Author Topic: The Economy - Is it just me or are we all feeling it?  (Read 13088 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: The Economy - Is it just me or are we all feeling it?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 10:40:36 am »
How good is the VMX up there tho Evo?? And how many outfits do you get to a meet :D
Sounds like a great place to bring up kids.

TM BILL

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 11:40:54 am »
I have told all my girls that Australia is the promised land and when they wish to settle down it is the place to go  :) The oldest 2 both live in the UK and are loving it (in their early 20s ) but my oldest has made noises about coming back here . Difficult as it is to tell them i say DONT , financially this wonderfull country ( and i still believe it is the most beautifull country on the planet ) is well and truly FUCT .
Instead of capitalising on the natural beauty and good lifestyle this country offers the sucsessive MORON governments we have had in the last 30 yrs keep bullshitting themselves and us that we are a major player and have to prop up every forking shithole country who has a disaster and then wants nothing to do with us  >:(

Asians would pay squillions to visit this wonderfull country so what does our genius governments do  ??? instead of attracting them as tourist and charging them accordingly they sell the forking country to them  >:(

Another thing the governments here are really good at is cunningly dividing the population , they through their spin doctoring and bullshit policys make the Maori out to be the bad guy  >:( Ask the average bloke in the street and he will tell you " o yeah the forking Maoris want everything  ::)

The reality is that without the Maoris and the treaty of Waitangi we would have nothing left to own in this country , those C%6ts in wellington would have sold eveything to foriegn lands .

Add in the bullshit resource misssmanagment act and osh witch skyrockets the cost of everything and slows progress to a crawl and you start to understand how this wonderfull country is being seriously violated by greedy self serving C%^ts .

This country was built with hard work and common sense , now a days the former is strangled in red tape and the later is considered to be spoken by dinasours and ridiculous  ::)

I despair at the younger generations who are born into this thinking and will know no different  :(

Possibly the most frustrating thing is though get 10 people in a room and 9 of them will agree that most of what i have written above is true and that they are sick of it , yet we continue to put up with it  ??? ???

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 11:53:52 am »
Bill,one thing that is not declining is the Auckland real estate market.
My god its insane.

TM BILL

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 12:15:29 pm »
My god its insane.

Liz how many of the buyers have round eyes and speak english as a first language  ::) thats what drives the market up and away from first time kiwi buyers like yourself  ;)

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 12:19:10 pm »
Yesterday it was TV3 newsman who paid $50K more than the market value in an outer suburb.

He actually had round eyes but your point is pretty much true.

We third generation NZers of any creed,cant compete with the cashed up Asians.....

Serves me right for coming back to NZ,I should have stayed in Oztralia.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 12:21:49 pm »
My god its insane.
Try Sydney ::). It's apparently now the second most expensive city to live in the world.
My humble little fibro cottage has risen $100 000 in value in 3 years. I feel sorry for first time home buyers.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 12:25:21 pm »
My god its insane.
Try Sydney ::). It's apparently now the second most expensive city to live in the world.
My humble little fibro cottage has risen $100 000 in value in 3 years. I feel sorry for first time home buyers.
Thats pretty much what lead to my departure Firko.Whilst the barrier is high over here,an equivalent suburb in Sydney would cost $300,000 plus more.
On a lowly steel mongers salary like me, thats not going to happen.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 12:34:34 pm »
You blokes should all be living in QLD.....the place to be......and the best/most VMX....all true. ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 12:48:15 pm »
You blokes should all be living in QLD.....the place to be......and the best/most VMX....all true. ;)

True,plus great banjo music.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 12:55:05 pm »
Good to see you like banjo music Liz.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 01:17:27 pm »
I work in a hire place and things are not as good in sunny Qld as they might tell you ,also
the music is not as good as cajun but mighty close ;D
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 01:17:51 pm »
Liz - ha luv it  ;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

TM BILL

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 01:24:40 pm »

Joan i have always admired your entrurprenurial side  :) and you certinaly made the right move 30 yrs ago  ;)

In saying that life is what you make it wherever you are  ;) We must have passed at auckland airport 30 yrs ago , you going out and me coming in  ;D

I love this country dearly and every morning i wake up i am gratefull to be here and for the oppurtunities this country has given me .

My frustration is as above watching this once really great country slide into decline and feeling helpless to do anything about it  >:(
After 30 yrs im still not a citizen , this is through choice and my own daft protest that these days they seem to give citizenship to anyone who struggles to speak english and can be blindfolded with a bootlace but has a few quid ( and 500 cock relations ) to bring with them .

Why do we waste squillions sending our young men to fight some stinking rag heads war FFS just send more guns and ammo and let the bastards wipe each other out  ;)

Rant over back to VMX  ;)

Keep up Ross shes been Liz for years  ;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 01:27:43 pm by TM bill »

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 01:41:26 pm »
Good to see you like banjo music Liz.

Is it bad to admit my favourite movie is Deliverance?

What Bill said- this place has changed for the worse,but thankgod for our great VMX scene,All Blacks and decent beer -unlike that weazel piss you poor buggars have to drink over there.

TM BILL

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 03:20:42 pm »
Upon reflection  ??? after taking a few pics and adding to the unfinished projects thread i realised just how good i have it  ::) ok so a dollar might be a bit harder to find today and i might disagree with every goverment policy over the last 30 yrs  >:(
But at the end of the day i get to wallow in my own mechanical catastrophy i have created every day  ;D
I could have been born a Slope living on a bowl of rice a day and sharing my abode with 50 others , or a raghead having to dress how im told , cooking my rancid goat over a goatshit fire and shitting myself everytime i got a whiff of C4 or Semtex  ;D or one of those poor bastards in africa who walk 20 miles each way each day just to get water (beats me why they dont just move closer to the river  ???) or worse still a parisian living in denial that i got my arse kicked twice by the krauts and still believing that inspite of the incesant smell of dog shit i live in the greatest city in europe  :o

So i will retire back into the mass of unfinished projects and probably start another one , with a glass of H2O from the tap a pizza heated in my microwave , wearing offensive t shirts with slogans about other nations / races , knowing if i get blown up its probably due to a welding accident ( or volcanic moment ) and breathing in the fresh clean air (and smell of petrol )rejoicing in the knowledge that the last time my manor was invaded was 1066 ( by you know who  :P )  BECAUSE I CAN  ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:35:22 pm by TM bill »