Author Topic: CONONDALE CLASSIC 2012  (Read 10794 times)

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
CONONDALE CLASSIC 2012
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:11:51 pm »
Sidecars wanted, as many as we can get, upto Pre 90, going to be a huge event, more details at QVMX SIDECARS thread....
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline popeye

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: CONONDALE CLASSIC 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:31:59 pm »
I was asked today if l knew of any special sidecars and or rider passenger teams from the old days that would like to compete? Straight away l thought of the Jumbo, would be a great thing to see, get Hansi to bring his over and it could be like the old days, we should see what we could work out, as it's going to be quite an event......

Two Jumbo on the startline, I'd turn what ever I'm on off, just to hear the noise.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 04:06:01 pm »
I have asked Hansi before and he agreed he would need 20K to make the trip, so you better have a good sponsor. :D :D :D
He has mentioned that he would love to do an extended adventure ride out here so that might entice him to come for a lesser deal, but you have to understand that Hansi works all summer in his hometown selling fertilizers to the farmers so he isn't keen to leave home at that time.
Also for half that ammount we could pay for all the teams in SA and Vic and WA to come over and really make it a great race-not some two horse race that only one would win.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 11:36:47 am »
You missed the point again >:(
It is more important to have sidecars from all states at these events ( and particularly the titles) and to have lots of them (not just 6 or 10 miss-matched outfits trundling about a paddock) and this is Hansis view as well.
He would not come all this way during his peak season to blow us away and is more keen to come and do some schools where he could teach ALL of us what the sport is about.
We need to spend some effort and any dollars that come our way in getting a few guys out during their off season to give us some racing lessons and draw big crowds.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 04:02:25 pm »
I'll be there so bring an extra $50 so you can protest me. :D :D

Offline QLD779

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 04:41:59 pm »
I'll just take Hansi's passenger Daniel if Hansi can't come. I learned heaps when he had a swing for me on my EML at Moranbah last year. Fastest i've ever been around that track and he said we could go another twenty seconds quicker. Any sidecar schools would be good no matter what level ability you have. ;)
You don't have to be, but it helps.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 04:49:49 pm »
You're dead right Davey. We will do more by teaching new (and old) riders and passengers than flogging our old outfits around in front of no spectators.
Until Wallies son)or daughter) steps up the heritage ends there!!

Offline popeye

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 08:09:09 pm »
Dave could you contact Daniel and see if he is keen?

I rang Greg Anthony today and he's interested, he's also going to talk to Trev his father.

I told him he couldn't bring the DT,  he just laughed

Clint Grabham will be overseas.... Bugger....

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 01:30:01 pm »
mate is a QVMX meeting so pre 90 lets get a full grid what asight  :) :) :)

Offline popeye

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 06:52:33 pm »
Yeah Walter it's Pre 90, 4/5 of August, and they tell me there using the big track which will include some track we have not ridden on...  Would be good if you could make it. If we could find a bike for Hansi would he be interested? We could see if Daniel would swing for him.   They have asked me for Names of people coming so they can advertise in magazines and flyers. So far l have a list of 21 bikes which l will hope to get there.

Vaughn would Geoff be interested if we could get him a bike?

Offline popeye

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 08:21:37 pm »
Could you or Vaughn please get in touch with Hansi and see if he's interested at all, as putting his name in the advertisements would be a big draw card, along with yourself and Vaughn of course.

Offline popeye

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 08:25:24 pm »
Tell Hansi l will organise a trail ride to the event, he can have my bike and l'll ride my Brother's.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 10:58:06 am »
I will email Hansi today, tho a phone call is always better.
If you organise a trail ride to the event for him, will you send your bike to Switzerland or should he just get one there and ride it  out- should he come the "long way round" or down thru Afghanastan?  A fair bit of organising there Popeye ;)
Not sure if pre90 is the way to go for this event as it will bring about the break-up of our sport, just as it did in the mid 80s-still I'm just an old dickhead that knows f all.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 11:39:13 am »
I have always maintained that they were where the sport separated and that is where they will do so again. We do not have the population to run both ends of the sport-well not here in Qld that's for sure.
However-if we are to keep the sport alive we need to have a feeder class and for me that is the 500 fourstrokes or junior class.
No doubt we must also keep going forward and let firstly the pre90s lightweights in and then by default the later classes as time goes on and we go to our graves.
Being such a small fraternity we also need to keep all sidecars in one paddock and that is why ASA is the way it is-we can't have the oldies racing on one side of Aust the same day that we have moderns racing on the other as that is not how the sport is formed-it is a family event.
By the very nature of this years pre78 and post classic nationals we are driving a wedge into the heart of sidecarcross. Yes, we should have supported Crystal Brook better last year but there were many things to consider there and cash was a big one.
Wyarralong will also be another wedge in the system and that is our own fault as well but with Connondale we can set the cart right if we dont go stupid. As I said-we would be better off spending dollars getting sidecars from all over here and not just paying for Hansi to come-even if he would.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 03:29:30 pm »
Sent email to Herr Bachtold today-we await a reply.