Author Topic: Heaven Round 3 - Canberra 12 & 13 May  (Read 12921 times)

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Heaven Round 3 - Canberra 12 & 13 May
« on: April 25, 2012, 07:26:59 am »
The racing at Clarence is a memory and you can see the photos on Hardo's photobucket, but our attention now turns to Round 3 at Canberra. There is still a strong possibility that the old MX track on the hill, which was used in the 70's and 80's known as Kumagutza may be up and ready for us. Our mates in Canberra will keep us up dated.

Some old photos of the track which bring back memories of watching Grunt and Gally flying around the mountain and you were so close to the action. The spectators in one photo are closer to the track then the flag marshall!!!

Download your entry form and Flyer from the Heaven VMX website
http://www.heaven-vmx.com/

Cheers
Bob B
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:31:01 am by rtb »

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
Re: Heaven Round 3 - Canberra 12 & 13 May
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 07:59:28 pm »
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DRYALP7gOe8E&h=IAQGykRf4AQGKOV1OotFD2IiU4FYtBb-Cw4mBrc8cAafVpw
you guys are going to love this track , heres a video clip late last year just remember the whoop section is different , some tyre wall are in place and less trees . the guy who has done the video is riding ttr125 . the best part of the track is the jump on the back down hill ,its a 4th 5th gear tapout . i hope to be there cheers ek
ps nice photos bob got any more

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:34:49 pm »
Really hoping you guys can pull it off Ekka. It would certainly be a blast from the past to ride it again.
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

Montynut

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 09:46:36 pm »
Ekka, can you please give us a detailed update on the track status on [email protected] just trying to get a handle on how likely we are to be on the Kumagutza track.

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:59:54 pm »
How's the track looking Ekka??
Do I bring the RM 465 and gear it up for the top track or bring the RM 250 and harden up the suspension for the big jumps on the bottom track.
I know what the kids want to ride, Liam wants even bigger jumps on the bottom track.

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 01:24:29 pm »
 :) HOT OFF THE PRESS , the good news is kumagutsa has the one of event lic ,but some mashell points need to be done so if anyone can come this weekend to help please do ( including the locals ). I tell you guys are in for a treat

Montynut

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 07:00:05 pm »
:) HOT OFF THE PRESS , the good news is kumagutsa has the one of event lic ,but some mashell points need to be done so if anyone can come this weekend to help please do ( including the locals ). I tell you guys are in for a treat

Hold on EKKA hold on :o. The track has been inspected and passed pending the work you speak off. There is still the little detail of getting the wheels of the governing body to rotate sufficently to produce a licence and then we have to get a race permit for that licenced track.

You are correct that it is getting much much closer and should be OK but there are still a few (many) stars need to align. The picture will be clearer by weeks end.

Do you have any more recent videos as the one posted has a few people more than a little worried about dust and track condition. I realise that it is on old video and the track is miles from what is seen but most people don't know that.

I am not trying to put a wet blanket on it but we are still not riding Kumagutza just yet. Call me a worrier but until I have the race permit in my hand it is still  a 'maybe'. I hope I am worrying for nothing and Kumagutza once again has the sound of two strokes on song 10 days from now ;)

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 08:41:30 pm »
Finally get to put in an appearance seeing not pre booked out for the weekend, Kumagutsa sounds good , way to go Ekka if its a goer, now whats this crap about a chain gaurd, thats not very period correct,  ::) the maicos will look to modern :D scrutineers nightmare
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Montynut

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 06:02:22 pm »
We have finally been able to make a decision on the track to be used at the 12/13 May meeting. We will be using the main (lower) circuit which we have normally used in the past not Kumagutza.

This was a very difficult decision but in the end there were just too many unknowns involved with Kumagutza. There was still significant work to do and even then there was a final decision remaining with the Stewart on the day. Finally a decision was needed before the end of this week.

Just about everyone wants desperately to use the refurbished Kumagutza circuit but in reality we are probably a month early for it to be ready to make the excellent impact of its first meeting that is needed. The entire circuit has been resurfaced while retaining the classic Natural terrain layout with numerous elevation changes etc

So to those that were super keen to ride Kumagutza (including me) we are sorry to disappoint. We are very fortunate to have the normal circuit which is always prepared to an excellent standard and maintained during the weekend.

Get your entries in as there is only a week to go

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 06:45:59 pm »
Bummer!

How complicated is it for us to arrange a practice run around Karma Gutza on the Saturday?

Ekka, if some of us want to have a ride around Karma Gutza on Saturday May 12, can that be arranged? Since we are all down there for the meeting and on site, it would be a great opportunity to try it out and might be a good opportunity to show some club members who haven't ridden it how good the track is.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 06:22:51 am by KJ222 »
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 09:39:24 am »
Bummer!

How complicated is it for us to arrange a practice run around Karma Gutza on the Saturday?

maybe the rec riding bit sat?, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 07:23:48 pm »
Very disappointing about Karmagutza for 2012 as no other Heaven rounds in Canberra this year and I would be guessing a lot of work has gone in by the locals to make ready for next weekend

If you are organising any rides on Karmagutza or do a special event like Hunter does with Mr VMX, I will in for sure Ekka.  Natural terrain track from the 80s is what I believe VMX is about.

Hope this does not put the club off from resurrecting the track based on this decision and it sits abandoned for another thirty years :-\
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 07:50:31 pm »
Very disappointing about Karmagutza for 2012 as no other Heaven rounds in Canberra this year and I would be guessing a lot of work has gone in by the locals to make ready for next weekend

If you are organising any rides on Karmagutza or do a special event like Hunter does with Mr VMX, I will in for sure Ekka.  Natural terrain track from the 80s is what I believe VMX is about.

Hope this does not put the club off from resurrecting the track based on this decision and it sits abandoned for another thirty years :-\

I agree. It really was a Golden Opportunity. I hope the track will be open for practice days. I will certainly make the trip from Sydney for the weekend.
Kenneth S
Go For It

Race Bike History

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 06:24:14 am »
Still time to enter for this weekends racing at Canberra. The main motocross track on the left will be used and it will be prepared and watered to the usual high standard.
Saturday afternoon is practice with 4/5 sessions and Sunday is racing.
If you know a mate who is interested in VMX and wants to get involved bring him along and he/she can ride.

Hope to see you there.

PS Dont forget Sunday is Mothers day so buy her the present and drop it off to her on the way to the track.

Bob B

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 08:40:07 pm »
the word ive have heard is no rec ride on kumagutsa track , the club has spent $10,000 plus on track work ,eg cleared trees , resurfed so yes very dissappointed  :( . you r welcome to walk up and drool over what could have been