Author Topic: Paypal help  (Read 5652 times)

Offline Husky70

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal help
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 06:11:05 pm »
Often takes Paypal a day or two to answer, they must get a lot of these.

suzuki43

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 06:26:27 pm »
Geoff - with all due respect for an old fella - bite your arse!!!  See Craigy boy - now you have people believing I fell for a Nigerian scam - wanker!!!!

Have emiled paypal = no answer yet - maybe that was a spoof address as well!!!!
Sniff sniff personal abuse,I feel so abused......
In all seriousness its sad how many people have fallen for the old Nigerian scam.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 09:41:28 am »
you're lucky I feel so much man love for you!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 09:58:32 pm »
Yep they have been busy alright. Been getting fake emails impersonating Banks, Paypal, Telstra, Microsoft and Google. They all revolve around money or some offer that is just to good to be true. Spend the money and run a really good antivirus program that is set to update automatically everyday and to scan your computer everyday. I have also heard that some of the free antivirus programmes available online do not protect your passwords when banking online. Get good protection and avoid the grief.  ;D ;D   

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 10:19:42 pm »
What programe do you recommend IT490K1983?
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 10:59:34 pm »
Been running Trend Micro Titanium for just over a year now without any dramas. Got tired of Trojans, Worms and Spybots forking up my computer everytime I went online and then having to pay someone to fix it.   ;D

mx250

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 06:44:13 am »
Been running Trend Micro Titanium for just over a year now without any dramas. Got tired of Trojans, Worms and Spybots forking up my computer everytime I went online and then having to pay someone to fix it.   ;D
Get an Apple, no probs  ;) ;D

DR

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2011, 08:16:34 am »
Check the actual message source by right clicking on the email notification and clicking 'Veiw Message Source'  before you actually open the email if in doubt. Usually the senders actual email address will show inconsistencies ;)

Jeez, what's with all the agro lately, read and comprhend the posts properly and you'll see there was no mention that you were sucked into a Nigerian scam ???  it was just a comment on another very popular scam that I'm sure near everyone has received at some time or another. Been browsing online for over 15 years and I'm yet to fall victim to any of this shit..commonsense goes a long way.

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 10:37:19 am »
Get an Apple, no probs  ;) ;D

There are apparently some Mac specific viruses doing the rounds now so keep an eye out.

See thats the thing with good quality virus protection, if it detects anything dodgy it won't allow any links to open or any changes to your register values and settings.  :)

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 05:24:48 pm »
Doc - settle petal - Geoff, Craig and I often take any opportunity to stir - that's all it was - no agro intended as I am sure Craig was aware if you note his reply!!   ;D ;D  Geez - talk about too much read into something - excuse me for stirring my friends?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B

suzuki43

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 07:43:02 pm »
Rossco,no stress here.
Man o man it really f__ks me off how some people on this forum,lack the intellect to be able to tell the difference between friendly stirring between mates,and actual bitch fests.I am not referring to Uncle Firko either....

Everyone repeat after me.. "This forum is not real life" "This forum is not real life""This forum is not real life""This forum is not real life"
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 07:49:04 pm by suzuki43 »

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 08:08:50 pm »

Everyone repeat after me.. "This forum is not real life" "This forum is not real life""This forum is not real life""This forum is not real life"
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah?  Speak for yourself.  This is my life!!!

suzuki43

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 08:10:57 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah?  Speak for yourself.  This is my life!!!
Ha Ha thanks mate,thats another laugh out loud moment.

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 11:49:53 am »
I try to take everything here as 1/2 glass full - not 1/2 glass empty - works most of the time with 99% of everything on here light hearted - even my mate GMC  ;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B