Author Topic: Has this forum lost it's VMX identity.  (Read 6513 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Has this forum lost it's VMX identity.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 09:53:48 pm »
Well, I put a new topic on this the other day, just to find out in there was a register or club for CZ owners, and had no reply, plenty of lookers but no commends, its like no body gives a shit.

Whats a CZ Grandad ??? ;D ;D ;D sorry man I love my pre 74 bikes as much as the next man, god knows I have enough but with all this pre 90 talk I can see a day when pre 95 will come along and I think that is for the greater good, VMX has to evolve to be relevant to the riders the same way that modern MX did.

As for being off the VMX topic, hell you don't do it with  your ole lady the same way every time you would get a reputation as a dud root. Bit like the guys always raising this lets stick to VMX forum nazi bullshit./
formerly Marc.com

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 09:55:01 pm »
The funnies aren't vmx but look at how many pages there are . I say post what ever just if you post something offensive one day you are going to meet at classic dirt or the Nats and some of us have long memories .

oooh scary mofo :o
formerly Marc.com

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 09:58:32 pm »
I personally hate continued political threads for reasons I've stated in the past but if that's what the majority want, well so be it. What is more an anoyance to me is whingers complaining about the forum droping off or too much of this or not enough of that when they rarely ever contribute anything interesting or worthwhile to the forum themselves. It's almost as if 10% of the members supply 90% of the content. Some of the worst complainers are some of the worst contributors.

It's not hard to post a photo (I had to relearn to do it by another method today, it's not neurosurgery) so why not post photos of your bikes, tell us the story of its build.....in other words, join in and become part of our community instead of whinging that the 10% who do contribute aren't entertaining you.

And yes, this subject is done and dusted.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 10:29:31 pm »
There are how many heading on this forum ? there at least one there for VMX last time i looked. stay in there and knoock yourself out.   Yer its an MX site but its also about a lifestyle and an era.  this is the best site out there by far.
this thread is totally a waste of space.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline 35elsinore

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 10:35:33 pm »
That fired everyone up. Love the passion for this forum. Got a good laugh reading this subject, just hope Sgt Hugo was just trying to reel everyone in or maybe he wont read the replies as its not VMX related.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 11:42:49 pm »
or maybe he wont read the replies as its not VMX related.

Not bad mate  ;D .... nah I think Sgt Hugo is an alias from one our more frustrated former flamers ;D
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 06:15:08 am »
or maybe he wont read the replies as its not VMX related.

.... nah I think Sgt Hugo is an alias from one our more frustrated former flamers ;D
Methinks too ;D

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 08:07:39 am »
it's still called "ozvmx" isnt it, I'll be damned if anyone changes it's name. f--king greenies and Labor, as soon as they get their hands on something they will dress it up and call it, wait for it!!!!

ah!                                                                                                                                       suckertaxcarbonvmx,

worms, please dont change the name you bastards ;D

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 08:08:59 am »

I remember you , you where the bloke that helped me push start my bike

Hasn't everyone helped push start your bike Walter? I thought it was one of the rites of passage.  ;D
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 09:53:35 pm »

Looks like the forum is losing its vmx identity, to so much crap that is not even vmx related.
Is our sport suffering this much that we need to fill all the topic areas with stuff that has nothing in common with vmx motocross. ie Qantas B.S and manufacturing in OZ.
Are we that bored or just want to talk shit for something to do.

It HAS been done to death and you seem to be out voted by the replies. But you are by no means a minority. Unfortunately a lot of vmx characters have pulled the pin or just don't visit or contribute as much any more. I was on here all the time but now look at the for sale and a couple of threads that might interest me and not every day as I used to. All you can do in the end is take out what you want and move to another site after that. This site used to have my complete attention but those days are over. If you look at the main contributors to this site, they rarely if ride at all. That is the way it has gone. Thank god for facebook. All the vmx you can handle.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 10:02:44 pm »

Looks like the forum is losing its vmx identity, to so much crap that is not even vmx related.
Is our sport suffering this much that we need to fill all the topic areas with stuff that has nothing in common with vmx motocross. ie Qantas B.S and manufacturing in OZ.
Are we that bored or just want to talk shit for something to do.

It HAS been done to death and you seem to be out voted by the replies. But you are by no means a minority. Unfortunately a lot of vmx characters have pulled the pin or just don't visit or contribute as much any more. I was on here all the time but now look at the for sale and a couple of threads that might interest me and not every day as I used to. All you can do in the end is take out what you want and move to another site after that. This site used to have my complete attention but those days are over. If you look at the main contributors to this site, they rarely if ride at all. That is the way it has gone. Thank god for facebook. All the vmx you can handle.
I'm with Brad and agree with what he said.. i spend little time on here lately and a whole more on facebook and a couple of US and UK vmx sites

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 10:41:26 pm »
Yeah, well that's no worries. Brad looks in for info from time to time to help get his bikes sorted, and Johnny O is so famous he wanted the historic nats moved to suit his programme because he was busy riding Hawkstone Park. It all takes time. Bottom line is, like any website, you can click in if you want. No more complex than that.... ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 10:47:31 pm »
suttle as a trainsmash gleno ;D, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 10:50:57 pm »
Yeah, well that's no worries. Brad looks in for info from time to time to help get his bikes sorted, and Johnny O is so famous he wanted the historic nats moved to suit his programme because he was busy riding Hawkstone Park. It all takes time. Bottom line is, like any website, you can click in if you want. No more complex than that.... ;)
I don't know what you're on about matey.. i didn't ride Farleigh this year and had no plans of going to the Nats and Brad has probably helped people more times than he's asked for help on here..

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 12:36:46 am »
Righto then.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....