Author Topic: Show us your mini bike.  (Read 91930 times)

ant73

Re: Show us your mini bike.
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2011, 11:20:31 am »
Here's my mini IT  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

pics with its sibling  ;D ;D ;D

ANT

Offline Adam

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2011, 09:44:18 pm »
My first bike - 77 XR75 K4. I got it 2nd hand when I was about 9 or 10. My dad bought it off my uncle and it was about 2 years old old and had hardly been used. It was then progressively trashed over the next 15 years by me and later by my younger brother and sisters.  I fully restored it a few years ago. NOS side covers cost me a mint!

monaro308

« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2011, 09:50:41 pm »
Adam and ant...(no pun  ;D ) very cool bikes top stuff!

Offline d veda

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2011, 05:54:24 pm »
1978 XL/XR75

1971 Z50A ORIGINAL 1000Miles new toy

A LONG TIME A GO. NOW TO BE RELIVED

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2011, 07:52:01 pm »
Just need front guard, stickers ,airbox ,front no# plate .
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

XR75PILOT

« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2011, 12:22:52 pm »
Here is the 73 KO XR75 mini of my youth parked outside at the family homeplace (where I terrorized the hood) ;D, stored in the  basement till about 4 years ago...I decided to dig it out.  Parents saved everything.!!!  I ran it really hard and even raced it a few times. Slowly it came around,  as I  had  a bit of work and good deal of parts hunting actually to bring the little mini back to life. The engine (amazing) is still running on the original bore , and has never been apart.  The whole bike is 100% original Honda parts , including 95% of the frame paint is factory black.  I lucked out finding several tuff items for this project ... I replaced the original rusty/bent/bashed gas tank  with a practically NOS tank that was in fact a long forgotten warrenty take off from a dealer in FL who found it stashed away in their service building loft since 1973 ..LoL...Turned out, all it needed was a thin copper washer to seal the petcock to tank . This was (only flaw I could find), suppose it was easier to replace it than figure out why it leaked and fix it. ;)  I polished out the original chrome rims, spokes and handlebars. Added htf NOS KO fenders , grips, lever covers, side & front NOS Number plate and rare NOS Honda rubber tipped levers .  Restored the ol exhaust pipe/muffler best I could . Used all new Honda bolts, springs, cotter pins ect, and a new set of vintage Chen sen knobbies. I still have the original covered KO seat with tools still attached and a prized NOS skid plate stored away ,for inside display one day.  I keep a recovered seat and beat ol skid plate so I can still ride a bit .  Fun to ride after all these years., yea..  It was much faster when I weighted 100 pds. ;D

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 12:18:50 am by XR75PILOT »

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2011, 06:10:14 pm »
Nice little XR75 you have there Mr Pilot 8) whilst I find it all but compulsory to have a mini or several I think it's even better when it is the actual bike from all those years ago ;) I still have my original RM80B from 1977 and I'll probably die with it still in my possession :D Of the several mini I own I do have the obligatory XR75 though mine infact is an '82 XR80 in an '83 YZ80K chassis.

XR75PILOT

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2011, 10:09:32 pm »
Nice little XR75 you have there Mr Pilot 8) whilst I find it all but compulsory to have a mini or several I think it's even better when it is the actual bike from all those years ago ;) I still have my original RM80B from 1977 and I'll probably die with it still in my possession :D Of the several mini I own I do have the obligatory XR75 though mine infact is an '82 XR80 in an '83 YZ80K chassis.

Thanks.  Sounds like you have the same sentimental attachments.  I also love all the Yamaha YZ bikes as well. 

I had grown my hair a bit too long for my fathers taste in those days , otherwise I did ok in school and he out-voted my mothers stance (he'll break his neck :D)  on getting a mini cycle to replace the first minibike. 

So...I went (without fuss) to local barber shop one afternoon Dec 1972 with my father ., the next stop was the local Honda dealer .  8)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2011, 05:44:46 pm »
Thats one sweet ride man,I am in the process of collecting parts to do a stock K0 resto to go with my other two 4 speeders,got most parts,still looking for the correct throttle assy & the holy grail,an undamaged left hand engine cover,I didnt have a K0 as a kid but a K2,love em to bits :)by the way,your right hand fork is on inside out by the looks of the lugs ;)

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2011, 07:23:08 pm »
Hi smed,
I think I might be able to help you with a really good LH engine cover. Give me a call about Wednesday next week and I will check it out for you. 0418503079.

Stan.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2011, 07:47:10 pm »
I love the mini bikes that some guys do and I have even done one or two myself but I just cant own one these days.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2011, 09:39:33 pm »
Thanks Stan,Will do, Anybody got a throttle?, it's the same as XL250ko motosport :)

XR75PILOT

« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2011, 11:06:54 am »
Thats one sweet ride man,I am in the process of collecting parts to do a stock K0 resto to go with my other two 4 speeders,got most parts,still looking for the correct throttle assy & the holy grail,an undamaged left hand engine cover,I didnt have a K0 as a kid but a K2,love em to bits :)by the way,your right hand fork is on inside out by the looks of the lugs ;)

Yep !! your right ..Thanks  OMG ...the tube is turned around..HAA!!! too funny ....I'll fix it next trip...I just never noticed , but the bike stays 300miles away from were I live year around.  Thats why it took me so long finish it.  I only got to see it about every 5-8 weeks for a few days at a time. And really only a couple people have seen it since I finished it up at the beginning of this summer.  I would gather up parts and then work on it a few hours a day until next trip.

I had a extra NOS cover and sold it few months back.  m they are hard to get. The hardest part for me was hands down a NOS skid plate...... I won't say what I paid , but I need my head examine. LoL ......the NOS front number plate was tuff too as were the OEM Rubber Tipped Honda levers.

KO 75 is my favorite mini for sure.............dang !! just wait...I'll fix those tubes.....Hee hee 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:44:02 am by XR75PILOT »

XR75PILOT

« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2011, 11:18:58 am »
Thanks Stan,Will do, Anybody got a throttle?, it's the same as XL250ko motosport :)

HI,

The KO throttle was unique .  It was a two piece black  assembly.  It is hard to find NOS .......but here is the link where I got mine in Europe .  There were almost out of these when I got mine.  It was the only place on the planet that still has any NOS parts for the KOXR75 .

http://www.cmsnl.com/

Also..... I see a barn find KO75 on eBay that appears to have the correct throttle on it !!! You would have to email the seller , I imagine he would sell anything off this bike.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XR75-XR-75-Fuel-Gas-Tank-1973-/110737369336?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c87628f8
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 10:40:33 pm by XR75PILOT »

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2011, 03:20:06 pm »
My '74 MR50...

Had one as a kid (my first bike) and just couldn't stop the urge to build one... ;D