Author Topic: Progress pic  (Read 8916 times)

mainline

Progress pic
« on: March 24, 2008, 02:32:57 pm »
Nothing very exciting, just thought I'd better show you guys I was doing something other than asking stupid questions.

Frame has been sandblasted and repainted, triple clamps sanded and painted. Steering and swingarm bushes and bearings replaced, forks and shock rebuilt, new seat foam and cover, fork legs and swingarm very slightly blingerized(tm).

Thanks again to all those help with my queries.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: Progress pic
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 02:37:18 pm »
how nice do you think that lawns gonna look when you get that thing going?
nice stuff champ!
"flat bickie"

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 04:15:54 pm »
Thats a work of art - Looking better than new!!! you might feel guilty taking that museum quality machine into the dirt...
hey let us know when we can come over and practice starts on that crappy lawn. ;D
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 05:09:26 pm »
Have you moved to NZ ? Bike is looking good. QVMX meeting at Pauls!!

mainline

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 05:25:53 pm »
My wife has already warned me about excessive test riding!!

Thanks for the comments, although both the bike and the lawn come up better in photos  ;D

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 07:05:24 pm »
looks very nice,  keep posting updates as they come about

Offline brad747

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 08:12:51 pm »
Looking good mate! How big is your water tank! our law in dust!
Any one got an RM125a for sale??

mainline

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 04:42:24 pm »
Another couple of shots, not too much has happened to the bike although I have been collecting bits.

The pipe and motor are just in so I could work out dimensions for the MacGyver style muffler I made.

I thought given the plastics discussion happening in the other thread I'd show the Concourse Parts front guard I received on Friday. I don't think you could ask for a better product.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 04:45:39 pm by mainline »

mainline

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 04:43:37 pm »

mainline

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 03:48:36 pm »
an update, nothing too exciting. It's good to have it rolling again though.

Holeshot buddy ripped apart the two and a half engines I gave him and has managed to find enough bits to build one decent one. Cylinder and head are in at Serco getting bead blasted, rebored, and a mild port job done. Also a crank kit was needed, apparently an RD250 crank is the same? we shall see.

Anyhow, should have an engine back in it within a few weeks.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:02:40 pm by mainline »

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »
so now you can sit on it in the shed and go Brmmm! Brmmmmmmm..........!
coming along nicely Paul, when your bike looks as good as that, it should see your return to the mx fold is, {dare i say it?} triumphant!
keep up the good work mate!
"flat bickie"

Offline d veda

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 06:02:28 pm »
dont you just love putting a newy painted frame on the bench and locktighting all the goodys back on. take 3 steps back to the beer friage open a cold one .then back in to it.I think it as much fun as raceing.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 06:30:36 pm »
Thats a mint job Paul, did you get an aftermarket seat foam? If so where from and how much? I need one.. Once i get mine to a similar stage i will post a pic or 2! Probably wont be as nice as yours, but still neat. Is Your tank new?
Maico's, the only way to go.

mainline

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 09:08:51 pm »
Vandy, I've been making triumphant engine noises in the shed since the rear tyre went on without any knuckle flesh under it. I hope the suspension is a bit softer once there's an engine in there, otherwise my bits are in for a hammering.

D Veda, yeah, the re-assembly is a big thrill, probably to be tainted when I come a cropper the first time!! I love opening the boxes of new bits as they arrive (especially if they came in under the radar) ;).

MXM, the seat foam was made up from scratch by a bike upholsterer up here in Brissy. From what I saw of his work before it all got put together it was pretty impressive (pretty much hand carved), but how it holds up to the real world I'll have to get back to you.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 05:55:08 pm »
Looks like he has done a good job mate, i will get the local moto seat guru from our way to have a crack at doing one for me.. fingers crossed it will be good!
I got all the bits i need from the guy you reccomended this morning, what a legend.. Was all too easy! Thanks for that.  :)
Maico's, the only way to go.