Author Topic: Old MX pics  (Read 79838 times)

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Old MX pics
« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2012, 05:11:45 pm »
Quick guess going off basic shape of the tank badges would be Cotton

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2012, 06:39:01 pm »
Cotton Cobra circa mid sixties.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2012, 09:49:56 am »
[

Whats this one Birmingham Hubs,Starmaker Engine ??
This pic of Graeme is from my collection, and this was taken by my long time friend Ron Clark
 He took quite a lot of stuff with his trusty M3 Lieca, one of the great Kell Caruthers close-up getting into it at Oran Park on the fab. Honda four.
He recently told Ron that he had it mounted over his work bench over there.
 cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline GOOF

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 22, 2012, 12:38:46 pm »

I beleive this was the horrific day that we watched Antons accident  !!!         

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 22, 2012, 12:58:18 pm »
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I beleive this was the horrific day that we watched Antons accident  !!!         

G'day Ray, yes that was the sad day.

Regards Stan.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2012, 04:26:14 pm »
Yes ,xmas hills GN 1977. I think that the TT rider is Keith Stackers mate Rob Gordon.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Old MX flicks
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2013, 09:06:50 pm »
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2013, 09:52:19 pm »
Ok we gotta keep up with the Classic Dirt Track pic thread.  ;)  ;D
Heres one from David Fullston..I keep going back to this pic with the kid in the rails,the start gate style,mouth guards,helemt peaks and good quality leathers along with good quality riders  8)
Not the best copy but a good Aussie shot !! more info greatly appreciated  :)
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2013, 12:17:49 am »
see yourself  8)

Best is in the West !!

Offline cr4ever

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 27, 2013, 10:09:38 am »
Heres one from David Fullston..I keep going back to this pic with the kid in the rails,the start gate style,mouth guards,helemt peaks and good quality leathers along with good quality riders  8)

About to start Dave Fullston's Husky 400 #1 is a youthful looking ace tuner Jon "Hawkeye" Hawkins ( ex Ivan Miller). With a tank full of methanol, and a carby slide full of nitro, you can see that his hand is nowhere near the throttle as he starts the bike. Once Dave gives it a big rev on the line, the sponge above the throttle slide is compressed, the nitro is squirted into the carby and holeshot city here we come. We always wondered why Hawkeye never revved the bikes on the line after starting them.
Although my memory is not so good, I think Dave Fullston dominated in SA on this bike in 1977, winning the A grade star and the #1 plate for 1978. Although living in Qld now, last year he flew back to SA for the State VMX titles at Acusa Park and won the Evo 250 title on one of Don Bowey's CR250RZ's.
Jon Hawkins still lives in Adelaide but is over tuning bikes and is now an electrician with his own successful business. Presume that this shot ( and the next one with Dave as #01 alongside Steve Gall) is from Mr. Motocross series somewhere in Victoria in 1978?

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 03, 2013, 10:26:31 pm »
Here's a shot of the legendary Bill Watson from WA jumping his 1960 Maico 250 (inside line) at Herne Hill in the very early 60's. Bill's in his 80's and still races regularly and will be coming to race with his son Brian and a contingent of West Aussies to the Canberra Classic Nats later this year. Bill still owns the old iron barrel Maico and his son Brian (Watto HVA) has told me he'll run off some photos of it tomorrow which I'll post as soon as I get them.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2013, 10:44:10 pm »

About to start Dave Fullston's Husky 400 #1 is a youthful looking ace tuner Jon "Hawkeye" Hawkins ( ex Ivan Miller). With a tank full of methanol, and a carby slide full of nitro, you can see that his hand is nowhere near the throttle as he starts the bike. Once Dave gives it a big rev on the line, the sponge above the throttle slide is compressed, the nitro is squirted into the carby and holeshot city here we come. We always wondered why Hawkeye never revved the bikes on the line after starting them.
Although my memory is not so good, I think Dave Fullston dominated in SA on this bike in 1977, winning the A grade star and the #1 plate for 1978. Although living in Qld now, last year he flew back to SA for the State VMX titles at Acusa Park and won the Evo 250 title on one of Don Bowey's CR250RZ's.
Jon Hawkins still lives in Adelaide but is over tuning bikes and is now an electrician with his own successful business. Presume that this shot ( and the next one with Dave as #01 alongside Steve Gall) is from Mr. Motocross series somewhere in Victoria in 1978?

Not sure if this is a MR Motocross round or not because Gunter would've been running the #1 plate although with the Pepsi sign in the background it could be. #78 is Pelle Granquist

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2013, 10:48:36 pm »
see yourself  8)

Looks like a big Victorian race with local #4 Lucas Reynolds in the pic.. not familiar with the track.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 04, 2013, 08:45:41 am »
Wallan? J

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 04, 2013, 09:17:01 am »
Looks like Christmas Hills
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider