Author Topic: the rewards of not panicing in Tokyo  (Read 4019 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
the rewards of not panicing in Tokyo
« on: March 21, 2011, 01:14:07 pm »
So didn't buy the hype and stayed in Tokyo now just rewarding myself with a nice YZ 250 A project out of the cash I never blew on pissing off from Japan. Whats dealing with a few milliseverts compared to scoring a good VMXer. ;D

The bit that pisses me is the efforts that were diverted away from Miyagi prefecture where people havn't been fed in a few days. F&^K the media most were recycling old footage of normal crowding in Tokyo and reporting it like everyone leaving.

formerly Marc.com

DR

Re: the rewards of not panicing in Tokyo
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 01:26:07 pm »
Japan has been all but dropped from the current media headlines here.. media frenzy now seems centered around Muammar Gadaffi and the bombing escapades the last few days ::) I was more interested in Japan but obviously an interest not shared with the general populous :-\

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 02:05:00 pm »
those vultures in the media have moved to where there might be a few bodies. Plus it is US news and US news gets better advertising exposure.
formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 02:40:41 pm »
I'm getting stuck into the news coming out of Queensland with Diana's boy Prince William visiting all the flood zones..he's a top bloke,really made people smile.  8)
Also good news to hear,the 80 year old nana and 16 year old found in their Japanese wrecked home.
If you ever leave Japan Marcfx and your going to need your own Ocean Liner for all them bikes..  ;D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 05:22:44 pm »
Japan has been all but dropped from the current media headlines here.. media frenzy now seems centered around Muammar Gadaffi and the bombing escapades the last few days ::) I was more interested in Japan but obviously an interest not shared with the general populous :-\

I agree, all of a sudden it was just gone from major news headlines.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

TooFastTim

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 05:43:25 pm »
So didn't buy the hype and stayed in Tokyo now just rewarding myself with a nice YZ 250 A project out of the cash I never blew on pissing off from Japan. Whats dealing with a few milliseverts compared to scoring a good VMXer. ;D

Good thing it's got that lovely aluminium tank Mark. Radiation really stuffs up plastic  ::)

*come to think of it I have a test of the A model from Cycle. I'll dig it up for you in the next day or two.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:45:06 pm by TooFastTim »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 07:10:33 pm »
Another fine project prize to your already excellent fleet :) cheers Tim754
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:30:50 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Evil Rudy

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 08:03:05 pm »
Panicing (sic) has a "k" in it.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 11:28:04 pm »
We got a call the other night from a student we looked after 15 years ago for a year.....Yukiko lives on the north side of Tokyo and said everything in her house fell over or off the shelves.....she's a little tough nut (and a good golfer) and keeps in contact. Does this mean you will take that YZA tank off the MX Marc?....you wont be allowed into the fellowship pulling stunts like that....belittling the mighty YZA....no farked up swingarms either...or different shades of silver...or leftover whitworth bolts from your pommy jalopies ;D.....and DONT put a picture of the MX up.....dont...argh
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 11:33:58 pm »
yes hopefully he will pull apart that mx obomination.........  that tank deserves a better resting place.  when we see proof of the tank saved we might show you the secret handshake.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 11:39:15 pm »
 ;)

TM BILL

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 08:03:24 am »
Hey isn't the tank on the MX a 125 tank  ??? come Marc we need a photo to confirm  ;D

That really is a great score  ;D i can feel the envy oozzing out of those yamaphiles  :D

I think once you get one of those cool swinging arms on her and a lowboy fat pipe and probably needs some anodised red rims and a CZ bread box tank she will be a pearler  ;)

Dont forget we need a pic of the MX for Joan  :D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 08:25:31 am »
Now look here blackboy, he doesnt need any encouragement at all....you just stick to your TS'es, KLX'es and your worlds biggest farm bike collection. ;D

firko

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 09:57:45 am »
Marc.....I really hope you turn that grotty old YZ into the wildest bad boy hot rod you can muster.  What we don't need is another boring 'perfect' resto. Seen one, seen 'em all. 8)

BTW...Not deserting "the sinking ship" was a damn fine thing to do IMO. I bet your decision gained you a lot of respect from your work colleagues, neighbours and friends in Tokyo. ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:02:40 am by firko »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 10:14:38 am »
Not you too Mark with a "K",....you dont "hotrod" a Ferrari or Aston Martin do you?.....or an RN/RH RC etc....you'll wake up with a headless Bindi doll next to you and your Maico's will turn into chinese chinkas!! ;D