Author Topic: CONONDALE CLASSIC 2012  (Read 10793 times)

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: CONONDALE CLASSIC 2012
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 04:26:10 pm »
WILL I GET START MONEY  MR E.M.L  ( NOT IN EUROS ) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 08:50:34 am »
Lama, I'll check with Bev.

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 10:12:23 am »
another anniversary weekend at conandale nothing better. we will put the wasp inside the house this time  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline yungy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 06:54:46 pm »
Back in the day it might have ended the sport but the only to grow it now is to go modern or late model 500s young blokes coming along have no intresest in the old stuff especially with some of them not being vary reliable, just my opinion but I think it's a good one

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 07:10:45 pm »
Yungy  could you define reliable please? A lot of the parts on my HBS/Wasp (Home Built Special)  sidecar are 40 (yes 40) years old. Further more at the odd occasions I take the old beasty out ,a huge amount of general interest and "love to have a go on" comes from the 16 to 35 year olds. The same ones who just walked past 'modern" outfits with barely a look.
Mate if riding "Moderns" is the way we ___ VMX___ people should follow ... arr forget about it you cannot see the forest for the trees. Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline yungy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 07:50:23 pm »
True maintenance could be a big factor but with age some parts can be hard to find an expensive, don't get me wrong the old ones belong aswell but to intice new younger people to the sport they can relate to more late model Mx bikes, I've only been to events in qld so I don't no what other states are like, how many people would have old bikes like 426s or 400s or 600s sitting in sheds would make great sidecars and cheap with parts readily available, i just want to see the sport grow & I can't see it happening unless we start getting some more lightweights i no they might not be classed as vmx as such but I think it's a better way to introduce new people to the sport

Offline yungy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 07:53:54 pm »
I've always been a fan of vmx but I guess I have more intrest in stuff from the 80s & 90s as that is the era I grew up in so it's easier for me to relate to

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 08:00:32 pm »
Well said yungy.That's why I won't buy a pre 85 bike unless it has a 2 stroke in it.

Offline QLD779

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 08:54:33 am »
I will be keeping my pre 85 EML and it is reliable. I do love moderns and wouldn't mind owning one but I'm with Walter on this one. Can't beat the sound of a field of big twin four strokes thundering around the circuit. ;D
You don't have to be, but it helps.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 09:37:35 am »
Even a small field of 10-12 is a great sound, but we will divide the sport again if we don't watch out.

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 02:49:56 pm »
rule1 have fun

rule 2 see rule

its what its all about two things to pack if your going to cross the border to race up here
1  beer

2 sense of humour(tossing up which one is more important) see you at the classic run what you bring,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 12:35:56 pm »
here's todays reply from the Hansi

Hi Vaughn Yes we are and I also hope that you and your family are well. Sorry for getting back to you this late but I have been on holiday last week. I was in Sardinia bicycling for one week and feel very fit after that. Me and Marco are still riding motocross and I am also driving the sidecar together with Daniel Koeppli. We are currently practicing for a Veterans race which will take place in Kramolin (Czech Republic) on June 10 together with a sidecar GP race.I really would like to come to Australia. However, as you already said, summer is a bad timing for me as long as I am still working. I am still dreaming of coming to race to Australia when I can go into retirement – which comes closer every year. We wish the best for you and your family. Talk to you soon. Best regardsHansi, Sonja, Jenny & Marco.

Just as I thought-however as also stated he would love to come and one day we will get ALL sidecars to Conondale for a monster event.

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2012, 01:47:31 pm »
Thanks for trying Vaughn, does this mean you won't be able to make it Walter? would be good to see that Jumbo go round instead of collecting dust, anyway here's hoping we get a good showing of sidecars from all era's up to pre 90, maybe on Sunday afternoon we could have a handicap event. At this stage l haven't heard back from the Anthony's but l will ring him shortly..

Don't forget the QLD Title's are 2 week's later at Harrisville...... So it would make it more viable coming all this way to do both........
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 10:11:02 pm »
Best is in the West !!

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 03:36:27 am »
Now working in Gladstone Dave. We will have to see if we can get some practice in for the classic, the track here looks quite good all be it a bit modern for our classic machines but lm sure we'd manage...
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.