Author Topic: jack hogg moruya  (Read 6463 times)

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
jack hogg moruya
« on: February 17, 2008, 01:44:45 PM »
how was this dirt track meeting lads???

magoo

Re: jack hogg moruya
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 06:23:34 PM »
Unreal. Started about midday with the finals finishing about 9:30pm. Kev Crossey hitting the tyre wall at 180kph (maybe 50) and doing a single handed double backflip Superman seat grab and walked away. Ozzie Austin sandbagging and coming out like a rocketship. They ran over 100 races throughout the day and everyone walked away with the biggest smiles you've ever seen. My first Jack Hogg but it is certainly a must do for the future.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 06:57:03 PM »
Great day it was. Plenty of good close races with Classes for everyone.The "Superman" off the tyre wall was X-Games Gold-well done big fella. A big turn out of some really nice old machines,with riders from Cowra,Griffith, Sydney etc etc.Get along if you havn't been,you won't be sorry.PS: Don't forget the tear- offs.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 09:35:29 PM »
Sounds like a good day to me. Mind you, the Crusty Demons were pretty good too... Errr yeah...

Leanne Gordon from OzEvent Photo sent me this to post up fpr all those that attended:

"I would just like to thank all the riders that made a huge effort to travel from as far away as Coffs Harbour to come and take part in the 2008 Jack Hogg Classic. I feel that it was one of the best yet with some absolutely fantastic racing (thanks guys and gal) and just an overall exciting feeling over the whole day.

After been at the track for over 12 hours on Saturday I only had one small complaint from one rider at the end of round 1, which yes I will admit was a bit slow but that is pretty typical of first rounds at most meetings. He was worried that we would only get through three rounds but I just told him "to have faith". Well, we did get through the full five rounds or 136 events with only a couple of incidences where we needed the medics. I am happy to say that both of these riders managed to keep riding the remainder of the day although Kevin "Superman" Crossey did seem a bit stiff and sore when he came up to collect his trophy at presentation.

After a long day or should I say a long few weeks getting everything ready I fell into bed to not a greats night sleep as I was still buzzing only to wake up on Sunday morning to a very clean pit area. Thanks heaps for using the bins as this saved me alot of work on Sunday picking up rubbish. I would also like to thank Steve Croker's dad who I found on Sunday morning walking around the spectactor area collecting rubbish up there.

Once again thanks to help make this years Jack Hogg Classic a great success and here's to making the 2009 Jack Hogg Coastal Classic better again and hopefully you will all be back with your racing mates."

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 09:49:29 PM »
Thanks  must go to  Leanne, and Co.
Huge event,
I took 2 bikes,  that gave me 25 rides , over 100 laps , even got whistles from the crowd when I  feel  off on front "straight"
 absolutely stuffed,
Cheers
Noel
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:00:20 PM by Noel »

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 07:16:32 PM »
Yes , Great Event, Great People, Great Racing, Thanks to the Organizers , Marchels ,Flagies. The Yamaha 500 cup races where a lot of fun. Managed to get into the feature race, {some of the fast blokes must have went home and left a spot for us optimists, Dennis and I}some very exiting first corner ,under lights action. Great Stuff!
Couple of CR`s

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »
thats great you all had a good day, and no serious injuries throughout the meeting. I really wanted to be there for the event, but had to go to temora to set the riverina race dates for the year for the ACTMCC Dirt Track.
 Race Secretarys job never ends, see the great events I get to miss out on!!!!!!
Great to see a good feild off classics turn up for this event.
The ACTMCC dirt track race dates are now set in concrete for the year, with our grand reopening dirt track on 20th april.
First dirt track race meeting since we were closed down in August 2005.
32 months later we will be up and racing again.......
Hope we can get some good support in canberra for our grand reopening race meeting, and with also the lead up to the AUSSIE DT NATS!!!

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 10:34:16 PM »
Hi fella's
 The Jack hogg was a blast thanks to u guys I would not of know there was such a fun meeting if not for the website,The meeting was relaxed and casual . It was great to meet some of you ,fellow old bike riders and see some tidy machines. The pizza was'nt to bad after the race either. Thanx for the beer.
The Aussie tittles at Canberra should be excellent with a bit of a resurge after Wagga last year. We should try to have an Over 35 yrs allpowers support race & Aces invitation to give us all an extra ride.
Trying to get Len Norris to throw his leg back over the JAP again to ride the titles,but it may take a few beers to persuade the old bloke as he ran an angle grinder through his left wrist 18 mths ago and has not got much strenght in it as it cut through all the tendions & main artery.

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 09:40:48 AM »
will do grasy,will run support over 35 and  aces invitation

firko

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 10:05:27 AM »
Here's some shots from the Jack Hogg meeting, courtesy of Husky 67.

Magoo sets his sights on #27 and then victory! Magoo, a Honda tragic, was riding sponsor Husky 67s immaculate Husky 400 at the meeting. The Honda Jersey was as close to flying the Honda flag as he could get.

The start Anybody recognise the racers?

Mark Austin looking stylish on his Bully ahead of Shoey (Husky 61) and Les Richters on a Maico naturally

Magoo attempts an outside pass on Jens Olsen

If the outside pass doesn't work, try the inside. Magoo and Jens Olsen still fighting it out.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 10:11:26 AM by firko »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 12:15:56 PM »
no 7 on the elsinore is brett chipperfeild at the start stgmcc

Mark Austin

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 05:55:57 PM »
Hi lads,

Moruya was a great event. A very relaxed meeting with a dignified start time (right up my alley...).
The races were great, I reckon I did about 70 laps! I could hardly walk the next day.
I had my first race on John Cochrane's old Mk 5 Pursang, which went like a rocket! I even pipped Magoo in the Pre 75 Open Final ; )

I've included a few photos.

All in all a great weekend and thanks to everyone who helped put together a brilliant Jack Hogg Classic.

Cheers,
Mark.

magoo

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 05:58:07 PM »
Who's that bloke on his arse?

Mark Austin

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »
No idea.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 07:33:20 PM »
I was on my way to work on Saturday morning about 20 past 8 driving through south Nowra and I saw a real nice  8) old 70's blue ford ute with two old bikes in the back and I thought Jack Hogg you lucky buggers. jimson
Just a balless freak having a go