Author Topic: Has this forum lost it's VMX identity.  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Sgt Hugo Stiglitz

• Novice
    • View Profile
Has this forum lost it's VMX identity.
« on: November 08, 2011, 07:12:56 pm »

Looks like the forum is losing its vmx identity, to so much crap that is not even vmx related.
Is our sport suffering this much that we need to fill all the topic areas with stuff that has nothing in common with vmx motocross. ie Qantas B.S and manufacturing in OZ.
Are we that bored or just want to talk shit for something to do.
Everyone in the German Army has heard of HUGO STIGLITZ.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Has this forum lost it's VMX identity.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 07:18:31 pm »
Just had a flick through the contents page, looks like plenty of vmx and vmx-related threads to me. If a thread doesn't interest you, don't open it. If you have something relevant, non-relevant, or of interest to add, fire away. If you wish to open a thread with a new topic, fire away. If all you've got to do is whinge and moan about what isn't on here, p!ss off.
There's already been far too many sad sacks on this forum trying to derail or troll it, and buddy you're just the latest. A forum is only as good or interesting as its' contributors. If it doesn't appeal, hit the road.  ::)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Stewart Allen

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 07:31:07 pm »
well said gd66
CHEERS STEWART

Doing it to old things is fun
# 74 Heaven
IT490 Will be going one day soon
CR125M
SL175 bitza
IT250D needs work
CR250RE Not going as yet
YZ125F

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 07:48:15 pm »
The heading states,...General Discussion
  cheers, Mark :)

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 07:48:51 pm »
Yeah, I agree with GD66.
This chestnut keeps coming up, that's what General Discussion is for.
It'd still be 99% VMX / VDT related.

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 07:55:58 pm »
We could always start up a new section called "Off Topic Discussion" ;) 

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 08:02:16 pm »
I never quite get this argument. It's a forum for discussing vintage dirtbikes, but most members have other interests and views. So, General Discussion is for anything at all, whether it be vintage dirtbikes or quantum physics. Surely having a variety of topics being discussed beyond dirtbikes adds interest? Even when topics like QANTAS really take off, it doesn't mean that no-one else is posting. As far as I can see, there are over 20 other active boards on this forum, ALL dedicated to vintage...

mx250

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 08:04:05 pm »
This topic has been DONE TO DEATH.

See previous ::).

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 08:09:25 pm »
And yes, it sure has!  ::)

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 08:23:22 pm »

Looks like the forum is losing its vmx identity, to so much crap that is not even vmx related.
Is our sport suffering this much that we need to fill all the topic areas with stuff that has nothing in common with vmx motocross. ie Qantas B.S and manufacturing in OZ.
are we that bored or just want to talk shit for something to do.

Hey Hugo, I am the culprit of starting one of the threads you mention, even though it got off the track somewhat I thought general discussion was for all topics not just VMX.
I totally agree with GD66 if your not interested you don't have to read it.
If everyone lurked and left months between their contributions the forum would grind to a halt.

Stan.

Interestingly, below is thread started by vmx155 on the 9th of November 2010 and commented on by Hugo Stiglitz on that day.

Looks like the forum is loosing its vmx identity to so much crap that is not even vmx related is our sport suffering this much that we need to fill all the topic areas with stuff that has nothing in common with vmx motocross are we that bored or just what to talk shit for something to do

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 08:26:35 pm »
Topic done to death, yes it does get off track sometimes. I think we are all guilty of that.
Anyhow have a Winfield...  Still a great read and i allways like to check out who's doing who or what
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 08:51:45 pm »

Variety is good and there sure is plenty of that on here. Even when things go ti#s up between some members, it's not the end of the world. It would be good if this didn't happen too often, but out there in the wide blue yonder it happens with monotonous regularity. As has already been suggested, if something is not up your alley, keep looking until you find something. I guess we wouldn't get too far if we bought the local paper and then rang them to say that we won't keep buying it unless they stop this and change that; I think they would tell us where to go. WE ALL ARE THE FORUM so lets keep it nice, honest and constructive. I love my bikes just like the rest of ya's but I also think that the variety and number of non motorcycle discussions adds good balance and a dose of reality to the forum. Great for a laugh, to catch up on the latest, for a p#*s take, glean some facts or just to try and locate old mate who seems to have fallen off the planet. I don't think too many of us will forget our identity as far as VMX goes; after all we only occasionally do the odd thing that doesn't require a motorbike.  ;D ;)

albrid-3

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 08:52:54 pm »
Well, I put a new topic on this the other day, just to find out in there was a register or club for CZ owners, and had no reply, plenty of lookers but no commends, its like no body gives a shit.

mx250

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 09:07:46 pm »

If everyone lurked and left months between their contributions the forum would grind to a halt.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 09:41:50 pm »
The funnies aren't vmx but look at how many pages there are . I say post what ever just if you post something offensive one day you are going to meet at classic dirt or the Nats and some of us have long memories .
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club