Author Topic: Powder coaters in Perth  (Read 2349 times)

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Powder coaters in Perth
« on: June 30, 2012, 10:23:17 am »
Looking for recommendations for powder coaters in Perth - the good, the bad and the "best to be avoided"!

Thanks.
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: Powder coaters in Perth
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:41:45 am »
I have been getting my powdercoating done at All-metal finishes in Gibberd road Balcatta for over 20 years and have always been very satisfied with the results, recently I needed an exotic colour done, I imported the powder myself and supplied it to them and they said "no worries".
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 10:59:55 am »
Southside powder coaters in o'Connor several of the VMX club have used them very reasonable when i used them

Barry
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 01:27:56 pm »
if you are North of the River a few of the guys use B&D Powdercoaters.  I have and they are very good - even know enough to question me about my choice of colour for a Honda frame as to Tahitain red and signal red etc. 
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 07:19:22 pm »
Thanks Chaps, I'll be in Toodyay but travelling to Bunbury and back so will check them all out.
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 08:13:09 pm »
travelling to Bunbury
Had a few frames done here awhile back.Picton an industrial area just before Bunbury.Onecoat Powdercoat unit 5/100 banks st Picton.97257744 www.onecoatpowdercoat.com.au    email   [email protected]
Best is in the West !!

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 02:24:25 am »
if you are North of the River a few of the guys use B&D Powdercoaters.  I have and they are very good - even know enough to question me about my choice of colour for a Honda frame as to Tahitain red and signal red etc. 
T'is my displeasure to inform you that I wont be going anywhere near B&D's again - EVER! Malcolm owned the business when I was doing the groundwork and was more than helpful and actually took the time to work with me to get the best outcome. Fast forward and Malcolm sells the business to Steve who appears to know it all, especially with "18 years in the industry" ( a fact often repeated! ). I rock up with my chassis and bits'n'bobs and basically I was an intrusion into their working day. Asked about Malcolm and was told "he sold it to me and I'm the boss now". Laying the pieces out carefully on their floor, I went through what I wanted ( not that bloody hard, only 2 colours ), making sure I separated the red from black. Leaving the worker under no illusion that if there was any doubt as to what was needed, to ring me to sort it out. I left a note for the boss as well. The morning that I needed it back - and assurances gained that it would be delivered, I get the phone call - "Hi Tony, it's Steve from B&D.....um, what parts needed to be what colour?" So, I went through each part for him, describing them and again asking that if there's a problem to ring me again to sort it. Time was an issue as I was taking off on the Safari so needed to have it all sorted within the time parameters we'd agreed too. Yeah, they stuffed up the order. His answer was that he could redo it but no way could he post it to me ( "I wouldn't know how to do it" was his pathetic response! ) so I'd have to collect it or take some tins of spray to get the right colour.
So, anyone in Perth and surrounds thinking of using B&D, I say CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 06:54:42 am »

I had a frame done here and was very happy with the results.  They are good blokes and didn't charge an arm and a leg.  Thanks for the tip Ross  ;D

I shoul dadd that my frame was done in 2011.  Possibly before Steve took over  :-\
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 06:56:36 am by YZ250H »
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 09:28:18 am »
thats a bugga and disappointment - sorry teebone.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 10:01:12 pm »
It's all good, Ross - certainly not looking or wishing to blame anyone here. As I said, all the groundwork was good and positive, making my decision a certainty. It was only after the takeover - ( 2 weeks difference between groundwork & takeover ), that it had turned pearshaped.

maxvmx

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 05:27:54 pm »
I've used Wayne at Southside quite a bit, he's a good guy to deal with but I think establishing a bit of a relationship with him helps. If you make the point of telling him what your expactations are and that you know what good and bad work looks like I'm sure you will get what you are after, my thoughts anyway.