Author Topic: Daves wake up call pt 2  (Read 1531 times)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Daves wake up call pt 2
« on: June 21, 2011, 08:16:38 am »
if the (dishonest) hat fits then wear it and this community should be aware of it
feedback below   

THIS WAS NOT EVEN HIS FRAME TO SELL BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Buyer: fox8062 ( 379)     28-Jun-11 15:24   
    CZ 360 sidepiper frame VMX (#120728558752)   AU $450.00   View Item   
 fox8062
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:04:29 pm by paul »

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Daves wake up call pt 2
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 08:46:42 am »
So now it’s hang shit on Dave week.

Anyone that buys and sells will get caught out unknowingly selling something that isn’t quite right.
Dave may have sold a few bad deals, but I also know guys that are happy to buy from him.
You have to take every deal on its merits and not jump in blinded by the daydreams of a new toy.

So he took advantage of something that turned up on his doorstep.
Some see black and white, others see shades of grey.
Credit where credit’s due, he seems to have gone out of his way to set things right.
Brad, did you rip the sender a new one too?
It could also be said that you were lucky it went to Dave by mistake and not some other complete stranger as the frame may never have been found.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

mx250

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 08:57:45 am »
I think for OzVMX and legal reasons everyone should be most circumspect when reporting and commenting on these matters.

There is 'the public's right to know' defence in law and good service to the VMX community in reporting but it should be the offence should be absolutely blatant and serious, and facts should be provable (documented) 'beyond reasonable doubt'  for the matter to be reportable and constructive.

I think the standard should be 'If it hasn't been worth while to report it to the police, don't report it here'. Otherwise OzVMX will be turned into a Bitch Pit and will self destruct.

If the wish is for public learning and awareness then it should be reported generalised, non-specific and not personalised. Careful choice of words can get the message across and give everyone a pretty good idea of who or what type of person to avoid. The rest can be sorted by P.M. and standing around CD9 camp fires.

This standard should apply to forum members, Ebay sellers, the general m/c community and the general public et al.

(None of the above is criticism of 090 or anyone else, just my .01 cents worth :P).

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 09:06:25 am »
The point has been made, we are all aware of it.. does this need to drag on forever like a lot of the other shit on here??
Lets get back to talking about all the goods things VMX!

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 09:22:09 am »
So now it’s hang shit on Dave week.

Anyone that buys and sells will get caught out unknowingly selling something that isn’t quite right.
Dave may have sold a few bad deals, but I also know guys that are happy to buy from him.
You have to take every deal on its merits and not jump in blinded by the daydreams of a new toy.

So he took advantage of something that turned up on his doorstep.
Some see black and white, others see shades of grey.
Credit where credit’s due, he seems to have gone out of his way to set things right.
Brad, did you rip the sender a new one too?
It could also be said that you were lucky it went to Dave by mistake and not some other complete stranger as the frame may never have been found.

It is alleged that Allbrid-3 appears to have received an item he did not purchase, made no attempt whatsoever to find out why he recevied it or who it was intended for, and then immediately placed it on eBay and sold it.

That is either incredibly dumb or blatently dishonest.  :-\

Regardless of the motive, it was the WRONG thing to do and acting all apologetic after you have been found out does not really change that fact.

I think it is absolutely correct that such behaviour needs to be brought to the attention of the VMX community, as I would certainly want to know about people who (allegedly) do such things.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 10:06:09 am »
I agree Ajay. But I also make the point that such things need to be accurately reported, and once that is done, we need to move on. Further discussion regarding character and motive can be deemed slanderous. That's why I removed some posts yesterday, and also asked Brad to take care with his comments.

So I will repeat, for the good of all, and especially me, what's done is done and what's been said has been said. No more please.