Author Topic: What is this thing called carbon tax?  (Read 79816 times)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What is this thing called carbon tax?
« Reply #225 on: July 11, 2011, 05:53:52 pm »
Now that was a relief… I woke up this morning and the sun was still shining. The end of the world didn't arrive as predicted…  :)
I might just go outside and smell the CO2.

and the good serf's will be paying their penance to high priests and lords for as long as the sun shines.

mx250

« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2011, 05:57:00 pm »
I thought the response to the P.M.s  C T plan by the mad monk was pathetic.
 Instead of any proper critique of the thing all he did was go on with the same old rubbishing talk without any definitive critisism.

;) I couldn't agree more 8).

The Mad Monk's solution is to grow more trees ::). God helps us. Is this guy serious, is this the depth of thinking within the Liberal Party?. Lord help us.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2011, 05:58:20 pm »
and the good serf's will be paying their penance to high priests and lords for as long as the sun shines.
[/quote]

Pretty sad when paying the fine looks like a better alternative than voting for the current candidates, still may be stirred into exercising my democratic right and voting for the other team.
formerly Marc.com

Curly3

« Reply #228 on: July 11, 2011, 06:03:15 pm »
BLAHHHHDY BLOODY BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Are we still going on about this, 15 pages in one week and nothing directly related to old bikes.
If it was the other way round Labor would be bagging it if they thought they'd score a points decision.
At the end of the day it aint gunna change the world one iota, just give whoever's in power more of an excuse to pick our pockets.
We're over-governed and that's by imbiciles.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 11, 2011, 06:14:34 pm »
Well last time I looked we still have the right to vote and just perusing the list you are really spoilt for choice in NSW, not so much in WA so lets assume they are completely happy.

We have the Hunters and Fishers, the Fishers and Lifestyle, Fred Niles, choice is endless

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_political_parties
formerly Marc.com

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2011, 06:20:14 pm »
Would that be $23 a ton + GST or is GST included ?
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

mx250

« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2011, 06:34:06 pm »
Would that be $23 a ton + GST or is GST included ?
No, it's a tax on a tax ::).

But if you are a producer or wholesaler you can claim the GST credits. But for the consumer it's a tax on a tax.

mx250

« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2011, 06:39:42 pm »
BLAHHHHDY BLOODY BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Are we still going on about this, 15 pages in one week and nothing directly related to old bikes.

Build a bridge, get over it :D.

232 posts,   2579 viewings I would guess there is interest ;).

Maybe you'll just change the name of the forum to VMX and Grumpy Old Men; sex, religion, politics and the occasional "I remember when I was a boy......"  ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:57:06 pm by mx250 »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 11, 2011, 06:53:26 pm »
I'm, almost sorry I started this one...

Curly3

« Reply #234 on: July 11, 2011, 07:06:51 pm »
Hey, leave SEX out of it, we're old.
Friction causes heat, you know what I mean.
Come to think of it, it's the only true form of re-newable energy.
You only need a half hour's rest and it's on again.
Actually that was 20 years ago, at least a day now.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:17:13 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 11, 2011, 08:02:18 pm »
  When it's all said and done the only people we should be blaming are the green voters.  Without them giving the greens the balance of power which in turn allowed them to twist Labors arm we would not have the bloody thing.  I also think if things were reversed and the libs had won  power with support of the greens then the same thing would be happening with a carbon tax and labor would be screaming like stuck pigs telling us it is a bad tax and unnecessary.
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #236 on: July 12, 2011, 08:13:53 am »
I suppose no-one noticed that the first "Aussie Family" that Julia visited yesterday in Emu Plains just happened to be carbon tax supporters...  ::)

And she said she was going to do the "hard sell"  :o

Fortunately the journalists did happen to notice the other 11 familes in the street weren't as keen to support this nonsense.  ;D

And of course, Julia didn't really want to meet them to try and change their minds.  That WOULD be a hard sell.  ;)

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 12, 2011, 08:28:37 am »
If I decide to  be cremated at my funeral who gets charged for the carbon release? Me (or my estate) or the funeral parlour? I've been paying GST on my carbon and then they'll tax it again! ::)
 I can imagine the furore at the service when the pack of greenies are debating whether the carbon release from the CO2 extinguisher they want to use to extinguish my corpse will be less damaging than the release from the cremation. :D

WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 12, 2011, 08:48:13 am »
If I decide to  be cremated at my funeral who gets charged for the carbon release? Me (or my estate) or the funeral parlour? I've been paying GST on my carbon and then they'll tax it again! ::)
 I can imagine the furore at the service when the pack of greenies are debating whether the carbon release from the CO2 extinguisher they want to use to extinguish my corpse will be less damaging than the release from the cremation. :D

See how complicated these new taxes can get. ;D

Betcha the powers to be hadn,t factored this one in. :o
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2011, 08:54:03 am »
Hmmm, this may sound harsh but seeing that I will in some way be paying for the carbon released into our part of the atmosphere, my agenda is to put as as much fuel through whatever I can and rape & pillage as much country side as humanly possible in what ever time I have left on this planet. I'll let the greenies worry about it out when I'm gone, but until then it's on!
K