Author Topic: What is this thing called carbon tax?  (Read 79796 times)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What is this thing called carbon tax?
« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2011, 04:44:42 pm »
And where did I suggest that I thought the compensation wasn't about politics?
What did it have to do with my comment about wealth redistribution?

here :- Wait, what? I've been reaing about how the "Transfer of wealth" is all about taking money from the hard working wealthy to give to the lazy bludgers, and now its about giving it to the bankers?

Its all politics.I said that the promise of compensation was a ploy to win over support -and thats all-

The real transfer of wealth will happen when they get enough countries to implement a carbon tax and then sign an agreement ,like they tried in Copenhagen.

You need to reread, with a lot more care and attention to what has actually been written.
Until then, feel free to keep shooting down what you think I think.
you have absolutely no idea of whats going on .You stoop to suggest that someone is not sober,a troll or doesn't understand etctc.is that all you have? a sad figure.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 04:50:06 pm by motomaniac »

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 10, 2011, 04:46:55 pm »
We are not supposed to be living in a feudal system .
We are now so close to the truth . :o
I have wondered about the similaritys between a feudal system and ours.

We just took another step towards it didn't we?

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2011, 05:08:50 pm »
Another factor that is hidden in the debate about the Carbon Tax is the fact that an entirely new Government department has to be set up to administer the whole thing.  This is not, of course, going to come cheap.  ???

but of course, it does buy votes.  ::)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2011, 06:09:16 pm »
Another factor that is hidden in the debate about the Carbon Tax is the fact that an entirely new Government department has to be set up to administer the whole thing.  This is not, of course, going to come cheap.  ???

but of course, it does buy votes.  ::)

yep.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 10, 2011, 09:33:32 pm »
And where did I suggest that I thought the compensation wasn't about politics?
What did it have to do with my comment about wealth redistribution?

here :- Wait, what? I've been reaing about how the "Transfer of wealth" is all about taking money from the hard working wealthy to give to the lazy bludgers, and now its about giving it to the bankers?

Its all politics.I said that the promise of compensation was a ploy to win over support -and thats all-

The real transfer of wealth will happen when they get enough countries to implement a carbon tax and then sign an agreement ,like they tried in Copenhagen.

You need to reread, with a lot more care and attention to what has actually been written.
Until then, feel free to keep shooting down what you think I think.
you have absolutely no idea of whats going on .You stoop to suggest that someone is not sober,a troll or doesn't understand etctc.is that all you have? a sad figure.

Look, you've obviously got a problem with me because everytime we interact you're taking swipes.
Whatever.
But FFS, at least have a go at me for the stuff I have said, not just the crap that goes on in your own mind.

Stuff like "you can't be that naive to believe the promise of compensation is any more than an effort to win support for the tax" has no basis in what I've said or even implied. I've made an honest effort to explain stuff that I've said that you haven't understood, but you just keep pulling more shit out of the random box.

And yes, I have just re-read all 15 pages, including the first page, where I said "Problem is that the govt is too chicken shit to say that, so they ponce around telling us that hardly anyone will be worse off."  :-*

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 09:35:22 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 10, 2011, 11:09:55 pm »

[/quote]

Look, you've obviously got a problem with me because everytime we interact you're taking swipes.
Whatever.
But FFS, at least have a go at me for the stuff I have said, not just the crap that goes on in your own mind.

Stuff like "you can't be that naive to believe the promise of compensation is any more than an effort to win support for the tax" has no basis in what I've said or even implied. I've made an honest effort to explain stuff that I've said that you haven't understood, but you just keep pulling more shit out of the random box.
[/quote]

oh sorry I inferred that you might be so naive. That must have been in one of my drunken,fear mongering,trolling ,misunderstanding moments. Lol you are a scream!

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 11, 2011, 08:24:49 am »
Now that was a relief… I woke up this morning and the sun was still shining. The end of the world didn't arrive as predicted…  :)
I might just go outside and smell the CO2.

And just for good measure, to add to my monday morning smile is the continuing news that poor old Rupert Murdoch is still in the ever deepening shit over the News of the World Scandal. Can I see chickens coming home to roost, or is it just a bit of long overdue karma? Either way it couldn't happen to a more worthy recipient. Happy days!!!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 11, 2011, 08:38:30 am »
Yet again we have another Tax were they take our money and give some of it back.
Here is a new idea why not just take less to start with?  >:(
So a whole new department will be setup to administer this new tax at huge cost. The way this country is going we will soon have all our wages taken from us and just live on Guberment hand out's, that way they really have by the balls and control your vote.
Real Freedom is long gone in this country.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 11, 2011, 09:24:42 am »
Nathan/MM - STOP - just agree to disagree - don't become personal and just end it eh!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 11, 2011, 09:30:37 am »
Actually Slakewell, raising the tax free threshold partly does that.
Based on what's been announced, its actually a (modest) reoraganisation of the tax structure - stuff like raising the tax free threshold is actually very sensible and long overdue.

Rossco, sounds good to me.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 11, 2011, 12:10:55 pm »

Guy I knew had 2 credit cards but no money to pay them off so he,d withdraw from one to repay the other and visa-versa .
Worked well , apparently . ;D
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 11, 2011, 02:39:30 pm »
. The way this country is going we will soon have all our wages taken from us and just live on Guberment hand out's, that way they really have by the balls and control your vote.
Real Freedom is long gone in this country.

That is a politicians wet dream right there.  I've often said why don't they just cut to the chase, take all our money and give us food, fuel and rent vouchers.

Problem is when they spend all the money they wont be able to introduce new taxes.  Although they could print more and give us pay rises. ;D

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 11, 2011, 05:34:36 pm »
 I thought the response to the P.M.s  C T plan by the mad monk was pathetic.
 Instead of any proper critique of the thing all he did was go on with the same old rubbishing talk without any definitive critisism.
 The A.B.C journos did a far better job at pointing out problem areas in the plan.
 Reminds me of the useless rubbish that R Askin lost his last state election with.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

oldfart

« Reply #223 on: July 11, 2011, 05:46:12 pm »
Problem is Pancho.... Labour have no idea either  ??? ABC did  a report on shutting down a coal fired power station ( Hazelwood )  that  generates 25 % of Victorias power and have no back up as of yet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazelwood_Power_Station

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 11, 2011, 05:52:15 pm »
Well the old CT kicked off well down at the stock exchange with Alcoa shares dropping 3.2% and Virgin 2.5% .... like striking the economy with s stunning mallet and then cutting its throat Halal style.

But other than that the world is still turning and I think the cost of pork in China will finally have far more effect on the lucky country.
formerly Marc.com