Author Topic: This is Officer Bubba... oops now I'm going to jail  (Read 7741 times)

Nice Rudy

Re: This is Officer Bubba... oops now I'm going to jail
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 10:59:47 am »
Nice work Firko.

Bubba's biggest problem is the legal system in the US never takes impersonating an officer lightly, ever. It will drag out for months with adjournments and discovery and he'll have awesome lawyers, but they will be battling to to keep him out of the pokie.

I wonder if he'll host his show from inside prison. Wonder if the little French guy will make conjugal visits?

Being nice,
Rudy

suzuki43

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 01:00:47 pm »
Having lived in the US for a short period,I would have thought a citizen would have known how seriously this is taken.Is it me,or is the young fella a bit simple?
I must admit I have never seen the TV show.
I admire what he does on a bike,but this type of caper is a pure moronic effort.

DR

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 03:07:34 pm »
Now, via insiders, here is what I hear is the truth…(without all the media hype spin on it!). Bubba was rushing to the airport to try to get his friend Thames to his flight on time. They were running late and were battling typical Orlando rush hour traffic…which can have you stand still for hours. James has red and blue lights in his toyota 4 runner…and when he realized they may miss the flight, he made the unfortunate decision to use them to get through traffic. That was wrong and obviously people cant do that anytime they are late for a flight. However, he did not try to “pull over” another car as the media may have stated! He was simply trying to move through traffic faster via his unfortunate prank of having blue and red lights. Obviously not a good idea, and you can rest assured that Big James is not happy at all!!…but we all have done something stupid in our lives…and I guess this was james turn. he is still a champion and now he shows us that he is human too. I trust that he will refocus on the series championship and get back to what he is best at: winning races!!

mx250

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 03:16:38 pm »
Now, via insiders, here is what I hear is the truth…(without all the media hype spin on it!). Bubba was rushing to the airport to try to get his friend Thames to his flight on time. They were running late and were battling typical Orlando rush hour traffic…which can have you stand still for hours. James has red and blue lights in his toyota 4 runner…and when he realized they may miss the flight, he made the unfortunate decision to use them to get through traffic. That was wrong and obviously people cant do that anytime they are late for a flight. However, he did not try to “pull over” another car as the media may have stated! He was simply trying to move through traffic faster via his unfortunate prank of having blue and red lights. Obviously not a good idea, and you can rest assured that Big James is not happy at all!!…but we all have done something stupid in our lives…and I guess this was james turn. he is still a champion and now he shows us that he is human too. I trust that he will refocus on the series championship and get back to what he is best at: winning races!!
It is still impersonating police, or a similar charge. And I'm sure a court will take a similar dim view of the incident and treat it seriously, as it should.

Why has he got red and blue lights fitted anyway? It wasn't 'spur of the moment'.

211kawasaki

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 03:19:14 pm »
I like how they list him as "Former MX Star James Stewart" in the news article at the start of the thread - how quick they fall!

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 04:08:52 pm »
    I think he should refocus and go back to crashin' his brains out ! (usually taking  someone else out with him) i say Bring back the goat at least he was consistant  ::)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 04:45:57 pm »

Hey Doc,
That might be the 'insiders' version. But the video of the female police officer explaining the alleged crime was very different. The two off duty police officers he pulled over might just make more believable witnesses than Bubba's 'insiders'.

A bit of PR spin might take some heat off in MX circles but I doubt it will wash in court.

It was dumb enough to flash the lights, but to run from the cops was just plain stupid and flies in the face of his feeble explanation.

Ah, the joys of being a celebrity…  :D  He should stick to riding dirt bikes.
VMX42

P.S. you gotta hope that at the next race heaps of fans turn up with flashing red and blue lights and set them off every time he hits the track. S$&t that would be funny, but I bet he wouldn't be laughing.  :D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:49:25 pm by vmx42 »
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 05:39:33 pm »
Why has he got red and blue lights fitted anyway? It wasn't 'spur of the moment'.

Maybe its a practise/race track safety item ! ? !..mmm not real mx track lights  ;D http://www.transmoto.com.au/publish/news/9142828/More-info-on-James-Stewart's-arrest

On another tact-Who are we too judge ,we where not there.
Same as with the Trev Flood story.. ::)
Two sides to a story.
cheers A
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:18:29 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 05:48:27 pm »
It didn't take long ::).......One thing just occurred to me...It was an awful, awful thing to have a bit of a lighthearted shit stir over "Our Trev's" midnight vacuum cleaner hunt but open season on Bubba's dumb indescretion seems to be OK. ::)

That was the point I was making, Firko. Must be the first time in my life that I have been too subtle.

Picking up someones disgarded hard rubbish  doesnt even come close to what Bubba did.The supposed stealing crime has since been abandoned , the impersonating a police officer charge will haunt Bubba for along time even if he gets off .Which he probably won't . Lucky for hime he has lots of money to afford the best lawyers, he's going to need them.

DR

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 06:04:38 pm »
Can't say I know who's telling the truth Jeff. I guess it's one of those 'you had to be there situations'  ;)

Back in early 1990 I purchased a newish '89 VN comode ex QLD police unmarked 'D car' from the govt auctions. Back then around Brisbane these cars were generally a pale metallic blue or a pale green colour. I remember all I had to do to overtake was simply roll up behind someone, flash my lights and most would pull over to the curb. It was a great laugh seeing the 'oh shit!' expressions in rear view mirrors turn to a look of perplexion as we drove right on past. Nothing illegal and nothing sinister but it was just something that gave us a laugh. They say to be old and wise one must first be young and foolish. Some are just a little more foolish than others :D

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 08:07:00 am »
I could think of better things he could impersonate than a cop may be a person with brains or an mx racer
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

TM BILL

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 08:58:32 am »
Give the kid a break ::) so he stuffs up a bit , hes not knocked over an old dear for her purse , hes not a kiddy fiddler , hes not even a white collar scumbag investment rip off artist theiving seniors life savings .

The poor bastard will have to face the consequences of his actions and will be lucky to get a fair go due to his sportsman status , wealth and being black wont help .

Surley a donantion to charity would suffice im sure big James has already kicked his arse .Hes just a kid who happens to be particulary good at racing dirt bikes, most of us on here have kids and i bet heir wouldn't be many of us who couldn't say our kids get it wrong from time to time .

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 12:08:05 pm »
yeah, i know it's old news by now but i liked this one so thought i'd share it :D
"flat bickie"

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 12:34:20 pm »
VAndy that rocks.   i love it !  nice find.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2011, 12:43:14 pm »
Vandy, that is pure gold.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"