would of had a laugh with you walking around the yard yelling out Come Stains Come Stains it would make you sound like you had Turetts . Bawhahahahah
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 11:04:17 pm »

Very cool little pup Firko - bet mum was impressed when he dropped the clanger on the carpet on day one !!!

I'll have to drop by and have a meet and greet with Reggie asap !

Good to hear you are well again too !!!

Dave Mac  :D
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 11:53:25 pm »
Had Jack Russell's for best part of 20yrs , you get a big dog in a little package. Flo-jo I lasted 16yrs  and got Flo-Jo II last May couldn't stand the house feeling empty.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 12:12:47 pm »
Nice looking dog and a great photo of Reggie kicking back watching tellie on the couch!

I have a wire haired Jack Russel called Wanda, she too was rescued by the RSPCA and we've had her for about 6 years now. She's my office PA and is in charge of security. :) She seems to be hard wired to hunt anything small like lizards, birds and rabbits and I guess all terriers will be similar. They're great dogs with big personality.

You know it's a terrier's world and we just live in it!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 12:35:15 pm »
you get a big dog in a little package
I've had big dogs my whole life but none of them have thought they were as big as Reggie thinks he is. I took him over to my mate Jonesy's place the other day thinking he's get on with Alans Blue Healer and Labradoodle...well, within a few minutes of arse sniffing activity Reggie had let both of the big dogs know who was boss with a couple of well placed growls. He was king of their own yard within minutes, it was such a convincing turf war victory it had us in stitches. He's totally taken over security in the house and had his first major victory the other day, a big old cockroach that made the big mistake of walking past him. Once he killed that roach he brought the remains into my office and dropped them at my feet and sat there waiting for the big thank you head pat and belly scratch. Since then I've found the remains of two different Skink lizards in his bed so he's getting the hang of it.
The only thing I can't get him to like is going in the car...he positively hates it which might be an ingrained memory from when he was mistreated and dumped in the bush. He might think that every car trip is going to end like that one did.