Author Topic: My new bike transporter  (Read 13428 times)

firko

Re: My new bike transporter
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 06:34:07 pm »
You'd be surprised how Hi tech I can be Lozza. There's more to me than what you read on these pages.
The Motec is actually a bit of a mix'n'match combo of Motec M600 ECU and Wolf wiring harness and injector pump hardware and another unknown brand adjustable exhaust temp sensor. I got the whole set up in a swap for some Chevy go fast bits with a guy who had blown his road racing V12 E type and was going back to running a 6 cylinder. It took a bit of fiddling with the Bosch injectors but once I fitted the adjustable exhaust heat sensor it all started to fall into place. My old mechanic is the genius behind it and I must admit it's far from perfected yet. The engine it came off was out to 6.6 litres and mine is still 5.3 litres so the fuel flow mapping is still a bit out but it now goes like stink and gets  better MPG compared to stock. They reckon it's worth 100 bhp and I wouldn't be surprised. The next mod will be a cold air induction system with K&N filters, similar to what they ran on Gossys Bathurst Jag. Then it will breath (and sound) a lot better. As it is I'm pretty pleased with it. Unfortunately the Jag has the old BW C6 (pre turbo 400) trans which restricts any major improvements. Eventually I hope to fit a Supra 5 speed which should make her a lot nicer to drive.

Offline bingil 6

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 12:39:09 pm »
Jesus Firko, mate I'm a mechanic buy trade but all that spaghetti under the bonnet of that rocket of yours still scares the shit out of me, It surprises me how much trouble those car manufactures go to just to burn a bit of fossil fuel Cheers

oldfart

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 09:08:37 pm »
Plenty of horses here , fuel economy shit house , plug changes  easy as ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

firko

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 04:13:13 pm »
Good one Old Fart. There's nothing like a good, cranky small block Chevy to get the blood pumping. In that sweet Torana of yours obviously.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 06:20:51 pm by firko »

mainline

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 10:17:22 pm »
my old bike transporter

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 10:25:07 pm by mainline »

mx250

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 11:24:37 pm »

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 09:49:52 pm »
ok then heres my new bike transporter  ::) well not really new have had her for a while
it is registered but if i bring it to classic dirt i would have to leave now ;D

follow me to first turn

mainline

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 08:06:20 pm »
cool, flat black with a mexican blanket interior!!

Quicksilver

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 08:34:32 pm »

Tony T

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 09:08:10 pm »
Holy crap, Quicky! I didn't realise you were so short..................  ;D
No wonder you're into XR75's.................  ;)

Quicksilver

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 11:48:20 pm »
 ;D ;D Being so tiny has its benefits Tony. Many unique career options you know. Good money to made poseing as a model for trophy companies  ::).........Going to the shopping centers looking at all those lovely ladies in short skirts is a whole new experience when you 2 foot tall.. 8) ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 11:50:37 pm by Quicksilver »

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 12:19:51 am »

That "little prick" must be compensating for something  ??? ;)
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2008, 08:02:15 am »
That monstrosity is a graphic illustration of what is wrong with the mentality of some of our US friends. You have got to be kidding!!!!

You could make a fortune with 'WANKER' numberplates with this kind of idiot.

F#&king Hell what a KNOB!!! And you will probably find out that this is his small car for the 'wife' to use to go the the mall.
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

mx250

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2008, 09:37:17 am »
That monstrosity is a graphic illustration of what is wrong with the mentality of some of our US friends. You have got to be kidding!!!!

You could make a fortune with 'WANKER' numberplates with this kind of idiot.

F#&king Hell what a KNOB!!! And you will probably find out that this is his small car for the 'wife' to use to go the the mall.
VMX42
Gee, a bit harsh  :o.

Although I often wonder at the judgment and/or stupidity, and the psychological health and motivation of my fellow humans, I try never to be surprised.

To this guy the object is probably a display of wealth and ingenuity rather than anything practical or needed. Nothing wrong with that I suppose, except how his choices impact on the rest of us.......

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2008, 10:27:18 am »
Hi Graeme,
Funny I thought I was holding back my true feelings.
I really can't imagine why you would bother, what a useless impractical piece of shite that thing is. I bet it never sees the dirt, and I really love the alloy wheels. Can't have it getting too heavy now can we.

It has been said that your actions speak louder than your words and to me his actions SCREAM - WANKER!!!!!
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"