Author Topic: the rewards of not panicing in Tokyo  (Read 4017 times)

firko

Re: the rewards of not panicing in Tokyo
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 10:29:30 am »
you dont "hotrod" a Ferrari or Aston Martin do you?.....or an RN/RH RC etc
Nice bike those YZ's but it's a bit pompous putting them in the same class as a Ferrari or Aston, let alone RH/RN or even a YZ360A. They're rare but not that rare. As far as hot rodding Astons or Ferraris..go and have a look at the GT class at your friendly local road race meeting. They're hotted up to the shit house, tubbed, cut and shut and all sorts of stuff done to them.

If the bike was a nice clean barn find like those on the Swapmeet I'd go the 20 point resto but Marc's (with a C) old YZ has been through the hillbilly treatment already so why not give it a bit of a hot rod touch up. ::)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 11:16:31 am »
This could go on but I wont do a Nathan......commonsence should prevale. ;)....hows the war injuries going....that ankle OK yet?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 11:36:38 am »
BTW...Not deserting "the sinking ship" was a damn fine thing to do IMO.

I left the rats to desert and based my decision on science and that I have 60 staff that I am not about to piss off on.

Anyway having wet my whistle on my MX250 ,I am looking forward to doing the biz with the YZ.

formerly Marc.com

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 11:42:15 am »
Its pretty barn fresh but for well under 2 grand Aussie good starting point. Nothing like painting a tank black to reduce its value

formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 01:05:33 pm »
Now look here blackboy, he doesnt need any encouragement at all....you just stick to your TS'es, KLX'es and your worlds biggest farm bike collection. ;D

Calm down Joan  ::) that would be the same TS farm bike shitter that kicked your monkey arse and your 250A at the classic would it  :-*
Have you sent that Easter entry in yet  ;) im putting together a TS, DT , KE , XR hybrid with genuine Chinka footpegs for you to ride  ;D
Is that Christchurch Michelin Dwarf coming with you  ??? and what about the Dutchie and Bertie  ;D Iv'e cleaned up the series here with a round to go so the KX is going begging for Easter  :D

Back on topic Marc with a C get that A shipped straight here for Easter , Joans arriving a week early so he can race prepare it  ;D

The MX is growing on me  :) just need to tweek that arm a bit and its all good  ;)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 02:08:46 pm »
Both of you guys need to spend some time in Lake Alice for the mentally and criminally insane....I would has-it a guess that you've both been there before. ;D.....Theres me, the dwarf, H (big H now), the clogwog, oldfart and I'm working on Bertie (told him oldfart will take him shooting so I think thats sealed the deal....also wants to fire the Buzzards machine gun)....shit, I want to fire the Buzzards Bren gun!!......geez Marc(with a C), I can see you and the big fella turning that thing into a ratrod....breaks my heart.......hey blackboy, you better get the brothers to put up a mae-rai or somthing for us to kip down in...(hows the hookers coming along?)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 02:37:13 pm »
Hookers...... im in.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 02:59:47 pm »
Both of you guys need to spend some time in Lake Alice for the mentally and criminally insane....I would has-it a guess that you've both been there before. ;D.....

Yes but it was purely a social visit, friend of mine had a shocking experience there.  ;D

Anyways blacky the YZ will get some suitable love. I have another nice PDI swinger ... this bike is my inspiration

formerly Marc.com

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 04:00:08 pm »
I could live with that but you would have to powdercoat the swingarm black

firko

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 04:09:01 pm »
and get rid of that ridiculous nickel coated pipe and the Yamaha signage off the fork legs, I think we know it's a Yamaha. Other than those little things it's a nice hot rod Yammy ;).

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 08:03:13 pm »
needs a heap more bling!    chrome it!     plate it!   Polish it!!!

(yeuk)