Author Topic: New Harrisville Date  (Read 6700 times)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Re: New Harrisville Date
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 12:48:52 pm »
Thanks for the link to the pics , Have to get the clutch work properly for next time I couldn't put the bike in gear until the lights went green and then I had to start in first gear. 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 07:23:07 pm »
what did you all think of the green light, it was easy for me as i gave you's the 5 second  board then  FLICK OF THE SWITCH and away you's went. Only one bike jumped the start all day and that came down to a worn clutch.  looking forward to being on the other side of the start line soon.
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 08:32:40 am »
a fair bit of technology there mr Foxy :D
certainly much easier from your point of view-a wee bit vague from ours-but that's ok.
with some fine tuning you could set it up so you wouldn't need to leave the bar....just press send on your phone :D :D :D
then get the IT kids onto it and you might not even have to leave the house 8) 8) 8)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 12:58:20 pm »
Crap idea, where it's used( Roadracing, V8 supercars etc ) they start in a staggered line with rows....pole position etc, so it's easy to see who jumps, in a straight line not so easy....rubberband or gates is the best....you would have nothing but shitfights at a National meeting using that setup....there, I'll be in trouble now. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 03:44:02 pm »
next it will be ahnd on your head 60's desert style..  or what about the old lemans style start.- run to the bike and start it style.

lets go fully retro sic...
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

oldfart

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 04:02:47 pm »
I'm old school and preferr gates and rubber bands ..... it catches the early birds out ;D 
Green light's would be fine for club social days and the like, but not real good when points are involved.

Hey Foxy Girl .... did you manage to figure out why your bikes are nipping  up  ???

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 05:35:59 pm »
i have suggested hand on helmet starts to col,but evidently some peopole whinged due to the fact banging em into gear will break gearboxes .lemans start fantastic ,bring out the defibulaters for fat old men having run ;D

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 06:10:11 pm »
thats a easy one,  keep the young fella off them. will pull them down this weekend and have a look. i gave the cr what for at the flat track nats so it was due, the 400 not so shure on as the top end was fresh. i like the gates or bands myself, run the band and end up with a burning pain on ya gut.   been there and done that.. at least the club is trying out different things. all is good. 8)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2011, 07:48:08 pm »
Crap idea, where it's used( Roadracing, V8 supercars etc ) they start in a staggered line with rows....pole position etc, so it's easy to see who jumps, in a straight line not so easy....rubberband or gates is the best....you would have nothing but shitfights at a National meeting using that setup....there, I'll be in trouble now. ;D
I gotta agree with Davey.. It makes it easy for the operator but it's a shambles for the riders. There'll be so many jumped starts at a National.
It works in roadracing where you have electronics and video replays to show someone jump the start but it won't work in mx with a field of 30 riders when 10 jump the start and you have to waste valuable time with restarts over and over.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2011, 08:02:14 pm »
If you make the races longer, the start is not so important, and Harrisville is the sort of track that suits slow starters that can do some planning and pick riders off.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 10:06:15 pm »
Well that'ill rule you out Vaughn, you cant even finish a short race..... ;Dby the way, young Benjiman was doing some lap times on Sunday, and 2minutes 50 was an average time so the fasrest guys would probably be doing 20? secs less....nice long track with a fast ave speed. 8)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline sa63

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 06:37:05 am »
my 5 cents, the green light was crap!the Rubber band is more of an equalizer. I would prefer just a drop of the 5 second board even! There was some comment of the green light being hard to see for some of the older eyesas well.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 08:02:01 am »
The green light is the worst start idea I've used , it would be a disastrous idea for the nats. Harrisville track has plenty of overtaking and good lines in the corners but with dust picking up your very important braking spots makes or breaks you there. At the nats people will jump the starts unless you have gates. Now Brisbane club had transportable gates at Cheerybar nats so were did they come from? 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2011, 04:49:18 pm »
its not the clubs idea i was advised by greg and col that they where not allowed to run the rubber band for  the event next year.   if anyone has something better to use let them know. other wise get some better glass's boys . for those in the know as always the fastest of the fastet will turn up and blow us club boys away. i will be happy just to ride in the event......thats my $5.50 worth as i had to watch all you lucky people ride that day...... 8)

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 10:20:55 am »
I have never advised anyone on starting gates or lackey bands, for the simple reason I don't know. GCRs rule 17.8.1.5.a states in effect "backward falling gates unless otherwise determined by SRs". This suggests it is open to the organisers and approval of the SRs.
Regarding 2012 Nats starting proceedure, it hasn't been discussed yet.