Author Topic: New Harrisville Date  (Read 6703 times)

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
New Harrisville Date
« on: August 27, 2011, 06:42:50 pm »
Good news vmxers Harrisville is on again  :) new date is the 18th Sept, this will be replacing the third round of the club Championships, a new date for the championships is yet to be confirmed.

if you already entered and paid to ride at Harrisville last time, and intend to ride on the 18th, you still need to contact Lenore Galley A/H 0421 372 982

the new supp regs should be up soon!

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:49:00 pm by jackiemac »
Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Re: New Harrisville Date
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 09:09:33 pm »
I would like to see this Harrisville track , how dose one enter?
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 09:34:56 pm »
You can enter on the BMCC website

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 10:19:29 pm »
I'll be there Jack, might go to bed a bit earlier this time tho, was a bit foggy on Sunday last time, Greg is still in LA but will be back on Monday and he said that the 18th was fine by him............
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 10:16:37 am »
How close to Harrisville is the track?
I have been to Harrisville before and there is not much there. Can one camp at the track?
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 12:08:13 pm »
It's only a couple of K's and you can camp.....the owner usually has a stack of firewood to burn aswell.....see you there.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 12:42:19 pm »
It's only a couple of K's and you can camp.....the owner usually has a stack of firewood to burn aswell.....see you there.

Maybe we could have a small class of light beer together on Saturday night? ;D

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 01:41:05 pm »
Just talked to Greg, he got back fro the US this morning, he had 26mm of rain which is not much but he is going to do some more work on the track tomorrow. Slakewell the track is half way between Harrisville and Peak crossing, great spot to camp and yeah good bon fire to drink beer beside......... 8)
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 08:36:15 am »
Has anyone seen my dog that I took out there for a run the sat before the meeting was called off last time. He was chained to the back of my ute. I told him to 'sit' and not go out into the wind. Haven't seen him since.
Nice place to camp about 10mins up the road. Big beds, pool, shed to work on last minute adjustments. Bar fridge fully stocked, BBQ on high. 200 acres next door to do jetting and suspension adjustments.
Home made breakfast before I head out to the track.....anyone seen my dog??

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 07:09:58 am »
Is it OK to camp at the track on Sunday night as well?

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 07:53:53 am »
Camping no problem-you have to supply the drinks tho(for everyone). Plenty of fire wood-very nice way to spend a sat eve.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 10:53:29 am »
No wind this time but shite it got hot. 1.5hr lunch break so as to not fry too many and the last sidecar race was a cracker after some riders and passengers swapped about to even the field a bit. Blooded a newby on the Honda4 though they did headbutt the ground whilest going for an inside pass I believe.
My boy Mason made his debut and announced he would love to do more of it-"as long as it's on a winning bike" :D :D :D
So Ronny Chadwick better get the Yam to the tuners :D :D

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 05:13:58 pm »
Had a cracker of a time made some new friends , track is a great layout for pre 78 , a little smooth for evo but hey there getting the track ready for the pre 78 nats and evo don't count lots nice techie corners that flow well and for once plenty of places to pass.
Good to have a few beers with Brisbane boys, The land owner Greg is a top bloke who works well and above what he should to make it happen.
I need to sharpen my pencil a little thou even KTM power didn't work every time, there is some fast guys up there.

mainline

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 10:29:13 pm »
Ditto, great track, thanks Greg and others for all the efforts. First couple of corners in practice were a bit interesting, should send the sidecars out first to fling all the loose stuff into the stratosphere  ;D

Excellent layout though, fast, flowing with jumps that work for all eras, looking forward to the Nats!!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 10:21:45 am »
Had a cracker of a time made some new friends , track is a great layout for pre 78
there is some fast guys up there.
Geez Slakey you had 090 and Maico Man in your sites into the first corner in the last page a sequince of pics -well #38 KTM gave em jip and a hurry on anyway!  :P 
You can spot the odd fast riders in the pic also ride moderns-they have the old habit of doing whips over the jumps  ;D

Good show alright  :P  Great to see some familer bikes and riders/passengers still at it  8)
http://vmxshotz.com/site/#/gallery/harrisville-sept-2011/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:32:04 am by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!