Author Topic: woooooooa  (Read 4711 times)

mx250

Re: woooooooa
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 09:21:53 am »
Be interesting to see how desirable they really are in the UK.
Well, at least it will sound cheaper asking GBP40,000 ;D

firko

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 09:32:12 am »
He'd be better off trying to sell it in the UK, i don't think Americans have much interest in those pommy built bikes.
You'd be surprised just how popular those "Pommy Bikes" are in the USA John. Even though CCM's and their Rickman Metisse predecessors were made in the UK, the majority were sold in the US. Trick framed bikes are more a part of the American motocross culture than anywhere else.

Having said that, even a filthy rich American IT squillionaire with greenbacks to burn would'nt be so stupid to want that CCM for that price. No sane person would, no matter where they live.

211kawasaki

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 09:34:38 am »
tell it like it is Firko! ;D

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 09:39:53 am »
I've never seen many CCM's in the US Firko they seem to be much more interested in their own C&J's etc.
Most of the CCM's etc i've seen for sale in the US have been reasonably priced but that's probably just their economy.

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 09:59:45 am »
Hey GMC if their worth that much you better put some more locks on Daryl's 79 frame ;D

Stan.

This is the sellers Q & A's at the moment.

Q:  Hi Bob, Why does the bike not run? Why did you remove the original engine? Do you have more pix? I figure you are trying to figure out value with your asking price... It probably is not worth much more than an original HL 500. One that ran and was used only for trail riding just sold on eBay a month ago for $6600. It is true the CCM is a bit more rare, but your price is well.. just see what happens..what the heck. Cool bike just the same. Dave Mar-29-11
A:   Hi Dave, I didn't remove the original engine. It is the original engine Clews built those 16 bikes with. The US importer brought it over because he thought the Honda engine would drive the interest up for the CCM's. The bike isn't running because the carb needs to be cleaned. It is an Amal carb and the slide is stuck. That happened once before and I shot a little carb cleaner into the air intake side and unstuck it. I know the asking price seems idiotic but when it is one of only 16 bikes in the world that makes it really rare. If nobody is interested I'll just keep it. Thanks and all the best.

firko

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 10:04:17 am »
You'd think that for the money he'd give the carby a bit of a once over and get it running. I still think it's a piss take, I reckon he's sitting back, having a great old laugh with his mates over a beer waiting to see if someone (anyone) is dumb enough to take up his offer.

TooFastTim

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 10:28:11 am »
Who's going to buy it? Well there are two possibilites, a guy who gets the bike dirty or a serious collector. A guy who gets the bike dirty would buy a Spray replica and a collector willing to fork out this kind of money is likely to look for something a little more exotic with a better pedigree. Like an ex Ago MV!

Seriously what kind of MX bike is worth that kind of money? I can only think of one. Joel Roberts RH72.

mx250

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 08:13:40 pm »
The Yank is not the only one with his head in the clouds - this guy had this on ebay at $9990 without a bid and now he has put it on at $15,000 Buy Now.

Yeah, right!! Pristine NOS ones struggle to get $12,000.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270729365782&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:AU:1123

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 08:37:00 pm »
The first one in the batch ie 001 was about £4000 a few years back.  It was (well) used regularly.

Good luck to him I say.  If anyone is that daft to buy it a that price then good on him.  Cheap advertising for the price of a quick ebay ad.  Maybe some one will make him a cheeky offer of $30,000 as it's a non runner (!) and he'll still be laughing.

Obviously the smart money is to get one from Rod Spry.  (there are also other people who will beuild you an exquisting replica of the JBR Honda for a fraction of the price.....)

Just for the hell of it I hope he does sell it, it has got genuine Bolton air in the tubes after all!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 09:08:17 pm »
He hasn't got a hope of selling it in the US when you consider that a full factory Works bike can be purchased over there for around $20,000 and they are much more desirable than a JBR.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:41:23 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

mx250

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 12:49:54 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-built-motocross-bike-/190517199807?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2c5bb5c3bf

Not one bid - no ones got no money  ;)   ;D
Thats a bit better ...........   :)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190519715660
cheers A
So much for "I know the asking price seems idiotic but when it is one of only 16 bikes in the world that makes it really rare. If nobody is interested I'll just keep it." (first Ad.)

Still about $10,000 over priced/ over the market, IMHO. It's an overweight over glorified trail bike ;) ;D.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 01:15:40 pm »
Still about $10,000 over priced/ over the market, IMHO. It's an overweight over glorified trail bike ;) ;D.

They say "THRID TIME LUCKY",so when he relists it for the 3rd time next time,he should be just about on the money  ;D  :P then let the bidding begin  ;D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 02:25:07 pm »
Only a $40,000 price drop :o.. didn't want to make much on it the first time!
Might even attract a bid this time.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 04:54:48 pm »
Bloody glorified HL500, 10 grand would be more like it.  ::) .... besides quite a few pommy special bikes like most Cheneys were built in small numbers, compared to Ribi front ended Cheney YZ the Honda at 16 units had quite a long production history.
formerly Marc.com