Author Topic: TP's & the quest for the HolyGrail  (Read 12868 times)

eno

TP's & the quest for the HolyGrail
« on: August 07, 2007, 09:28:31 am »
Legend has it that when Robert & DeCoster were employed by CZ the factory issued them with the new "side piper" models...apparently it wasn't long before they wanted their twin ports back!. They were that good.

Siege, http://www.siegecraftnw.com/VDR.htm  kindly allowed me to borrow this pic. This is so cool, a nicely restored example of a 250 twin port being raced in the here & now, not hidden away in a collectors vault.

eno

Re: TP's & the quest for the HolyGrail
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 09:18:54 am »
CZ 360 type 969, awesome addition to the "twin pipe" files. Image from AHRMA Northwest motocross;
http://www.100megsfree3.com/ahrmanw/index.htm

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 01:20:55 pm »
Always enjoy the pics ya post Eno :)
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

eno

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 10:14:40 am »
My pleasure DJ, here's Joel Robert doin' what he did best on a TP...

oldscooler

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 03:41:57 pm »
CZ 360 type 969, awesome addition to the "twin pipe" files. Image from AHRMA Northwest motocross;
http://www.100megsfree3.com/ahrmanw/index.htm

This is Kevin Blackburns 360. He also races a 250 TP. Have a look at mine i just picked up last week. Check it out on my website.

Eric

Offline Tim37

• C-Grade
  • Its an investment ...had to buy it !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 01:17:49 pm »
Legend has it that when Robert & DeCoster were employed by CZ the factory issued them with the new "side piper" models...apparently it wasn't long before they wanted their twin ports back!. They were that good.

Siege, http://www.siegecraftnw.com/VDR.htm  kindly allowed me to borrow this pic. This is so cool, a nicely restored example of a 250 twin port being raced in the here & now, not hidden away in a collectors vault.

Offline DG 26

• B-Grade
  • 250H 125D it490 looking for pre75bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 07:21:52 pm »
Giday all  :)
where do I get one?  ;D ;D

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 09:31:27 pm »
Its no. 1 on my to get list! Thanks for the pics Eno

eno

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 01:49:09 pm »
Merry Xmas to all...

Ian P

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 01:53:16 pm »
Thanks Eno :) That's got to be on the top of the list next 8)

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 07:50:07 pm »
I was hovering around that TP and the Jawa all weekend, awesome bits of gear. Apparently Roger D chipped the TP saying there were a few things not correct on it ( ???) to which Russell said he had a better one at home  :o . I only want one!

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 09:35:10 pm »
DONT WORRY BUD,  IM ON IT   

Ji Gantor

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 10:54:31 pm »
Please Paul Please, can you keep an eye open for me too.

Don't let my wife find out, I have already purchased 5 bikes since Christmas.

Gulp, where am I going to put them all?

Offline Tim37

• C-Grade
  • Its an investment ...had to buy it !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 10:42:17 am »
I seached and hunted for 16 years to get my 66 250 , thank god for Dave Alsop bike finder extrordinare ! He spotted it in NZ think it was seen poking out of a bog in the second Lord of the Rings movie?

Anyway mine is almost all there just missing an ignition cover . Alloy  airbox being made- found a tank on ebay uk and snapped it up only a week after getting the bike ! 

They are really a great bike to ride power is not much but so smooth the bike feels much better than a sidepipe and cog is so low you can corner much quicker as if on a rail .
  I raced Boagys ratty 68 in sheparton in the 90s and finished third on a fast sandy track againt all the pre 75s Boagy won on his Ossa Drake was not that far ahead on a deadly quick Can Am ......

I think importing from os is the only way to nab one now . I also rode a 360 in the uk at a big meeting in 98 " it was good but not as easy to ride as the little 250 as its so short with a lot more torque ...still if one came up I wouldnt knock it back ..............

firko

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 11:04:56 am »
Tim....I remember having a putter on Boagys 250 twin piper at Tanunda back in 1995 and couldn't believe how rooted it was! No compression at all. Naturally he won the pre 65 250* class on it!
*I'm getting all misty remembering when there were enough starters to actually hold a 250 pre 65 class. Let's hope that over the next couple of years enough come out of the woodwork to revive the class.