Author Topic: RWC  (Read 7639 times)

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
RWC
« on: September 09, 2011, 08:47:04 pm »
Sorry fellas ,could'nt find the old rugby thread but anyway it's all go, NZ snuck in, looking forward to AUS/ITA on sunday.

cheers Dale.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:32:07 pm by dalesween »

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: RWC
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 03:49:00 pm »
Geez no rugby followers all of a sudden?

Dale.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 05:03:44 pm »
All watching the rugby down here in Unzud!!!
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 06:09:57 pm »
Ahhh that's better, maybe it's just us Un Zudders that are into it at the mo.

cheers Dale

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 06:25:32 pm »
Early day's boy's, but gee we're gunna enjoy pinching the choc's from out of the Black's mouths.

oldfart

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 06:26:24 pm »
I here the public transport is not up to scratch ( running late ) as quite a few missed the opening.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 08:49:36 pm »
*Australia v Italy......Ugly first half but class won out in the second half. Italy defended well.
*USA v Ireland......USA played the game of their lives. Big USA flanker Tod Clever is world class and played a blinder. Ireland won't be in it at the end, relying on old farts like O'Gara and O'Driscoll isn't enough.
*Taffies v Saffies...Like the USA, I think Wales should have won..pity some poor kicking. The missed drop goal took the wind out of their sails. I can't see South Africa being there at the end.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 06:54:53 am »
I here the public transport is not up to scratch ( running late ) as quite a few missed the opening.

No that is quite the normal level of service, just the opening highlighted it.

Years ago I was standing on the wharf at Freemantle watching their tired old Diesel commuter trains being loaded on a ship..... thinking who would buy those POS .... the New Zealanders did ::) >:(
formerly Marc.com

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 09:34:17 am »
Come on All Blacks,let's get a bit of this going tomorrow.
cheers Dale.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 09:48:36 am »
com'on the 'Blacks.....
Don't know why but I see a Red V Yellow final with a Red winner in an upset......

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 12:14:23 pm »
Geez EML.. bit early in the day to be drinking :D

cheers Dale.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 12:22:02 pm »
Just thro'in it out there. I never get what I wish for so I'm praying hard.
Anyway-it's opening time---somewhere :D :D

TooFastTim

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 12:57:50 pm »
This is gonna get ugly...

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 03:17:17 pm »
Y'know, I'm not the biggest Quade Cooper fan, methinks he's a bit of a 'one trick pony' but I have this dream of him scoring the winning try and then converting it to put Unzud out of the RWC. Imagine the mayhem that'd cause at Eden Park no, all over New Zealand?  ;D ;D

All of this indignation over Cooper daring to throw a knee towards precious Richie's noggin' is a crock of media driven crap. Because I'm currently reasonably housebound with some health issues I've had the opportunity to catch up on most of the recent tests thanks to Fox Sports 24/7 rehash of old NZ v Australia games and if you watch some of the games from a year or two ago you can clearly see that Cheatin' Richie's been targeting Cooper for as long as he's been in the Wallaby lineup. After a while Cooper started to retaliate and that's when he became the much needed bad boy for the Kiwi's to vent their angst on, much like Aussies did against that nasty piece of shit, Richard Loe a few years ago. We all need somebody to use as a whipping boy and it appears that Cooper's the perfect candidate for it....and it's worked, the dumb bastard's fallen for every old intimidation trick in the book. His playing in the RWC has been below horrible with wayward kicks, missed tackles and awful passes, generally not handling the pressure at all.  However if he flukes getting his Mojo back and finally ingnores the onfield taunts and crowd boos, watch out All Blacks. As big a dickhead as Quade Cooper is, when he's on fire he's a dead set match winner. It's just a shame that it looks as if we won't have Kurtley Beale to play off him. Luckily we're not short of crafty backs, our problems have recently been in the scrums and at the breakdown but to our surprise, the big boys actually won the game for us against the Saffies (plus some dodgy refereeing decisions that went in our favour).

If NZ don't win this World Cup, I don't know if they ever can. They're a genuine class outfit with few weak links (if any)but with Carter out they're 10 points less a team, he was that important. Crook foot or not, Richie will still play a blinder and the clash at the breakdown between him and Pocock will be the showdown of the tournement.
My heart says.........Wales 22, France 15.........Australia 16, NZ 12.
My head says.........Wales 22, France 15.........Australia 12, NZ 16.

I'll be watching the Wales v France game at my beloved Randwick Rugby Club on the huge screen this evening.....Go Wales!! ;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 05:03:55 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

oldfart

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 04:23:06 pm »
Firko,  no no no........ Wales v   NZ Final         is my prediction.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:12:55 pm by oldfart »